pixeltracker

Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening- Page 2

Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#25re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:21am

Krysta covers ALL of the female roles, and she's wonderful in all of them. I've seen her go on for 4 main roles, and for 2 of the roles I liked her better than the principal.

And if you want to create a thread every time an ensemble leaves the show, go ahead. No one is stopping you.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#26re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:24am

Tapioca, have you ever SEEN Krysta on stage? I hope you're not assuming that an understudy is not as talented as the people who are originating roles. I saw Krysta go on as Wendla and I was floored by her acting talent. She gave so much nuance to the character that I never realized was there before. It was so clear what her Wendla wanted, and she fought for it every step of the way...her Wendla wasn't just an innocent girl, there was a little bit of a rebel in her and you could see why she was so attracted to Melchoir. Lea has a better singing voice, in my opinion, but Krysta will be sorely missed. She was so bright and affable at the stage door. I can understand why she's leaving, but I'm saddened by this news. I wish her all the best.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#27re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:58am

Best of luck to Krysta. This gives me a good reason to revisit A CHORUS LINE.

There is no point in trying to explain what you mean to the naysayers. They are not interested in what we have to say. They just want an excuse to say how much they despise SPRING AWAKENING because it beat GREY GARDENS for practically every Tony Award.

Haters, you've made your point about 500 times over. Your hate temper tantrums are getting tired, kids.

It's like you're not going to stop whining until SPRING AWAKENING hands every Tony Award it won to GREY GARDENS. We get it. We've heard it time and time again. You've made your point. Now please find something constructive to discuss while we discuss something on Broadway that we (and all major theatre columnists, critics, and Tony voters) enjoy and appreciate.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 05:58 AM

trinaaron Profile Photo
trinaaron
#28re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:11am

I always thought she is the most interesting and distinctive looking cast member they have. There is something about her that draws the eye even when she is just sitting with the on stage audience or part of the ensemble when the cast has performed outside of the theater. Congratulations to her.

Now, about all the people who have decided that it was so important to post that this information is not worthy of mention. Since you read the thread you obviously knew who she was. Why assume that nobody else does. (And if you only read it becuase you hate Spring Awakening......well that's just sad)

Yankeefan007
#29re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:21am

My first thought was "....Who?"

Good for her.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#30re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:27am

"Kind of an odd choice for that show (are they going to give her a wig? her hair is too modern for both shows)"

That's just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Her hair is not all that modern, and all they have to do is put her in a headband anyway. Whenever Lyndy Franklin goes on as Bebe, she wears a red headband. I am sure it won't be a problem.

Lauren_T
#31re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:09am

all I can say is FINALLY!!! Finally one of them is leaving and seeing beyond Spring Awakening. They need some new faces in that cast. C'mon ladies and gents get a move on! Good for Krysta for starting the moving on trend!

Mattbrain
#32re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:13am

All right, Krysta!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I always knew big things were in store for her.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#32re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:13am

^^^ What are you talking about? It hasn't even been a month since the Tony Awards and the show hasn't even been on Broadway for a year. I don't think that the cast should be in THAT much of a rush to move on to something new.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Mattbrain
#34re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:26am

Totally off topic but Gustof777, I totally agree with your signature.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#35re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:29am

Krysta is hot and talented. Replaceable? Yup. For every hot and talented actress, there are 500 more just like her in NY. But I like her too.

And she should be Morales!!!!!!

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#36re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:01am

you know what Becoz I Knew you 21!?!?!? I think it's ridiculous that you started this thread and felt the need to express something other than sarcasm on bww! oh god that makes me so mad.

Can, can I have it?

gymdudeva
#37re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:05am

She must be a really good dancer!

I'm not surprised that the first to leave SA is one of the ensemble/understudies. It must be so hard to mostly just sit there and watch the show night after night after night....A friend of mine who is in the SA ensemble (and who I wont' name for obvious reasons) says he/she has struggled to stay awake some nights hahahhahah.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#38re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:19am

Congrats to Krysta! This seems to be coming out of nowhere. And I didn't know she could dance either. What an accomplishment...

jimnysf
#39re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:20am

So "Curly Sue" is leaving ACL?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#40re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:43am

Alisan Porter wasn't asked back.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MungoGypsy8232
#41re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:43am

I also thought she'd be the first to leave since she's so talented! I was just hoping she'd replace Leslie Kritzer. Still, Congrates to her!!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#42re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:19pm

That's amazing for her.
Krysta's definitely my favorite person in the entire cast of SPRING AWAKENING.

It's kind of sad to see her go so soon (most fans figured she'd be bumped up to SOMETHING when somebody left), but I guess I'm going to see A CHORUS LINE once she joins.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#43re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:27pm

Well, the best of luck for her. I think she's insanely beautiful.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#44re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:34pm

Krysta is young - and it's all about building her resume right now. So why not leave the company? She will always have on her resume that she was part of the original Broadway cast - and now she has the opportunity to play a leading role in a dance show. It's a great move.

Now how that girl will be able to pull off the line "So beautiful, I'll never live to see......."

Now THAT will be a challenge!

Updated On: 6/23/07 at 12:34 PM

Lauren_T
#45re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:54pm

EDIT Updated On: 6/23/07 at 12:54 PM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#46re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:23pm

Wanna Be, are you on crack? One person mentioned Grey Gardens in this thread before you posted your ludicrous rant. Believe it or not, some people just thought Becoz's comment was odd, because all swings are hard to replace, not just the SA swings. But I'm sure you'll ignore this fact and find some sort of conspiracy buried in my own post as well, despite the fact I've never seen or heard Grey Gardens beyond the Tony performance.

If anyone's temper tantrums are getting old, it's yours.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 02:23 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#47re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:38pm

Thank you skittles. I don't know what the point of your rant was Foster.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

jimnysf
#48re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:43pm

Who is she?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#49re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 6/23/07 at 2:45pm

Krysta is also doing another show in the spring.