music tastes

broadwayrob
#1music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 5:59am

Since we all share a love of Broadway, *I'm guessing a majority of posters are musical fans*

What does everyone listen to OTHER than show stuff.

I listen to hardcore, punk rock and indie rock. Yeah, I'm strange. :)

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

Invito Al Cielo Profile Photo
Invito Al Cielo
#2re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 6:23am

I listen to punk and indie, I guess you're not so strange.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 6:37am

Umm... Whatever Ripley qualifies as (punk? punk/pop?)...and then it's only them...

But other than that it's showtunes or Broadway people's solo albums. (Ok...so whatever Alice Ripley's solo stuff counts as too...another hard to classify one.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#3re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 9:31am

Mostly pop, rock, and some oldies.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Mattbrain
#4re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 9:37am

I have Comcast so me and my folks are always listening to the oldies channel a lot. I also have a thing for Wagnerian rock, mostly cuz I'm going through an obsession with Tanz der Vampire. Basically, if I'm riding in a car and the radio's on and I don't have my iPod, whatever the hell station it is, I'll listen to it.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#5re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 9:47am

Country, dance, and oldies. I'm actually in a phase this summer trying to listen to music other than my cast recordings, so I am listening to a lot of Indigo Girls, Dixie Chicks, and Barbara.

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#6re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 10:04am

I listen to Billy Joel, Michael Buble, Celine Dion, Josh Groban.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#7re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 10:53am

Just about anything except rap. Favorites are Sugarland, Bon Jovi, and Michael Buble.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#8re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 11:12am

Besides Broadway, I LOVE:

Top 40
Modern country

Billy Joel
Elton John
The Eagles
Rascal Flatts
Sheryl Crow
Maroon 5
Harry Connick Jr
Michael Buble
Celine Dion
Gath Brooks
Reba McEntire

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

twogaab2
#9re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 2:02pm

Big opera fan.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#10re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 3:01pm

broadwayrob,

that doesn't really seem all that strange to me. re: music tastes

now if you said like...european thrash metal or japanese rockabilly or something....that would be unique. hah

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#11re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 3:15pm

Off-topic?

I like to listen to a lot of popular pop/R&B songs today, some oldies, musicians like Billy Joel, 70s/80s/90s...basically anything that isn't country or rap.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

KrissySim
#12re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 4:13pm

Romani (Gypsy) music of Eastern Europe. Especially the folk songs of the Olah branch from Hungary and Transylvania. For CDs of this genre, the band Kalyi Jag (Black Fire) has two very good ones, Lungoj o Drom Angla Mande released in America as "I Have Still a Long Way to Go", but a better translation would be "Long is the Road Yet Ahead of Me". The other is Karingszo Me Phirav", in America "Where I Come and Go" (Where I Travel To and Fro).

The Balkan Gypsy Brass Bands. Boban Markovic is a great one.

Flamenco guitar of Paco del Gastor.

Eric Clapton

Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Brahms, Dvořák.

Instruments I like are the duduk, the middle eastern violin, saz, ud.

American country blues (Memphis Minnie)
Rembetika

EDIT: Couldn't let this go without mentioning Grigoraş Dinicu and Jascha Heifetz.

Updated On: 6/6/08 at 04:13 PM

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#13re: music tastes
Posted: 6/6/08 at 5:09pm

How about German techno? I love my cast recordings to bits, but you really can't beat a bit of E Nomine. ^_^

Also Paul Simon, Simon & Garfunkel, Steps, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Weezer, Green Day, '70s guitar rock, solo albums of my favourite performers, and classical. And when I say classical, I mean Romantic, especially the Russians. I also used to be into J-rock and J-pop, but Johnny's Ents scare me, and there are too many Morning Musume offshoots for any sane person to keep track of. Also lots of idiots got into the J-rock scene and made it not-fun for me. XP

Really, mostly my cast recordings. I totally love my cast recordings, and I'm sorry if that makes me a bad person. :3

Videos