pixeltracker

Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?- Page 3

Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?

Yankeefan007
#50re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:10pm

Mrs. Muller in DOUBT.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#51re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:17pm

i saw a version of little shop that orin's role was broken up into 12 actors. Meaning that most of them were on stage for 30 seconds or less.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#52re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:24pm

"Does 'Peron's Mistress' in Evita usually play other roles as well?"

She also doubles as Young Eva in the "Montage."

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#53re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:38pm

What does the actor that plays Dr. Dillamond do in the opening number?

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#54re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:46pm

Capn Hook, I was Jane in peter pan a few years ago and in the script I had she was combined with Narrator, like Jane telling the story, so I was on the whole time, but I guess its up to interpretation

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

MerMaggieGalinda
#55re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:53pm

I think the actor playing Dr. Dillamond plays Elphaba's father in the opening number. That being said, I don't know if the Witch's mother does anything else in the show, does she?

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#56re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 6:58pm

I was about to write in Megan Mullally in YF. I think she did an interview on some morning talk show (like the View), where she spends most of her time backstage on the computer on eBay, and other various online shopping.

She did have more to do during the Seattle tryout, where she sang the cute (but useless) "Alone", and when I found out that was cut, I figures she'd have a lot of free time between "don't Touch Me" and when she returns halfway through act two (and then sporadically through act two at that.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#57re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:10pm

MerMaggieGalinda, the actress that plays the Witch's Mother is also in the Ensemble. Also, the actress that plays the Midwife is also in the Ensemble (same with the actor that plays Chistery). The actor that plays the Witch's Father also plays the Ozian Official (in addition to being in the Ensemble). Sean McCourt once played the father and Dr. Dillamond, with another ensemble member as the Ozian Official.

So, normally, what does the actor that plays Dr. Dillamond do in the opening number?

broadwayboy522
#58re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:13pm

He's just in the ensemble along with Boq, Nessarose, and Fiyero

SweetQintheLights
#59re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:21pm

I never saw it on Broadway but I was in The Pajama Game a few months ago and Pop was on stage, I think, 2 scenes for like 5 minutes each.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#60re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:22pm

The Waiter in Harold Pinter's Betrayal
The Piper in Tom Stoppard's Rock 'n' Roll

MerMaggieGalinda
#61re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:33pm

I'm pretty sure when I saw it I saw Sean McCourt as the Witch's father and Dr. Dillamond, so I thought that was the same for every actor who played him.

broadfan327
#62re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:38pm

A certain actor in August: Osage County, I don't want to give away any of the plot.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#63re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 7:43pm

SweetQ,

In the original, Pop only appeared in those two scenes.

In the revival, Pop was combined with a new character named Ganzenlicker (who I believe was not in the original show. Anyone have info on this guy? DId they change the name of the salesman?) In that one, the Pop actor had much more to do. (Though admittedly, not much.)

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#64re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 9:10pm

It's not really an important (or even necessary) part, but Rose's father in Gypsy is only on for Some People.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#65re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 9:34pm

In the Original Tryouts for Spamalot, The Lady of the Lake(Sara Ramirez) Played two other characters each having songs, the which from the movie where we meet Beldevere and The Cow which is Uber Sexified,from the French taunters I really wanna hear the songs

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#66re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 9:53pm

Well, GlindatheGood, that actor usually plays one of the older slightly seedy male roles in the show.

Don't most of these people also serve as understudies (obviously not including people like Elizabeth in YF or the Lady of the Lake)? I'd imagine they spend the time doing any reviewing they need to do.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

TiffanyB Profile Photo
TiffanyB
#67re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 9:56pm

Into the Woods:
Sleeping Beauty and Snow White
Lucinda and Florinda
Cinderella's Father
Steward
Rapunzel (especially when not using "Our Little World)

MadProps86 Profile Photo
MadProps86
#68re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 9:57pm

Cinderella's Father in Into the Woods is pretty scarce in the show. Opening number, First Midnight, Act I Finale, Giant Scene, and Act II Finale. I freakin loved it when I played him though.

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#69re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 10:27pm

I did Arsenic and Old Lace in high school, and my character was on for the last 2 pages of the play. That's it, the very last 2 pages of the play. My make-up was spectacular, though. I have also played one of the "visitors to Fustian House" in Lettice and Lovage. 6 of us are on for the first scene, don't speak, and then we're off until curtain call. On Broadway, they all faced upstage the whole time, so you never saw any of their faces, at least in our production we got "characters" to play. I was an Arab, a cowboy, and a college student. The Arab was interesting to play, because I played him as someone interested in buying the palace. This was at the time Arabs were buying a lot of real estate in England, but opening night of the show was the same night as the first World Trade Center bombing. So my part went from being a quick comic bit, to very uncomfortable.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

TiffanyB Profile Photo
TiffanyB
#70re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 10:55pm

Children of Eden (at least in the production i saw..)-
Aphra, Aysha, Snake

RentBoy86
#71re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 10:59pm

The Avaiatrix in "The Drowsy Chaperone" - I saw it on tour and was suprised that someone would get paid to play such a tiny role. Must be nice.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#72re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 11:02pm

There were three men (among them Eddie Kaye Thomas- Finch from American Pie) who were hired to play the roles (and only the roles) of three Nazis who appear at the end of THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK on Broadway.

Those guys were paid to appear on stage for a scene that couldn't have lasted longer than four or five minutes.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#73re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 11:06pm

"In the original, Pop only appeared in those two scenes.

In the revival, Pop was combined with a new character named Ganzenlicker (who I believe was not in the original show. Anyone have info on this guy? DId they change the name of the salesman?) In that one, the Pop actor had much more to do. (Though admittedly, not much.)"

I would like to know, too, if anyone knows info on Ganzenlicker.

dramagirl487
#74re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 11:45pm

in RUMORS, Officer Pudney only comes on for the very last scene of the show and has 2 lines. Officer Welch comes on for only the last scene but has a monologue. Pudney just says two insignificant lines

___

That aside, I was given the role of Officer Pudney my freshman year in our high school show. i was SO honored, i was the first freshman to be in the show, and we were a cast of only 9!!! So often the smallest parts are the most appreciated

Videos