News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Pictures from the new Little House musical

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#1Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 4:22pm

Melissa Gilbert, star of the "Little House on the Prairie" television series, is featured in the musical (as Ma). Playing the role she made famous, Laura Ingalls Wilder, is Kara Lindsay.

Filling out the Ingalls family and friends are Steve Blanchard (as Pa), Jenn Gambatese (Mary), Maeve Moynihan (Carrie), Sara Jean Ford (Nellie) and Kevin Massey (Almanzo Wilder).

Little House on the Prairie, directed by Francesca Zambello (The Little Mermaid), features a book by Rachel Sheinkin (...Spelling Bee), music by Rachel Portman ("Emma") and lyrics by Donna DiNovelli.

More at Playbill

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

NDR
#2re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 4:28pm

Any reviews? (Or is someone going to tell me that they are in another thread buried on page 55 of the boards.)

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#2re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 5:42pm

The pictures alone make me want to grab the next flight to Minneapolis.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#3re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 5:54pm

The pix kinda remind me of the Oklahoma! production on PBS with Hugh Jackman.

Wish this show the best of luck though. (And does anyone know how Gilbert sounds?)

StuckToTheStage Profile Photo
StuckToTheStage
#4re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 6:01pm

The costumes are just beautiful.

"Maybe you could teach me how to LuPwn? No, that seems like something only a bitter delusional queen could enjoy." -JoeKv99 on the remarks of TooDarnHot

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#5re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/29/08 at 7:58pm

I love Jenn Gambatese.
She looks adorable in those pictures.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#6re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 12:24pm

These pictures make me SO excited! I love Little House and wish the show well! I really hope it makes it to Broadway, so that I can have a chance to see it!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#7re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 12:36pm

I'm glad they're doing it and all but...why oh WHY must they make these show backdrops so dark?
It NEVER rained on the TV show...or does the whole thing take place at night???
Are they all from the same scene?

I imagined this show was going to be a bright, funny, "happy" piece - despite all the struggles of growing up on the new frontier, of course.

Eh...
Hope it's good, because the pics do nothing for me yet.

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#8re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 1:15pm

I'm not feeling it. And I was a huge Little House fan as a little girl.

I just keep thinking, What will they come up with next? A musical of Laverne and Shirley? Eight is Enough?

KFTC!!!!!

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#9re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 9:07pm

Remember that LITTLE HOUSE was a beloved series of books before it was ever a TV show.

I do have to say Melissa Gilbert looks a little too hot to be Ma. But I think I'll survive.
Broadway Mouth: It Sucks to Be Us: Networking in the Digital Age

colleen_lee
#10re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 9:22pm

Any reviews? (Or is someone going to tell me that they are in another thread buried on page 55 of the boards.

The show is still in previews.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#11re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/30/08 at 9:40pm

I agree about the backdrop. Either a serious storm is coming, or they need to "lighten up." Where's the gorgeous prairie sky?

Also... Melissa should have a better, more appropriate wig, and a lot less makeup. She looks a little too much like a tart, and not enough like a pioneer woman. Easily fixable.

And other than that, I think the photos look great!

I wish them luck!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#12re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/31/08 at 12:52pm

The pics DO look great !!! Now, if we can get an "Albert on drugs" storyline going, we would really have something !! :))

Man, how I loved "Little House" !

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#13re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/31/08 at 1:22pm

I wonder if the original Little House theme song is present in the score.

I loved this show so much when I was growing up. It was a show I never missed. I remember watching it on summer vacations when it was on TBS. I even loved the "Little House A New Beginning" when Laura was an adult and the Ingles moved away. I cried like a baby when Albert died.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#14re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/31/08 at 2:12pm

Good question about the "Little House" TV theme song being included in the score!

Did anyone notice it?

A bit of trivia: David Rose was the composer of the Little House theme and also did the Bonanza theme! The biggest surprise? He also was the writer of....THE STRIPPER theme! HAHA!

Who wrote the score of the theater production?

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

AJ--Law Profile Photo
AJ--Law
#15re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
Posted: 7/31/08 at 2:23pm

Word around the theater is that its not that great of a show..Melissa has one song and isn't that 'nice' to listen to. Sets are being called 'boring'. Its early though, that's just the few things I've heard from those that have seen it...pretty generic descriptions of course.

Videos