pixeltracker

Broadway Stars that had debut as a child

Broadway Stars that had debut as a child

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#1 Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:44pm

Who do you think are some of the most talented actors (Broadway, tv, or film) that made their debut as a child on Broadway? Which child actors have you seen recently that you think have potential for a successful career?

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#2re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:45pm

Sarah Jessica Parker.

Laura Bell Bundy.

My brain has failed me yet again...

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#2re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:46pm

Anthony Rapp

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#3re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:47pm

I believe Richard H. Blake made his debut as a child. I don't know if you could call him a star though.

As far as child actors now are concerned, I think Harrison Chad has the potential for a successful career. He's always impressed me.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.
Updated On: 7/13/07 at 11:47 PM

ashley0139
#4re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:49pm

I see big potential in Kelsey Fowler. I'll definitely be rooting for her in the next few years.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:51pm

Lea Michele

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:51pm

Andrea McArdle

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#7re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:52pm

Foster beat me to it.

Didn't Sutton and Hunter Foster appear as two of the kids in Will Rogers Follies at one time or another?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#8re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:53pm

That kid from The Boy from Oz

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:53pm

Laura Bell Bundy didn't make her Broadway debut until HAIRSPRAY, just a few years ago.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:56pm

Hunter and Sutton weren't in WILL ROGERS FOLLIES. Hunter's debut was in CATS and Sutton's was in GREASE. They were in their 20s.

Edited for spelling.

-Kad

Updated On: 7/13/07 at 11:56 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#11re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:57pm

Well, LBB was in Ruthless as a child, but that was off-Broadway.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ashley0139
#12re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:02am

Sutton did the tour of Will Roger's Follies when she was 17. Not Broadway though.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#13re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:03am

Thanks, Ashley. I was just about to post that.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:07am

I wouldn't exactly call Daisy Eagan a Broadway star (she is a Tony winner though), but she was a child when she made her Broadway debut, and then she won her Tony for her second Broadway show, at age 11.

-Kad

Updated On: 7/14/07 at 12:07 AM

JB Fan
#15re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:11am

as a kid on Broadway:
Christian Slater

on National Tours as kids:

Bernadette Peters (Gypsy)
Jane Krakowski (The Sound of Music...I think, not 100% certain, but she was under 21 when she did Starlight Express on Broadway.)

Annie kids besides Sarah Jessica Parker (some on tours/ not Broadway):

Molly Ringwald
Alyssa Milano
Allison Smith

as teens on Broadway:

Matthew Broderick
Cynthia Nixon
Fisher Stevens
Michael Rupert

And off-Broadway Laura Bell Bundy's understudies in Ruthless were:

Natalie Portman & Britney Spears (we all know that, right?)

JB Fan
#16re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:21am

And for all of the fans of the Jersey Boys tours:

Rick Faugno & Erich Bergen were kids on Broadway, and Jarrod Spector was a Gavroche in Les Miserables (not sure if it was Broadway or one of the Tours).

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#17re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:36am

Donna Vivino

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FeelingElectric
#18re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 6:14am

Sarah Litzsinger, in the musical Marilyn (1983).

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

Parks
#19re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 6:44am

Molly Ringwald played Annie at some time? Craaazy. I wonder how she was.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

JB Fan
#20re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 7:30am

"Annie kids", actually refers to kis who were in Annie not who played the title role specifically. Molly Ringwald I think was an orphan, never an Annie (I could be wrong). I think she was cast in the first season of The Facts of Life shortly after her stint in Annie. And she was never in the Broadway company...it was one of the tours.

and the mirror
#21re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 7:39am

Not sure if you consider these people "Broadway Stars" but both made their Broadway debut in Les Mis as children:
Jason Tam
Gerard Canonico (is he still considered a kid? He's 18, I think.)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#22re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:31am

Jane Krakowski was never in THE SOUND OF MUSIC on Broadway, not sure if you meant tour. She did do a production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Off-Broadway at the York Theatre Company and played Fredericka.
She would have made her Broadway debut at 12 in NINE when Tommy Tune wanted her for Lady of the Spa since the role was conceived for a young girl, then he scrapped that concept and so she wasn't part of the show anymore, luckily Tune remembered her a few years later when he was casting GRAND HOTEL.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#23re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:40am

Liza Minnelli was 17 in Flora the Red Menace.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#24re: Broadway Stars that had debut as a child
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:41am

I thought she was 19?