Broadway Bares

The Finale

Broadway Bares

Updated On: 6/23/08 at 12:11 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:14am

First of all, with all that beautiful flesh, the writing of the show by Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen, was very smart, very funny and very sexy.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:19am

Nathan Lane, Andrea Martin, Christine Ebersole, Christopher Sieber, Matt Morrison, Spencer Liff, Mary Birdsong, Susan Mosher and Titus Burgess were all great.

The costumes they took off were terrific--and sexy.

And those dancers! And that choreography! "Hot" is too much of an understatement.

Updated On: 6/23/08 at 12:19 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#4re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:20am

Are you having a monologue?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:22am

I went for the first time this year. It's so much fun!

I thought Matt Morrison was great as well.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 6/23/08 at 12:22 AM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#6re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:23am

I was there too Pal Joey, a lot of fun and some very hot bodies. Liked the catapillar and the butterfly also Tweedle dum and Tweedle Dee (which kinda reminded me of the Rockettes Santa number but with loads of nice butt!)

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#7re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:25am

It was pretty awesome. The aerial stuff was just amazing. I loved the whole thing.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#8re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:26am

oh my god. it was absolutely incredible!! Spencer Liff as the caterpiller...f***ing hot! the body on that guy is to die for...and what an incredible dancer. also, matt morrison...who knew he could dance so well. Wow! and he looked so hot...treasure trail and all. the opening number with titus burgess as the white rabbit and mary birdsong as alice was called "cum in my hole" and it set the tone for the entire evening! nathan lane and andrea martin were also hilarious...and there was a mention of GLORY DAYS, which i felt was written for me! re: Broadway Bares

the entire evening was a huge success. congrats to jerry mitchell, denis jones and all involved. can't wait to go back next year. oh, and jerry mitchell took his shirt off and was working during rotation...i thought he was hot before i saw him shirtless...but now...damn...what a body!

PS: saw Robin de Jesus on line for the midnight show when i walked out...hope he has fun!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#9re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:29am

The Tweedledum and Tweedledee boys were my favorites.

What did Dorothy Parker saying about boys who wear glasses?

Something about them having cute asses?

Updated On: 6/23/08 at 12:29 AM

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#10re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:32am

I'm still kinda unclear what Broadway Bares is. I know it's part of Broadway Cares / Equity Fights Aids, and I assume it's an annual thing. An annual event where some Broadway stars perform and take their clothes off?

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#11re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 1:30am

That's the basic jist of it. You can find photo albums of previous years. Just google it.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#12re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 6:57am

"also, matt morrison...who knew he could dance so well."

I DID !!!!! LOL
Seriously I'm soooooo jealous, guys !!! I need pictures !!! Actually no, I need VIDEOS !!! When's the dvd coming out through Broadway Beat ????

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#13re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 7:31am

I volunteered on Saturday to help set up Roseland for the event, got my ticket for the 9:30 show on Sunday. Worked all day at my job, got home, and started to feel incredibly sick. Never made it back out of my apartment. I'll have to catch the DVD. I'm glad the event went well once again, and I hope they raised tons of money.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#14re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 7:42am

What, Matty Fresh the hiphop dancer who seems to have fallen into Broadway by accident, bless 'im? Yup, he's one HECK of a dancer. :)

I demand more pictures of this event! One day I will go to it!

Greekmusicalfan
#15re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:50am

Are you on drugs ? Have you ever actually SEEN Matt on stage ???? A commited Tony-nominated actor who has done Broadway, off-Broadway and is sensational in everything he does, has fallen to Broadway by accident ??? He is an amazing dancer, a sensational singer and a fantastic actor and judging by your ridiculous comment, it is obvious you've never had the pleasure of watching him perform !

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#16re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:58am

Oh calm yourself, don't take such offense at a teeny wee comment. :) I just find it amusing that people don't realise he's a dancer when he's done such a hecuka lot of it, even a hiphop/funk dance DVD. Surely the fact he was in 'Hairspray' at least would be a little of a giveaway!!!

And go on, rub it in that I'm the UK and can't afford to fly to see every Broadway show ever, as you so clearly do!

Updated On: 6/23/08 at 08:58 AM

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#17re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 9:09am

I was at the 9:30 show and thought is was awesome and very sexy. There was great energy in the club prior to the show. I loved the Mad Hatter...was that Mr Jackson? The highlight for me though was stuffing a $20 bill in Charlie Sutton's shorts!

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Greekmusicalfan
#18re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:04am

Well, if that was your intention, I apologise ! It's just that he is my absolute favorite artist and I don't like to hear anything negative about him ! After all, he called me "his biggest and favorite fan" when we met, so i've got to defend my title ! re: Broadway Bares
And weez, I'd never rub in something like that ! After all, you have the fabulous West End close by, while I have to take a PLANE, in order to see a musical !

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#19re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:10am

They have DVDs of the show?

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

#20re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:11am

PJ I hear Patti was tea-bagging fans for a $100 tip. Did you partake?

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#21re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:13am

NVM I found info about the DVDs

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#22re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:14am

PJ, since obviously you were in the VIP section, I'm going with you next year. re: Broadway Bares I think I'm just getting too old for the floor. There was a fight that broke out near me. And MAN some people are desperate to push their way up to the front during the rotation!

All in all, though, a fun evening, even though I'm paying for it today at work.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#23re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:29am

The upstairs section gives you a little more of tax deduction.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#24re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:31am

OMFG - Matthew Morrison did the most amazing dance flips I have ever seen, ending in his shorts!!! Hot, hot & hot!

And I'm crazy mad for ACL's Tommy Berklund *sighs* who was just fab.

I somehow missed Nick Adams though re: Broadway Bares cause I guess some of the dancers had soooo much crazy makeup on they were barely recognizable... unless you have every body part memorized - lol.

Cheyenne didn't make it cause he's been just too busy with XANADU & DAMN YANKEES rehearsals, but Julie White was a wonderful surprise addition. She's got the most fabulous foul-mouth on Broadway re: Broadway Bares

Shoutouts to my darling "Xanadu" stars on skates, Kate Loprest (in pasties) & my beefy baby, Marty Thomas (with headband) and a mouthful of $$$... muahhh!

It really was an awesome show!!!!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 6/23/08 at 11:31 AM

Greekmusicalfan
#25re: Broadway Bares
Posted: 6/23/08 at 1:23pm

Arghhhh, right now I am so green with jealousy, that I could easily understudy Elphaba...or Frankenstein's moster...or Shrek on rehersals...oh well, lots of Bway stars, anyway !!

Videos