"Ever After"

Harpz2006
#1"Ever After"
Posted: 1/28/08 at 2:30pm

Does anyone know any details about the musical version of "Ever After" that is in the works?

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#2re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 2:43pm

All I know is that Heisler and Goldrich rule and that "Far Away" is great.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#2re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 5:21pm

There is a reading going on now

degrassifan
#3re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 6:15pm

I have been following "Ever After" since it was announced back in July 2005. The movie is my second favorite movie. I've done personal research on the project since December 2006, and I've came up with lots & lots of answers. It's not coming out till Spring 2009, with an out of town tryout this Fall in San Francisco.

If anyone has any other info about this production, please do tell. Thanks.

Updated On: 1/29/08 at 06:15 PM

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#4re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 6:45pm

Celia Keenan-Bolger will be performing the lead role of Danielle in the next reading. Jenn Gambatese played the role in the last reading.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 6:55pm

Songsstresss, Elena Shaddow actually played Danielle in the last reading. Gambatese was involved prior to her.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

degrassifan
#6re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 7:47pm

I know Elena Shaddow played Danielle in the last reading, but when was it announced that Celia Keenan-Bolger will be playing Danielle in the next reading? When is the next reading?

theatergeek2
#7re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 10:49pm

I think Celia is inspired casting.

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#8re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 11:12pm

Totally didn't hear about the one with Elena Shaddow. My bad! But the Celia thing is for sure. Updated On: 1/28/08 at 11:12 PM

degrassifan
#9re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 11:30pm

So, is Celia def. playing Danielle? Or is it just for an upcoming reading?

Trap-Door Lover Profile Photo
Trap-Door Lover
#10re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/28/08 at 11:38pm

I'm excited for this! It's a beautiful movie.

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#11re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 2:55am

I don't think the role is cast. Elena Shaddow did the last reading, but I think she had a baby since then (I'm not saying that's why she isn't doing this reading cause I really don't know the answer). I'm sure if Celia is amazing at this reading, she'll be the front runner for the role, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a full round of agent calls before the actual out of town run no matter how well she does.

Producers like to see all their options when they're spending $10M+.

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

bwayboy310
#12re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 3:21am

Who knows? Many people were set for Kerry Butler as Ariel. But, for Disney, apparently, she didn't really seem to be an option...even before Xanadu.
Not that I don't love Sierra Boggess.

I <3 them, both!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#13re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 3:33am

I would prefer Anne Hathaway or Erin Davie over Keenan-Bolger. Anyone but Jenn Gambatese though! Talk about bland.
What actresses have played the Anjelica Houston role in the readings?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#14re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 6:01am

I heard that the reading started yesterday

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#15re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 6:40am

no way! i'm so excited, I love this movie and it would be such a beautiful production.

Yankeefan007
#16re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 6:51am

"Who knows? Many people were set for Kerry Butler as Ariel. But, for Disney, apparently, she didn't really seem to be an option...even before Xanadu.
Not that I don't love Sierra Boggess."

Kerry Butler's also pushing 40.

chrysler99 Profile Photo
chrysler99
#17re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:53am

I've heard about a reading going on in about 2 weeks. multiple readings?

degrassifan
#18re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 8:53am

I know Jan Maxwell played Baroness Rodmilla de Ghent (the stepmother, aka Anjelica Huston's role in the movie) in the reading with Elena Shaddow, and I heard she was really good.

Also, Max Von Essen played Prince Henry in that reading too.

I'm excited for this too. I've read & heard nothing but good things about the production.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#19re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:24am

I remember going to Tarzan and at the stage door someone asked Jenn about Ever After, and she said that ship has sailed, but she said it was wonderfully beautiful project that she was glad to be apart of.

I wish she had done it. I know she's in Is He Dead, but I miss her singing. re: 'Ever After'

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

massofmen
#20re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:27am

how many readings does a show do before a workshop is ready? It seems like this show has done 3-4 readings.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#21re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:29am

I like Jenn Gambatese better than Celia Keenan-Bolger. I'm not a huge fan of Celia Keenan-Bolger anyway. Does anyone see Erin Davie as Marguerite (the prettier of the 2 stepsisters)? I could see it-it's a good role.
Jan Maxwell as the stepmother is a pretty good choice.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Harpz2006
#22re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 12:06pm

I know Natalie Weiss is in the current reading- no idea which part she's playing, though.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#23re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 12:40pm

There's a reading next week.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#24re: 'Ever After'
Posted: 1/29/08 at 3:07pm

Jan Maxwell is perfect for the Anjelica Houston role, though it is about time someone lets her carry her own show. She is too talented.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"