Taping The Little Mermaid

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#1Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:07pm

Wednesday night, in my Showbill for Mary Poppins, there was an insert regarding The Little Mermaid. My initial reaction was "Great, Disney's advertising their own shows..." But, when I read the insert, I was surprised further. Here's what it said:

Your chance for a live sneak peek!
Join us for the taping of a live TV show!
We invite you and your guests to be a part of this exciting behind-the-scenes experience!
See scenes from Disney's new Broadway musical The Little Mermaid to be used for a national television program.

What do you think this "national television program" is? Is this playing off of what Legally Blonde did? I'm very curious... Any insight?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:11pm

My guess is that there is going to be some kind of special airing right around the show's opening on either ABC or the Disney Channel. They want to film "scenes" from the show with a live audience. I would imagine they'll do a couple of numbers, probably Under the Sea, and maybe Part of Your World.

This is jusy my hunch, remember...
Updated On: 12/21/07 at 01:11 PM

yankee_fan907
#2re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:17pm

They must be taping more than that. It gives the time further on in the insert as 12:30 to 3:00. They would have tons of time to tape a lot...

Rotel1026
#3re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:18pm

It would be cutting it pretty close but maybe they are going to have something for the annual Disney Christmas Parade?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:22pm

It's just a couple of numbers for a promotional appearance -- not the whole show.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 12/21/07 at 01:22 PM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#5re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:23pm

What day are they taping?

I was thinking a sneak peek to be shown during Disney's Christmas Parade. But that might be cutting it real close.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#6re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:24pm

oops Rotel.

I should always read the thread before posting.

But, thats what I was thinking too.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

yankee_fan907
#7re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:24pm

The taping is taking place right now actually...

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#8re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:26pm

yankee_fan907 ~ Actually 2.5 hours would probably be about right for them to do a couple of numbers. They'll probably want a few takes and angles to choose from. A lot of things tape for longer than they actually air when they're on tv.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#9re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 3:10pm

I'm 100% pretty sure it's for Disney's Christmas Day Parade, which isn't much of a parade but an hour or two long commercial for the Disney Company. They show new and old attractions at all the parks, clips of Disney on Ice and Broadway, new and upcoming Disney films then they show what little they can of the parade.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#10re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 3:20pm

I'm pretty sure it's for "Good Morning America"

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

im_not_a_guppy
#11re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 4:02pm

that would be so cool if they filmed it all like Legally Blonde, and aired it on like ABC or Disney Channel, but that probably not the case.

" I just want to go home and watch that show about midgets and eat a block of cheese!" Liz Lemon- 30 Rock

gypsy4
#12re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 5:44pm

I don't think disney would plan on taping and airing the whole show this early in its run think of it as common sense wouldn't there be a press release or something i'm pretty sure this is for the parade.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#13re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 7:19pm

What's channel is the parade on?

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#14re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 7:38pm

ABC on Christmas Morning I think it starts 9am (central)

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#15re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 9:32pm

I am 100% sure that this was taped for Good Morning America. They were doing "Part Of Your World" and "Under The Sea". I'm not sure when it airs though.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#16re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:03pm

Well... Given that Good Morning America is on ABC as is the Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade, I think it's possible that both theories could be right. Especially as the parade seems to usually be an extension of GMA.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#17re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:31pm

^Ah, that could be true. The memo I got said Good Morning America, but I suppose it could be a joint thing. Thanks! :)

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Rotel1026
#18re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:45pm

Why would they film it inside the theater for Good Morning America instead of just having them do a performance in the studio?

roadmixer
#19re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/22/07 at 1:37am

Because TV studio versions of Broadway shows suck.

bwayboy310
#20re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/23/07 at 1:46am

Remember the behind-the scenes special when Beauty first opened?

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#21re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/25/07 at 1:53pm

Well it wasn't for the parade. They had one mini add for the show, but no performances.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#22re: Taping The Little Mermaid
Posted: 12/25/07 at 2:07pm

"Remember the behind-the scenes special when Beauty first opened?"

Is it on YouTube?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Videos