Haven Burton as Elle?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:46pm

anyone have any idea when she is going to go on?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:47pm

Sometime in March I hear.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:51pm

why so late?..she has been with the show since oct? (?)..she should be prepared by now

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#3re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:58pm

"why so late?..she has been with the show since oct? (?)..she should be prepared by now "

Well, she does play Margot, so, she's not just sitting in the wings, plus whenever Laura has been out, Becky has been with the show longer and knows the track well, and has gotten very good notices when she has gone on, so, I think its just a matter of time. But cheer up, if your a HavenElle! fan, My NoahEmmett! dream true, so will yours. :)

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#4re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:09pm

i've never actually seen legally blonde..i'm just curious about haven b/c i saw her in rent and really liked her

SporkGoddess
#5re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:17pm

Wow, she's pretty. I think that if she played Elle, it would be the first time I'd buy her being highly attractive.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#6re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:43pm

I am REALLY interested to see her as Elle, and I'm going back to New York during Spring Break, so hopefully i'll get to see her! I'd also like to see all of Beckys Elle.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#7re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:51pm

She has a really great voice, hope she does well.

CurtainPullDowner
#8re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:52pm

The role of "Little Miss Woods,comma Elle" is huge.
It drives the whole show, they cast understudies on voice first, but there is a lot of dancing. timing and especially costuming involved.
Becky is a terrific cover, so they can take their time and get Haven ready.
It's always great to see new talent get the chance to shine.
Go Elle, number three!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#9re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:00pm

i'm confused. so she's laura bell's replacement? or has she chosen to be an elle understudy?

henryt
#10re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:19pm

I was underwhelmed when I saw her as Margo. Maybe it was an off performance (it was a matinee, so she could have been holding back), but she seemed to just suck the energy out of the role. Margo, and to a greater extent Elle, is a perky role. Having her play Elle just makes me nervous.
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 11:19 PM

CurtainPullDowner
#11re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:22pm

She plays Margo, which is also an Elle understudy track.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#12re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:42pm

Yeah, I saw the matinee and her Margo was lacking alot of energy, which makes me wonder if she could handle the role.

CurtainPullDowner
#13re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:47pm

It's not an excuse, because your primary job should be your focus, but Haven has been doing the workshop of SHREK as GINGY also.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#14re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:54pm

I don't know if she's the only understudy so I'm not sure if she'll be in all these shows but this is from a bulletin Laura Bell Bundy posted on myspace....

"I will be on vacation from Legally Blonde on Jan. 25th - 27th and from Feb. 27th - March 2nd."

outdamnwench
#15re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:59pm

"Go Elle, number three!"

Haven will be #4. Annaleigh Ashford went on a grand total of once before leaving for Wicked.

CurtainPullDowner
#16re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:02am

My Bad

Go Elle number four!

pink_the_color Profile Photo
pink_the_color
#17re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:09am

What LBB's myspace? I just found fan run ones.

bestfreakinshoes
#18re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:14am

In the LB understudies thread (it's probably on page 2 or 3 by now), someone said Becky would be going on as Elle while Laura is out. (And go Laura for taking a break. She deserves it.)

Her myspace is LauraBell.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#19re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/9/08 at 4:03pm

I have not seen LB, but I saw Haven as Mark's Mom and Maureen in RENT quite a few times back when the Benny Tour was around. Energy was never something Haven was lacking. She is a great performer with a fantastic voice. Seeing her play Elle is the only reason I would actually go see the show.

Craww
#20re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/9/08 at 4:30pm

I saw Haven in the ensemble and as Maureen in Rent. I really enjoyed her Maureen, but energy (and appearing to give a damn) is something she's lacked (to varying degrees) every time I've seen her on stage.

I'm sure she's doing better in LB because it's a new show, with a more prominent role. But if she's the type to let her lack of enthusiasm show (and she definitely is) then I don't see her keeping the energy up at LB for very long.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#21re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:33pm

The producers of SHREK have been casting for the full scale run of the show.

Any word on if Burton will be moving forward with it?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#22re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:55pm

on the broadwayunderstudies.com it says becky gulsvig will be in the role as elle woods in legally blonde from jan 25th-27th. haven was awesome as margot.

Boq101
#23re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:00pm

haven as gingy would be AMAZING, omfg

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#24re: Haven Burton as Elle?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:11am

I would love to see Haven performing the role sometime!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Videos