News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Xanadu Rush Tickets?

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#1Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:08am

Do they have them or do they have any kind of deals, SRO?

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#2re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:20am

Two hours before. Cash only. Whatever they have left. $26.25. No SRO.

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#2re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:21am

thanks

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#3re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:21am

No problem. Enjoy the show! re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?

sgweirdo
#4re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:26am

Ah thats funny.. cause I remember a little something like this happening:
Me: Do you have any rush tickets for tonight?
Box office guy: (rude) No
Me: That's ok! Do you have rush or student tickets in general?
Box office guy: No-- Can you please get off the line I need to serve the person behind you

Worst box office expirence ever.

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#5re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:28am

That sucks, but very hilarious.

sgweirdo
#6re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:30am

Ah I know! I was so nice too. More so then I usually am! It's funny cause after that I rushed 110 in the shade and I got to my seat -- and they had sold the same seat to someone else. Bad day at the box offices for me.
Hmm. I'm getting off topic..
I'll have to try xanadu again.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#7re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:31am

Huh. I had a good experience Rushing Xanadu. The man was very helpful and friendly.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:32am

Me too courtney. I just asked and the guy was like "Here you go. Enjoy!" Very friendly.

sgweirdo
#9re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:32am

Yeah-- I don't know. Something must have happend to whoever the guy was that day. He pretty much yelled at me.
Did you guys go early in previews? Updated On: 7/11/07 at 01:32 AM

and the mirror
#10re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 6:04am

I heard rush tickets are always onstage...true or is it just anything they have left in the theatre?

Also, if I got to the box office at around 5:30 (since they start selling at 6 for an 8PM show, I hear) would I still be able to get tickets?

Yankeefan007
#11re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:21am

Rush tickets start with the empty stage seats.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#12re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:36am

The gentleman with the black hair at the box office is VERY nice---- !

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:12am

.... what if you don't want to sit on stage? They should have the option, since some people don't feel comfortable with that. I know, beggars can't be choosers, but being uncomfortable with sitting ON the stage isn't really the same as being picky about having great seats when you sit in the house, IMO, since the reasoning is probably more valid than, "I wanna sit CLOSE!" or "I don't like these seats!"

A work of art is an invitation to love.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#14re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:29am

I'm assuming Rush is a better bet (at $26.25) over TKTS ($60)?

I really don't need the security of getting tickets for tonight as I can cruise by the box office on my way home from work any day this week, but it seems Rush is cheaper and quite possibly better seats.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 10:29 AM

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#15re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:34am

I don't think rush tickets are always onstage first. When I rushed I was with my grandma and the very helpful box office man asked whether we would prefer on stage or in the orchestra. I said I didn't have a preference so he gave us two seats front row orchestra on the side because he thought my grandma would be happier with those seats.
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 10:34 AM

broadwayjim42
#16re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:48am

Potentially stupid question--does this mean rush for matinees starts at noon?

I thought $41 was a great deal, but $26 is even better...and I do want to be onstage again. It really enhances the daffiness of it all.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#17re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:53am

yup. I'm heading there myself in a few minutes.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:21am

Do they actually check government issued ID too or just a valid student ID? (I ask because their thing up in the window has the age-ist assumption that students are all under 25.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#19re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:32am

This guy infront of me when I went and got rush for the matinee on the 7th was upset because he was a student but over 25 and a fight began between him and the box office guy, he kept saying "I have waited and was told I could get a ticket at student price! I'm a student!"

I just stood there in shock behind him.

Finally, the guy got fed up and sold it to him.
He left happy, leaving the ticket guy a bit perturbed

They do, indeed check student Ids, for the person who asked.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 11:32 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#20re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:35am

I guess I'll just suck up the extra $$ and save arguing.

Honestly. Students CAN be over 25. GRRR.

(Amazingly in spite of the thing about $25 tickets for under 25's at Moon which was listed on playbill.com but NOT on the info at the box office, they never checked a government ID for age, just a student ID for validation.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 11:35 AM

and the mirror
#21re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:37am

I'm glad to hear it isn't always onstage. I, too, am going with my grandmother. She would definitely NOT want to sit onstage. I figured I could make her put up with it, but I'd rather see it at least once from orchestra as well.

Also, by August, will rush lines be insane, or no since people will still be all over the Tony winners (i.e. Spring Awakening where people get there at 4:30 AM)? My plane lands in the city at around 2:30 PM and then I have to check in to my hotel and such...I could probably be at the theatre by 5:30ish. Will I be too late?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#22re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:39am

"I guess I'll just suck up the extra $$ and save arguing.

Honestly. Students CAN be over 25. GRRR. "

The guy got his ticket.

He did have a student ID, so it did count.
I think the "25 years old" thing is very age-ist.
It really should be for any student: no age, restriction [I mean within in reason]

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#23re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:44am

I may give it a shot. Everyone THINKS I'm under 25. Good genes. :)

We'll see and I'll report back. I definitely have a valid student ID and have the hours to prove I'm a full-time grad student (as well as a public school teacher, so that gives you a clue how broke I am!)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadwayjim42
#24re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:52am

I'm completely screwed, 46 and can pass for 36, but not 26.

Videos