pixeltracker

XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast Recd.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#1XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast Recd.
Posted: 1/17/08 at 3:39pm

H-U-Z-Z-A-H !!! NO. 3

https://www.playbill.com/news/article/114357.html
(from playbill)

The original Broadway cast recording of Xanadu has re-entered the Billboard Top Cast Album chart at No. 3, behind steady toppers Wicked and Jersey Boys.

The PS Classics Xanadu CD had debuted on the Dec. 20, 2007 chart (at No. 10), solely from pre-sales on the company's website and in the Helen Hayes Theatre lobby. The album — featuring Kerry Butler, Cheyenne Jackson, Tony Roberts, Mary Testa, Jackie Hoffman, Curtis Holbrook, Anika Larsen, Kenita Miller and Andre Ward — officially hit stores Jan. 8.

What's next? Tony nominations???

Updated On: 1/17/08 at 03:39 PM

Ed_Mottershead
#2re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast recordi
Posted: 1/17/08 at 3:41pm

I said this on the other board, but YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!

BroadwayEd

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/17/08 at 3:50pm

Well...word-of-mouth on this one is going pretty good, at least on my end. I know 3 people who don't care for Broadway but went loopy when they heard it in my car and went out and bought it.

I have it permanently in the cd player in my main car and its also on my iPhone, so the cast recording is ALWAYS with me.

LOVE. IT!

broadwayjim42
#3re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/17/08 at 3:55pm

Posted it elsewhere too, but I wonder if or where it landed on the big chart (Top 200)....Jersey Boys hangs around 120 most of the time and Wicked's so old now that it's over on the Catalog Chart, often in the Top 10.

In any case, a Top 200 placing would means sales of at least 3,000 to 4,000 (it used to mean 5,000 or more but sales overall are in the crapper)...and depending on where it landed, another thousand or two more.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#5re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/17/08 at 8:08pm

Sweet. I love this CD, and my two little sister's can't get enough.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

SweetSoprano
#6re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/17/08 at 8:10pm

My little cousin LOVES it. She's 10 and she knows all the words to "I'm Alive:. It's adorable. Of course, I love it too!

You're that little girl with her wings unfurled, flying again. Back in your backyard dancing...I found a way back to then. - [title of show]

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/17/08 at 11:51pm

Good for them! I love listening to it!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#8re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 12:20am

I wonder if it had no prior-to-rlelase internet sales if it would have come in at no. 1.

....but the world goes 'round

#9re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 6:42am

i cant get enough of EVIL WOMAN and SUSPENDED IN TIME!!!!

i love all of it but those two i listn to OVER & OVER!!!!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#10re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 4:36pm

Well, not to burst your bubble, but it really isn't all that difficult to chart on the Cast Recording chart. I mean four CRs have stayed toward the top for the full 107 weeks since the charts inception.

Good for them for selling well, but charting on this chart isn't exactly a monumental achievement.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

broadwayjim42
#11re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 4:44pm

I know making the cast chart isn't difficult, but the CD also cracked the overall Top 200 album charts, albeit at 197. THAT"S the accomplishment.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#12re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:04pm

LOVE this OBCR.....alson on my IPhone, we almost fight to see whose car the cd stays in!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Ed_Mottershead
#13re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:16pm

Why not have one for each car? Then everyone would be in heavenly bliss ALL the time!

BroadwayEd

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/18/08 at 8:05pm

Decca should have recorded Xanadu. I adore PS Classics, but Decca has better and bigger distribution.

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#15re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/28/08 at 12:02am

OMG! I just bought the CD today and love it! I really like the CD booklet, all the pages are fully colored with pictures, it really is a mini souvenir program almost.

I'm enjoying listening to it! Can't wait to see it this summer!

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Anddou
#16re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/28/08 at 6:39am

And CZECH REVIEW of "XANADU" cast recording on my musical website will be released this week !! Do you want to translate it to English??
Updated On: 1/28/08 at 06:39 AM

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#17re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/30/08 at 12:59pm

I bought the cast recording the other night and it's amazing! I have a question for the Fanadus (or anyone else that might know).

During "Don't Walk Away," at about 2:20, who sings "All you gotta do is stay..."? I like their voice!

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 1/30/08 at 12:59 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#18re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/30/08 at 1:13pm

at 2:20 on CD or 1:18-14 on iTunes (reverse) counter...

that's Jackie Hoffman.. making a funny voice!

J*
Updated On: 1/30/08 at 01:13 PM

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#19re: XANADU OBCR (now that's in store ) hits NO. 3 on Billboard Top Cast rec
Posted: 1/30/08 at 1:18pm

"that's Jackie Hoffman.. making a funny voice!"

*blushes* Oh... hehe...thanks though!

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

Videos