Did you miss the Cubcake Event?

Dyllun Von Profile Photo
Dyllun Von
#1Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:59pm

...wish you could've been there celebrating Xanadu's 1-year w/ me, Cubby B., DCB, and the 'Du Crew. Even a certain Tony winner made it out but I'm obviously not going to say who :X

BUT the next best thing (i.e. the video of the event that I promised) is up, yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYGpDKC38w

and if you want to see Cubby's schmoozing at the Drama Desk party, that insider video is up too (he's a pro, after all)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dAcfOu-a-2o

Tonys are soo soon...YES IT CAN!!

#2re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:06pm

I wouldn't eat your Blood Cupcake for all the Vegemite in Australia.

Can Xanadu get disqualified for it's Tony campaigning? YES, IT CAN!

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#2re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:09pm

Yes, I did miss the Cubcake event (intentionally, I might add).

I'm with JoeKV99 on the disqualification.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:10pm

Is this event for prepubescent admirers of bears?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:11pm

" Even a certain Tony winner made it out but I'm obviously not going to say who :X "

Um...Cady Huffman...?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Dyllun Von Profile Photo
Dyllun Von
#5re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:11pm

People of all ages were at the event because it was for a good cause. All proceeds went to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

Trekkie2
#6re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:29pm

It's not really a "Tony campaign", it's a marketing campaign. While other shows put signs outside their theaters saying how many nominations they received, Xanadu found a more humorous and creative way to advertise their nominations. There is nothing wrong with that.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

broadwayjim42
#7re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:02pm

Seriously, it's all meant in fun. Guess reactions to the whole Cubby thing is like reactions to the show itself...if it doesn't fit your sense of humor, you're just going to find it pointless and stupid.

Missed it by a day....but made it to the Lincoln Center taping and that was one for the record books.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:21pm

Marry me, Dyllun.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#9re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:23pm

Oh, same here Borstal...I was hoping for some Seth Rogen types.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#10re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:28pm

Kalimba - Shut your mouth.

JoeKv - Get laid.

XANADU was so so so clever in creating this marketing scheme! It's going really well.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#11re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:32pm

oh dear.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#12re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:46pm

how do you know it's going well?
have you canvassed the Tony voters to see if they have been swayed by this campaign?
And I thought everyone was saying it WASN'T a marketing campaign.
Make up your minds people!

Regardless of what it is intended to be, that fact it is that it is a cloying and silly idea that was cute for 10 minutes but is now interminable.

....but the world goes 'round

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#13re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:39pm

lildogs, did you see Rogen at the MTV Movie awards, all cleaned up (well sorta)?

HERE

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing
Updated On: 6/3/08 at 05:39 PM

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#14re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:49pm

Oh, with that new do...and the perpetual 420....what a dream man!

And he's Jewish....

FuturePenny2
#15re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:58pm

Thanks for the video!! So mad that I missed the event! I love the video though!

Did anyone happen to go to Kerry's event at Virgin? Dying to hear how it was.

He's so nurturing! - Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#16re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 6:06pm

However you feel about the campaign don't spit on a charity event. I didn't attend but I'm glad they were able to raise money for such an important cause.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#17re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 7:48pm

Well...I think I can speak for most when I say...

"We weren't there, but we sure didn't MISS it!!!"

:)

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#18re: Did you miss the Cubcake Event?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:44pm

I see myself in this video (walking behind the blue haired girl with the cupcakes).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos