Eminem - the musical?

colleen_lee
#1Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 7:59pm

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44118447

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#2re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:08pm

ALW seems to have been an Eminem fan for a while- his playlist on itunes feaures "Loose Yourself". Even if this DOES work out...which.....even though I am not a huge ALW fan, I am curious, Webber seems to have too much on his plate right now to expect completion anytime soon.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Updated On: 6/2/07 at 08:08 PM

#2re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:08pm

I just saw that article!

There are just no words...

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#3re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:10pm

Andrew Lloyd Weber is running out of idea! First- The Phantom of Manhattan , second this Eminem collabo - a musical ? ... oh please. "Don't bored us that sh*t !" (from Martin Short : Fames becomes me)-j*

Updated On: 6/2/07 at 08:10 PM

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#4re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:10pm

More power to them.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

being.jeremiah
#5re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:24pm

"Hey, if Eminem is willing to duet with Aida composer Elton John on TV, then anything's possible..."

Maybe another vampire musical, set in modern-day New York.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#6re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:42pm

I'd see it in a second.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#7re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:45pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hahahahahaha
ha!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#8re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:50pm

...andrew loyd doesnt have like a specific amount of musicals to write before he dies. just stop!

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#9re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:52pm

OT:

yay icon!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Fenchurch
#10re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 9:15pm

Eminem is incredibly talented, and I would indeed see anything that he's involved in in a minute.

"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl

chino Profile Photo
chino
#11re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 9:21pm

Interesting, but yikes.

LostLeander
#12re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 9:22pm

Aside from the absurdity that is the idea of an Eminem musical, I enjoyed the 50 Cent comments, as he tattletells on his friend's whereabouts.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#13re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 9:37pm

A rap musical maybe? If done well it could be excellent...

I wonder...

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

and the mirror
#14re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 10:13pm

A rap opera. How...reveloutionary?
Except this is Eminem. Every other word would be "F***k"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 10:15pm

I'm usually all about not judging something before you see it, so this is gonna come off as hypocritical, but...no, just no.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

misschung
#16re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 10:17pm

A rap musical could actually be very good if it were done right. I have no idea how, but still - I have an open mind, especially since there might be a large man in a spidey suit on the great white way soon.

Maybe he'd have his ex wife in it

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Dollypop
#17re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 10:49pm

Keep homophobic people away from Broadway!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/3/07 at 10:49 PM

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#18re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/2/07 at 10:57pm

Well MTV did a made-for-tv movie called "Carmen: A Hip-Hopera" with Beyonce, and while it wasn't that good, it certainly proved that a rap opera could be done. I think it would be fascinating to see, but I doubt Eminem would want anything to do with ALW.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#19re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/3/07 at 1:07am

I read this earlier today and Im intriuged. I think it could be intresting. Anything to distract him from the phantom sequel.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/3/07 at 8:29am

Imagine all the people who would expect this musical to be about candy.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#21re: Eminem - the musical?
Posted: 6/3/07 at 9:36am

DollyPop do you actually believe that Eminem is homophobic?

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#22"Give me eleven Excederin my head'll spin..."
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:36am

Whatever negative comments are being made about the possibility of a rap oriented musical, you can be certain that almost the exact same things were said in the early days of rock musicals.

I think Eminem is a musical genius, and I too would want to see anything he was involved with. I don't know about someone else "portraying" Eminem.

"...Medicine will keep me revvin' like a 747 jet engine"

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#23'Give me eleven Excederin my head'll spin...'
Posted: 6/3/07 at 3:33pm

KQuill- Yes . I think he is homophobic. A rapper who uses the word F*G and b*tch to degrade women all the time to sell his record --just too look "hip" is homophobic and worst cowardly . I knew he was a talented rapper specially as a lyricist (have you heard how he uses his rhyme > its just pure genius ) but the fact that some kids who listen to his music and think its cool to use the f*g word to look "hip" - that does not fly good to me. I think The best thing I love about Broadway is it always teaches tolerance and acceptance.

BROADWAY & EMINEM= I dont think so! .. Besides what ( to everyone) makes you think he will work with Andrew Lloyd Weber? The first thing Eminem laid eyes on him, he will say.. "no! "-j*

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#24'Give me eleven Excederin my head'll spin...'
Posted: 6/3/07 at 3:35pm

"I think The best thing I love about Broadway is it always teaches tolerance and acceptance."

As long as you're not a Republican.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Videos