Legally Blonde Tour

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 10:42pm

Is there going to be one? Whats the deal with it? If so when?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:08pm

I believe the 1st Nat'l Tour closed in either May or June 2007. I think another tour is heading out at the start of the year but it is going to be Non-Equity.

Jennifer Cody was Elle in the 1st Nat'l Tour, which was a refreshingly different take on the role.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#2re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:10pm

Probably by next Summer. A summer outdoor theatre where I live that has broadway tour shows come through had Legally Blonde as a choice of shows for next year's season on a survey.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#3re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:11pm

Last season when I saw the RENT tour, the program they gave us said that our venue was hoping to book the "projected Legally Blonde tour in the coming seasons". How reliable that information is, I do not know...
That's the best I can give you though. Hope it helps!

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

neddyfrank2
#4re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:13pm

Kathleen Turner is rumored to be playing Elle in the next National Tour.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#5re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/17/07 at 11:18pm

I bet it will launch Summer '08 once the ticket sales die down from the MTV deal.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#6re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 3:03am

Wait...It already had a national tour???

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

henryt
#7re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 8:05am

wicked91, why would they wait for the ticket sales driven by MTV to die down? If I were them, I would start selling tickets to it ASAP, so that the tour will have the same boost.

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#8re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 8:21am

"Wait...It already had a national tour???"

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

It wasn't really a "national tour", they just took the sets, costumes and much of the cast from the original London production and played a few North American venues.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#9re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 10:34am

And now there is a LOT of talk that its coming to London wooh wooh

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#10re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 11:27am

The Booking Group has Legally Blonde listed as "Available in '08-'09 for Full & Multiple Week Engagements"

http://www.thebookinggroup.com/ourshows.html

The tour will most likely start next fall.

"there are people in our lives who change us in a way that nobody else can, and it's not necessarily the people you expect," Menzel

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#11re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 4:40pm

I live in Rochester, NY and our local organization that books shows announced it as coming here in the 08-09 season.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#12re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 5:04pm

The Legally Blonde official fan page has a page for the tour but it is "coming soon".

metoog Profile Photo
metoog
#13re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 5:47pm

BrdwyThtr - What organization is that? RBTL? I work with RBTL selling group tickets and I have heard nothing yet.

"there are people in our lives who change us in a way that nobody else can, and it's not necessarily the people you expect," Menzel

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#14re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 7:30pm

Yeah, RBTL. I went on their website last week and there was a bulletin saying they were pleased to announce it as part of their 08-09 season and reminding people to watch the MTV broadcast.

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#15re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 10/18/07 at 7:50pm

I would say this summer/fall for a tour to start.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

matguy70
#16re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:01pm

It is official... LEGALLY BLOND will open January / February 2009 in St. Louis.

St. Louis is one of the top theatre audience sales/attendance in the country and has a great theatre district and is home to the Fox Associates who produce many Broadway Musicals - such as Legally Blonde. St. Louis was one of the first cities for Wicked to play in and has returned there I believe three times already. Wicked shattered all time (any show/any year) box office tour sales in St. Louis the first year it played there.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#17re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:10pm

Yay St. Louis! I'm looking so forward to seeing this at the Fox!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

broadwayboy1017
#18re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:15pm

any chance it will come to boston?

does anyone know which shows are coming to boston in the 08-09 season?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#19re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:18pm

None that I know of have been announced.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#20re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:20pm

A very recent breakdown has it as a union tour.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

stageishome
#21re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:21pm

The tour is playing Dayton, Ohio June 16-21, 2009.

FosseBoi
#22re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:23pm

I think its going to be in Atlanta's next season too.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

#23re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:46am

It's also scheduled to show in Philadelphia

Ceej
#24re: Legally Blonde Tour
Posted: 3/18/08 at 3:50pm

LB will be part of the TUTS season here in Houston next year - Feb. 10 - 22, 2009

Videos