pixeltracker

Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread.- Page 5

Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread.

Dollypop
#100re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:49am

I'm seeing this production for the second time tonight.

All hail LuPone!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#101re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:26pm

I'm still spinning from last night. I can't shake the euphoria!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#102re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:30pm

Video please!

"Wishes come true, not free..."

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#103re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:55pm

Echoing others sentiments, I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night and felt it an honor and priveldge to witness the show agian. Its my favorite broadway show and in my opinion, as perfect as a broadway show can get and this cast certainly lives up to it. I'm so excited that I'll be seeing it two more times before it closes. Viva Gypsy! Viva la Lupone!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Dark_Angel Profile Photo
Dark_Angel
#104re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 1:19pm

My friend Richard and his partner Devon went to see it last night and called me when they got out to tell me how amazing this production is. Richard literally had to drag Devon to see this because as a rule Devon HATES musicals. Richard tells me that LuPone managed to move Devon to tears!

I know am trying to switch some days off from work with some co-workers to at least make it up to New York for a couple of days so I can see this for myself.

In the meantime I'm living vicariously through all of your wonderful reviews.

BAbigApple
#105re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:17pm

Ok, maybe I'm a bit dim here... but everyone keeps mentioning opening night curtain call picts...

WHERE!?!??!?!??
: )

Tchi4Lif188
BAbigApple
#107re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 9:41pm

Thank you,thank you! : )

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#108re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 9:53pm

DarkAngel, I love your avatar! Benanti Gypsy! She's amazing re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#109re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 9:55pm

I wonder why they don't have the Opening Night pics still on the front page of BWW.

Maybe we'll have a second set of photos from Press Night...

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Tchi4Lif188
#110re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 9:56pm

I second the love for DarkAngel's avatar. And I hope there's more pictures coming!! AND maybe a video....(hint, hint).

I need this week to fly by so I can finally see this!

"Wishes come true, not free..."

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#111re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:26pm

Saw it yesterday. I still cannot form coherent sentences about it. It was phenomenal. I saw it at Ravinia and I never thought anything would surpass that. I was wrong, VERY wrong. Patti was spectacular. Nothing I can say does her perfomance justice.

I was chatting with the man behind me and had seen all the Roses and he said that Patti was the best he had ever seen.

When I was walking by the stage door before the show I saw Sondheim walk in. I didn't realize who it was until he had already started up the steps but I let out a "OH MY GOD IT'S SONDHEIM" and he turned around and smiled at me. I almost passed out. I also saw Patti's son & husband during the intermission.

I saw Victor Garber and Michael Cerveris at the stage door. I talked with Michael for a minute, he was so sweet.

What a night!

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!
Updated On: 7/13/07 at 11:26 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#112re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:38pm

DarkAngel--you MUST come. You MUST.

No questions.

Your are NOT missing this performance.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#113re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:30am

I also love the avatar, DarkAngel.

Your's too, logan.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#114re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:05am

Does anyone know how much the posters for sale cost?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Dollypop
#115re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:17am

Just got back from the Friday night show. It's even more incredible than it was on Monday night--lots of the little glitches have been worked out.

Visted with Boyd Gaines in his dressing room afterwards. He's truly a charming man. He explained why the rape scene was cut:

That scene is virtually a farce. Whe the set was shown to Arthur Laurents and it only has one door (remember this is a minimalist production), he realized that he couldn't stage the scene without real--and solid--dooors. Hence, he cut the scene.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#116re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:24am

I went again tonight as well after seeing the first preview on Monday - I can't put it/her into words - the whole thing is just thrilling to see.

And, I happen to grab the ticket last minute after work, and the first row of the rear mezz is great for $25.

C is for Company
#117re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:49am

I saw it tonight from the front row of the rear mezz. I will preface my words by saying that I have never seen/heard any Gypsy production before aside from the 2003 Revival Recording.

Patti, as some may know, is not really at the top of my preferred performers list. However seeing this I just recognized how historic this will be. I was blown away, in love with this book that I feared would be dated and let me down after all everyone has ALWAYS said about this piece, and not bored for a second. Even "Little Lamb" was an important piece to this cleverly crafted masterwork.

Patti exceeded anything I've ever watched, seen, or heard of her. I can go on with so many words of encouragement to convince anyone who is unsure about seeing this. And if only Sean Martin saw this, he may have to eat his words. Ask anyone, she has some tendencies that really irk me but every line, every number she sang was done with such a calculated meaning behind it. She truly took Mama and ran with it, I HOPE this gets recorded. Definitely the highlight of the season for me, EVEN more than Follies and that is saying something on my part!

Nancy Opel still has such an impeccable voice, Boyd was fantastic as was Laura, and the actress playing June had me in hysterics. I can't think of anything more to say about how great of an experience my first Gypsy encounter was.

Dollypop
#118re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:30am

According to Boyd, the reviews for GYPSY should be in today's papers, however there's nothing about the show in today's Newsday.

Updated On: 7/14/07 at 09:30 AM

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#119re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:36am

Turn on NY 1 - they're going to talk about Gypsy. I just heard Patti going "Curtain up! Light the lights!"

I need press reels, darn it. Where's our videos?

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#120re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:55am

Does anyone know how much the posters for sale cost?
$15

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

#121re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:26am

i just feel so lucky!
i cant stop smiling!!!!

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#122re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:53am

Norn, I am so excited to see your art of this!

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

#123re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:44pm

i think this production of GYPSY is so blessed because it shows the magic of forgiveness.

i mean, that if one person can budge, so much joy & happiness can come to so many people. Updated On: 7/15/07 at 02:44 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#124re: Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:51pm

I saw it last night. It. was. so. good.

A work of art is an invitation to love.