News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#1Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:05pm

Ok im going to NYC this weekend to see Mary Poppins and Curtains, for a school trip. I have been informed that we can go off on our own to try our hands at getting tix to another show. So I have narrowed it down to the following:

Drowsy
Legally Blond
Radio Golf
Les Miz

HELP ME CHOOSE!

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

Yankeefan007
#2re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:06pm

drowsy

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
jbdc
#3re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:09pm

yes. drowsy (lotto!) or 110 (tkts). Skip all that other crap.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:10pm

Of those I've only seen Drowsy but highly recommend it.

Drowsy.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#5re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:10pm

I'd check out Legally Blonde actually. Les Mis is stupid these days and Drowsy's funny but you may not like the score. I think it'd be fun* to see LB.

* = Only at a discounted price.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#6re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:11pm

I don't know about 110 in the Shade or Radio Golf, but don't see any of those others. Drowsy is great, but it'll tour. Don't get me started on the others.
See something that could use the money. See Grey Gardens. See LoveMusik. I mean, you may not be interested in those, but see something that could use your business. Help a great show stay on.

BroadwaySinger2
#7re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:11pm

Drowsy hands down.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#8re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:13pm

I thought you were going to do something important. Oh my.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#9re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:22pm

Friends of mine have seen Love Musik, and I can tell you it dosent interest me, the main reason im leaning towards 110 is because of audra, I need to see her live a least once, and do you think audra will be making many more broadway apperences after 110. I wouldn't even need to decide is Bob was still in Drowsy.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#10re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:24pm

"I mean, you may not be interested in those, but see something that could use your business."

Honestly? You'd suggest someone spending money to come in from out of town further spend money to see a show they're not interested in? I've read a lot of ridiculous things on this board, but that is right up there.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#11re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:24pm

DROWSY!

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

Wilko
#12re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:27pm

I would recommend Drowsy or LB.

And God bless if this in indeed the hardest decision of your life! re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#13re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:28pm

Les Mis! It's my favorite show and it's always worth seeing.

And hello Lea Salonga is in it.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

Julian2
#14re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:35pm

I would say either

-110 in the Shade - A quality revival of a quality musical theatre piece starring a modern icon of the musical stage. The 2 you are already seeing we're mixed reveiwed comedies.

-Radio Golf - A quality production of a very important last work by a very important playwrite. Your not seeing any plays right now.

Drowsy, LB, and Les Miz will ALL tour/be seen regionally FOREVER, see one of these productions WHILE YOU CAN!

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#15re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:37pm

Yeah but HELLO Lea Salonga is in it! re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#16re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:37pm

Is this REALLY the hardest decision of your life? Probably not. That being said:

110 in the Shade is limited...and Audra is amazing. Go see that!! HANDS DOWN!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#17re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 10:46pm

What bjh says!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jo
#18re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/23/07 at 11:44pm

I honestly thought you were going to ask people here on the choice between dramatic theatre or musical theatre as your college major re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP

If you are a musical theatre geek, you will enjoy DROWSY very much.

But enjoy yourself with all the three Broadway shows you are going to see!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#19re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 3:17am

Day of the show, be at Studio 54 when the box office opens and get a student ticket.

NathanLaneStalker
#20re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:24am

110. You'll have other chances to see the other shows. This is a limited run.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#21re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:53am

I've seen all but Radio Golf, so I can't comment on that, otherwise, i'd say 110 hands down.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#22re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 8:05am

Go for 110 in the Shade.

Now I love me some Drowsy, and Beth Leavel is awesometabulous, but you're no longer seeing the entire original cast so there's little reason that you NEED to see it now. OK, so you would be seeing a brand new original cast if you saw Legally Blonde, but...as much as my interest in the show has risen recently, it's just not something you need to see at the moment. And I'm sure you've noticed by now that nobody has said Les Miz. re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP DEFINITELY one you'll have a chance to see again...and again...and again...in almost identical form later on in life.

I'll admit, I'm not really familiar with Radio Golf, and if people are interested in one play and a lot of musicals I usually tell them to see the play. I'm sure this one is a great bet. But...Audra ain't in Radio Golf. Just remember that.

Have a great trip...I hope you get the chance to see more than one of your choices (I have a similar situation with a quick trip to London this year--my group will be doing a workshop and seeing a play at the Globe which is pretty exciting, but we're pushing like hell to squeeze in a West End show, if only on our own).

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Zeitoujo
#23re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 8:07am

les mis first
drowsy second
the rest are crap.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#24re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
Posted: 4/24/07 at 9:04am

DROWSY. It doesn't matter that it's touring - this is your chance to see it with Beth and Danny and they're worth the price all alone!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Videos