pixeltracker

Shrek Workshop Cast Announced- Page 3

Shrek Workshop Cast Announced

NathanLaneStalker
#50re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:57am

Wow. That guy was not funny at all. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing.

I don't understand all of the Celia hate...

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#51re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:04am

After watching Glickman's stand-up comedy, I hope even more so than before that they go with someone else for Shrek in the actual full scale production (both Dan Fogler and Kevin Chamberlin, previously reported to be the front runners for the role, were unavailable for this workshop.)

While I'm still not sure how this film will translate to the stage, they sure have an impressive creative team lined up.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#52re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:10am

Oh my, those stand up clips were awful.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#53re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:13am

Honestly, I can't think of anyone more suitable for the title role than Dan Fogler. Fogler, Sutton Foster, and Christopher Sieber with Tesori's music would get me to see this.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

NathanLaneStalker
#54re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:35am

Fogler would be good. I can't see Chamberlin in the role. He always plays the big teddy bear types. I can't imagine him stomping around on stage screaming. That might be just me.

I can KINDA see Sutton in the role...I'd rather them get someone else though...not sure who, though.

I really wish they would get Brian d'Arcy James as Farquad.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

friedrichVT
#55re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 11:33am

They are insistant about having a soaring tenor rock voice for the role, Dan and Kevin dont possess that.Stephen Glickman does. Kevin is also too old for the role.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#56re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 11:38am

Glickman is a rock tenor? Are there any clips of him singing? His comedy just sounds like ranting, screeching...

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#57re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 11:39am

While the sho is a bad idea...does Sutton really need another leading role after Millie, Jo, Janet, and Inga? I really would liike Annelise Van Der Pol or even Ashley Brown as Fiona, not so much Sutton.

I love Celia, but I don't see her as Fiona...

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

FosseForever3 Profile Photo
FosseForever3
#58re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:50pm

Sieber is brilliant. Such a sweetheart, and so great for this role.

Congratulations to Celia...although if these Sutton rumors are true, I would definately pay money to see Shrek on Broadway.

"Now she wants to know WHY, if I'm so fabulous, I would WANT to take care of her child.....I answer with as much filigree and insouciance as I can muster, trying to slightly cock my head like Snow White listening to the animals. She, in turn, is aiming for more of a Diane-Sawyer-pose, looking for answers which will confirm that I am not there to steal her husband, jewelry, friends, or child. In that order." The Nanny Diaries

nymommy
#59re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:37pm

Saw the workshop,and it is very funny. Glickman has a terrific voice and did a great job. Yes, Sutton is doing Fiona. Celia did a good job, but Sutton is perfect for the role. The magic will come in the special effects and I can't wait to see what Jason Moore does to make this work. I laughed so hard in places. Farquad (Chris Sieber) was a riot!! Bobby Daye was wonderful as Donkey. And all the Fairy Tale characters were A-One. This is going to be a terrific show.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#60re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:42pm

I didn't know there was a limit as to how many leading roles an actress could play. If Sutton keeps getting hired there must be a reason.
Ashley Brown couldn't be more wrong for the part. Actually, they need to cast someone who is the complete opposite of Brown because the whole point of Fiona is that she is the anti-princess. Foster knows how to be goofy, gawky, and she's great at poking fun of herself (her "Show Off" was a riot), she knows how to edgy comedy unlike Brown. I for one I'm quite glad she's playing Fiona.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

neddyfrank2
#61re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:06pm

What was the music like?

When is this slated to open on Broadway?

Hariku
#62re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:54pm

What role did Brian Johnson (Spring Awakening)play?

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#63re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:59pm

Who portrayed the assorted fairy tale creatures?

nymommy
#64re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 6:03pm

Bryan was one of the three little pigs and other characters, and the music is a mix of pop rock and legit broadway. Love the music.
Other fairly tale characters were Haven Burton, Josh grisetti, Jason Kravitz, Mark Lotito, Rachel Stern among others, all of them great and very funny.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#65re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/12/07 at 7:12pm

I couldn't agree more ray, Sutton seems ideal to me, Celia seems a good fit too. I do have to say Anneliese while maybe not the first to come to mind wouldn't be too bad either, she's the best part of That's So Raven anytime I have happened to watch it, plus he performance in Beauty was fantastic, although Belle and Finoa are two totally different characters. I love Ashley Brown but I also do not see her fitting in this role.

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

RockabyeHamlet
#66re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/13/07 at 12:32pm

I think Celia is a much better fit for Mary in Saved then Fiona. I am thrilled that they are likely going to cast Sutton. She is a much more natural fit for the role.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

JustABroadwaybaby2
#67re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 8/13/07 at 12:52pm

I like both Sutton and Celia, and think either one of them will be great, I'm more worried about the design and costumes of the show. Were there any set pieces at the reading? Did they look good? Also, did Shrek have an accent?
Thanks!

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 12:52 PM

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#68re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 2/16/08 at 6:17pm

Now that Sutton has accepted the role, does anybody know when she will be leaving YF?

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#69re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 2/16/08 at 6:26pm

WTF.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#70re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 2/16/08 at 6:53pm

I would kill for a demo recording.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#71re: Shrek Workshop Cast Announced
Posted: 2/16/08 at 6:55pm

She's leaving in July.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler