pixeltracker

O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early

O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early

Here_I_Go_Again
#1O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 7:56pm

SADD news... oh and i cant take that nasty dumb blond B@*$h host Elizabeth Hasselbeck
BEST wishes RO!!!!!!
BROADWAYWORLD.COM ers will miss you TONZZZ

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 7:58pm

Old news and Off Topic.

Please search before you post.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 8:04pm

really?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 8:12pm

The battle of egos started when Rosie announced she wouldn't attend to the Emmy Awards, and that lowers the chances of the guest co-hosts of The View to win the Emmy.
I think Joy and Elizabeth were hurt, because they want to win an Emmy they can call their own, and Barbara always wants more awards for her show. So that's when it all started, Joy saying that Rosie is not the only reason why they'd win the Emmy, etc.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 5/25/07 at 08:12 PM

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#4re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 8:33pm

*shrugs uncaringly*

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#5re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:15pm

Hi All-

I know its OFF THE TOPIC- but let me say I will miss Rosie bec. the fact she brings Broadway shows with her plus not to mention
she brought Christine Ebersole, Audra McDonald & Kristin Chenoweth to co host . I think eversince she was there at The View , they had numbers from "Grey Gardens", "Spring Awakening" , "The Apple Tree", "The Times They-Are-Changing",
"Mary Poppins" ,(her b-day) "Les Miserables", "The Color Purple" & " A Chorus Line" (halloween) "Evil Dead" and lastly the "Pirate Queen" - yes I taped it all ! (Did I miss anything?) and she had guest from the plays, "Deuce", "Butley" , "The Scene", "The Year of Magical Thinking" ... Can you imagine all of these "just" this season on The "View". She really helped Broadway a lot . Rosie is the reason why I watched "The View" and Rosie always says good things about Broadway show. I learned to appreciate "Grey Gardens" bec of her.

Dont start me with that Elizabeth H. She has no talent, never been an advocate of Broadway shows, knows nothing about politics
and she needs to go back to her reality crap show and eat bugs &
worms.. ( I hate to be negative . I am just so pi*ssed at her right now ! Let me end this by borrowing some lines from Evil Dead- "What a stupid b*itch ! )
Updated On: 5/25/07 at 09:15 PM

theaterdude87
#6re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:18pm

yeah agreed.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

neddyfrank2
#7re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:19pm

What did Grey Gardens and The Times They Are Changing perform?

theaterdude87
#8re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:22pm

a while ago.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#9re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:23pm

Christine Ebersole (Grey Gardens) performed "Another Winter in a Summer Town" without Mary Louise Wilson

Michael Arden (The Times- They are- Changing) performed " Like a Rolling Stone"

Updated On: 5/25/07 at 09:23 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#11re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:54pm

Additional Information : Numbers performed from the "The View" this year (in case you guys are wondering?)

1. Spring Awakening-"Touch Me" the entire cast without the touching part, just standing.

2. The Apple Tree " Gorgeous" by Kristin Chenoweth

3. Mary Poppins "Supercalifrag..." by entire cast

4. Evil Dead- (Halloween Special) "Do The Necromicon" entire cast

5. The Pirate Queen "Medley of Woman/ IF I Said So & the Wedding Dance" by Stephanie J . Block , Hadley Fraser & the Dancers

6. Les Miserables - "Bring Him Home/ Finale Number of Do You Hear"

7. A Chorus Line- "One Finale" - entire cast wearing their golden costumes

8. Color Purple - "What About Love" by La Chanze & Elizabeth Withers Mendes

Updated On: 5/25/07 at 09:54 PM

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#12re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:16pm

"Dont start me with that Elizabeth H. She has no talent, never been an advocate of Broadway shows, knows nothing about politics
and she needs to go back to her reality crap show and eat bugs &
worms.. "

and Rosie has talent? What makes you think Rosie knows any more about politics than Elizabeth? your arguments are ridiculous. I used to love Rosies show because of her support of Broadway, but then she just turned nasty and her politics overshadow anything she does for Broadway. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#13re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:55pm

You did so much for us. We'll miss you Rosie! Hope you get your own show again soon.

muscle23ftl
#14re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:58pm

Well, duh, of course Rosie has talent, she got to be one of America's biggest superstars coming from absolutely nothing.
She won "Star Search", she became famous with her stand up, acted in some movies that now are "classics" like "Sleepless in Seattle", "A League of Their Own", etc.
Rosie opened the last revival of "Grease!" on Broadway, hosted a very successful show for 6 ys, you can't compare her with a "reality tv" star like Elizabeth, this is probably the 1st time she got some notority because of O'Donnell.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

DARTH Profile Photo
DARTH
#15re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:36am

The sound of nothing that you hear is the reaction to the news that Rosie will no longer be on "The View".

Rentaholic2
#16re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 1:31am

You honestly think Elizabeth knows less about politics than Rosie? Please. Whatever your political views are, its hard to deny that most political statements that come out of Rosie's mouth are completely ridiculous and uninformed. If I were someone who agreed with her political views, I would be embarrassed by her radical presentation of my views.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#17re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 1:41am

Please tell me one political statement tat Rosie has made that was "uninformed."
Updated On: 5/26/07 at 01:41 AM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#18re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 6:36am

Ooops. I forgot another show..

Martin Short " Fame Become Me" - A Big Black Lady Stop the Show- entire cast.

Bwayfan4
#19re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 6:44am

Good. I'm glad Rosie's leaving. I'm sick and tired of hearing her shoot off her mouth. Is she good for the Broadway community? Yes. Is she good for the view? No. Updated On: 5/26/07 at 06:44 AM

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#20re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 8:35am

I don't mind if someone has an opinion even if at time it is or seems to be uninformed; which I found with Rosie as well as Elisabeth, that's cool, it's happened to all of us who are passionate about the things we believe. But it's the way said opinion is expressed that usually irrates me. Rosie tends to try to shout people down and not allow them to complete a sentence and Elisabeth squeaks and squeals like a rusty hinge, making her barely audiable and somewhat intolerable. I'm not fond of watching either of them frankly. Being a peaceable soul, I found the constant confrontionalism unsettling. So usually I would tune into The View just to see the Broadway segments and then I'd split. Debate or discussion is one thing, bullying is quite another.
Updated On: 5/26/07 at 08:35 AM

Bdwy24
#21re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 8:43am

This is not off topic.....Its a main story right on this site. AND if we were talking about Kristin Chenoweth on a talk show that wouldnt be off-topic....

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#22re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:16am

AND if we were talking about Kristin Chenoweth on a talk show that wouldnt be off-topic....

Because you'd be talking about a Broadway actress.

In both cases.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

muscle23ftl
#23re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:29am

"Rosie tends to try to shout people down and not allow them to complete a sentence and Elisabeth sqeaks and sqeals like a rusty hinge, making her barely audiable and somewhat intolerable"

Barely audiable? I think you were watching a different show. Elizabeth screams all the time, and interrupts more than anyone.
I watch(ed) the show every single day.

Updated On: 5/26/07 at 09:29 AM

Fenchurch
#24re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:25am

Hasselback is a repub tool and Rosie knows it, anything she did against Hasselback, I support her.

Hasselback has no right tobe on television. She's just a pretty mouthpiece for the right, its fairly disgusting.

Im not a Rosie fan, but at least someone is speaking up and telling the truth in the media and on TV and I wish she would continue.

"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#25re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:38am

My mistake muscle. I didn't mean to say Elisabeth didn't scream, just that she begins to squeak it makes it hard to understand her, at least for me. Audible was a poor word choice on my part. Sorry. re: O'Donnell Announces She Will Depart 'The View' Early

Videos