pixeltracker

Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch

Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#1Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:23am

Every time i go to book tickets for Rent in August I only ever get offered right orchestra at top price in rows D or E. Does this mean all the centre seats are gone? How do you get the centre seats.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:24am

The only way to get center seats is by selecting premium tickets.

Either pay premium prices now, or wait until the day of the performance when all the premium seats are released for regular price.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#2re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:34am

Really? Wow, had no idea all centre seats were at the premium prices. Can't wait until nearer the time either because we are coming from the UK and want to get all the tickets sorted - especially for Rent since its so close to the closing date (Thought we wern't going to get until it announced it was extending).

Looks like we will go for the side orchestra then. Is the view from the sides good in the Nederlander theatre?

Edit - Also would you reccomend front mez over side orchestra? Updated On: 3/29/08 at 06:34 AM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 7:04am

I've never sat in the Mezzanine, but I did sit in the Left Orchestra, Seat 9 (fifth seat off the aisle) the last time I saw RENT and I had a perfect view.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#4re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 7:27am

This is probably due to the fact that it is near the closing date ! I had no problem getting 3rd row center orch seats at a DISCOUNT for April, booking them only a couple of months before !!!

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#5re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 8:32am

Ok, thanks guys. Can get Row AA centre mezz for top price and thinking of going for these. Has anyone sat here before? Is there any restriction with it being first row?

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#6re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 9:06am

The view from the Front Mezz is not bad...I actually perfer it because you see the whole show...I have also sat as close as row B and when i sat there my eyes were going all over the place bc i wanted to see everything...When i sat in the Front Mezz I didn't have that problem because I could see the whole stage :)

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#7re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 10:51am

Thats great, thanks very much PlayhouseBeauty. Gonna book the front mez tickets re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#8re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 10:59am

I've sat first row of the mezz, almost dead centre, and it was perfect for me...but the man next to me, who wasn't all THAT tall, practically had his knees up under his chin. There wasn't a lot of leg room there! (This was 2005 though...so no idea if they've changed that because I seem to recall a refurb a few weeks after we went)

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#9re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 11:43am

Your Welcome Mark...Also when I sat in the Mezz I dont remember a problem with leg room at all...We even had a really tall guy with us and he was comfortable in the seats...We just went last summer so there could have been a refurb since 2005

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#10re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 12:02pm

Thats good to know since me and my dad are both 6 ft tall.

I really can't wait to see it now, will be the first time and probably one of the only times that I will ever buy top price tickets for a show. Saw the show in London and loved it but obviously the original version is what I have wanted to see for years.

george95
#11re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 12:46pm

The front mezz is definitely better than the side orch. You can see the whole "picture". Last time I saw it, I sat in the 3rd row of the side orch and Seasons of Love was totally lost because one of my favorite parts of that songs is the lighting, and I couldnt get the effect of the lightin from being all the way over on the side.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#12re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:56pm

I sat second row center mezz. The few was beautiful. But it was nice to be up a row from the first row, because there was a bar there....I'm sure you're going to be fine there.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

lstbutifulgrl2
#13re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 7:17pm

as long as you are not too far left there really isn't a bad seat in the nederlander. i've sat all over, from lottery to rear mezz and even the partial views. the partial views aren't bad, especially on the right, you don't miss much.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

dramagirl487
#14re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 3/29/08 at 11:18pm

i had aisle side rear orchestra O which was MUCH better than center orchestra J

I also had Mezz row D or E which was AMAZING as well. i remember there being a bar in Mezz row A that i thought would bother me (i'm very short) but there was a young girl there and she was leaning but seemed to see fine. if youre tall i'm sure the bar won't bother you

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#16re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:31pm

Typically, not all center orchestra seats are sold as premium seats. Premium seats are usually in the first few rows of the center orchestra. On top of it, Rent is closing, which accounts for the lack of center orchestra seats.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#17re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:38pm

You're coming all the way from the UK to see a good show with horrible actors that ruin it. FYI.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

lizzie3
#17re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 5/13/08 at 4:53am

Dont listen to CapnHook. I have watched Rent three times this year :In March, Last Sunday and yesterday - more or less the same cast and each time they have truly impressed. Oh and I travel like 10 hrs to see this show, I dont do that for nothing!I have seen a few other casts before this year and they are not as great as this one. You will have a fab time. I plan on watching it like 3 more times this summer -thats how much I like the cast and show. Enjoy!! Oh yeah, yesterday I sat right front mezz, 3rd row, view was better than sitting on the 2nd center orchestra row!

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#18re: Rent tickets - Cant get centre orch
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:20am

Dont really care bout the cast etc, they can't ruin the songs as bad as most were in Rent Remixed - and i still enjoyed that.

Videos