pixeltracker

Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...- Page 2

Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...

henryt
#25re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:14pm

I already made it my homepage!!

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#26re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:33pm

yes, thankyou for posting that website xM3L24x!! I'll definitely be using it as much as possible now :)

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#27re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:39pm

How does it usually work? IF there was no strike? Do the shows give money or something?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:45pm

Are you serious?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#29re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 4:02pm

ucjrdude- this is what the whole issue is about! Because of the strike, BC/EFA is losing money due to 27 shows not being able to promote donations to the charity and offering items to sell to the audience members

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#30re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 4:58pm

This is quite sad. It didn't hit me how much BC/EFA was losing until I saw The Ritz yesterday and they mentioned it at their curtain call speech. I wish I had more money to give! Damn being a poor college student. I've given what I can though.

~Steven

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#31re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/22/07 at 5:51pm

ucjrdude902, this time of year, each Broadway show collects money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. They generally do this by making a post-curtain speech after each performance describing the charity and asking for donations. Cast members stand near the doors as audience members leave taking cash donations. Most shows also sell special items, such as signed posters, photographs, or Christmas ornaments to raise money beyond the regular, nightly collection. Each year there is a friendly competition to see which show can raise the most money with the winner being announced at the Gypsy of the Year Event. Due to the work stoppage, the nightly collections and sales at the darkened shows are not occurring with the charity losing about $350,000.00 a week in donations.
GYPSY OF THE YEAR Online Fundraising

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#32re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 8:16am

Bump - because this is just too important. re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...

Go Curtains!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#33re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 4:09pm

I tried to do the good search thing but it wants alot of info i dont know!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#34re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 4:15pm

Why am I not surprised?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#35re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 5:48pm

ucjrdude, if you go to the BCEFA web site, it explains everything they do and how they collect funds. The web site is easy to navigate and while you're there - check out the store! re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...

iluvcioffiiluvtea Profile Photo
iluvcioffiiluvtea
#36re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 6:43pm

I asked one of my teachers if he could get the ninth Carols for a Cure CD and he told me that he will try to get it for me the next time he goes to New York City. He asked me where he could get it at, and I told him at the theater. But I'll have to wait until the theaters open back up, when the strike comes to an end. I asked him just yesterday.

R.I.P. Laurann 1987-2005

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#37re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 6:56pm

Hi iluvcioffi - Why don't you just order it from the BC/EFA web site? You'd certainly get it faster that way.

iluvcioffiiluvtea
#38re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 7:01pm

But I can't order it myself, cause I'm on SSI and he should get it for me...wait, I'll probably ask my teacher to get it for me online.

R.I.P. Laurann 1987-2005

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#39re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 7:05pm

I have already missed two performances since the strike began so I contributed online what I would have been contributing at those performances. If (God forbid) the strike continues and the rest of my tickets also evaporate, I will continue to send in what I would have put in when they passed the hat. A shame such a good organization is treated as "collateral damage."

iluvcioffiiluvtea
#40re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 7:14pm

I just got off the phone with my teacher, and he told me that he could get the ninth Carols for a Cure CD. I'm excited about getting it. I'll probably get it for Christmas. I'm also getting the eighth Carols for a Cure CD for Christmas, too.

R.I.P. Laurann 1987-2005

bardolator
#41re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/23/07 at 7:35pm

Maybe it would send a message to both sides of the strike if a few regular theatre-goers would donate the amount of one of their unused tickets, and say so. It might not, but at least it would accomplish some good in the process.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#42re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/25/07 at 9:48am

Bump. Good morning all. re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#43re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/25/07 at 1:53pm

Cioffi, why don't you just buy it yourself?

Bump.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#44re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 11/25/07 at 6:21pm

Thanks for posting about goodsearch.com. I used it all day today for BC/EFA.

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#45re: Guys, PLEASE go support BC/EFA if you can...I almost cried...
Posted: 12/13/07 at 6:55pm

Thought I would tack this on to this thread. Just got an e-mail from Accu radio. For the next 3 weeks they are donating a 1.00 to charity for every new listner. BCEFA is one of the charities.

Just give the world Love.