Best time for CHICAGO rush?

suziehita
#1Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:55pm

How early do you need to get to the theater on a Saturday morning for rush tickets?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#2re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/11/08 at 8:21am

You could get there right at 10AM when the box office opens and have no one in front of you. You won't have a problem getting tickets of any kind.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#2re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/11/08 at 8:53am

Where are they? It's a "whatever's left," I believe? What kind of luck have people had?

Certainly on my to-do list if the seats are halfway decent.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/11/08 at 8:59am

Front row. Sides and center.

You can get there an hour before curtain and land one of the far side front row seats, which offer a full view, or get there first thing in the morning and get a center seat.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

george95
#4re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/11/08 at 1:42pm

If you can manage to cough up 60 bucks, what I do almost every time I see CHICAGO is I go to the ticket window about 2 hours or so before showtime with a discount print-out from playbill.com or broadwaybox.com, and I always get 3rd or 4th row center orchestra. That's been the last 5 or 6 times I've seen it.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#5re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 9/11/08 at 3:17pm

Thanks for the info WBAF.

Hmm... ~$27 in the front row or $60 in the third row... decisions, decisions.
Updated On: 9/11/08 at 03:17 PM

kdek004
#6re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 11:40am

Does Chicago always do a rush or is it only when it's sold out? Thinking about rushing tonight around 5:30.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#7re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 12:43pm

How high is the stage? Is the first row too neck-craning?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#8re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 12:56pm

Have they changed it? Last spring and summer it was the extreme sides only. And it was hit or miss ~ my friends and I rushed on a Sunday and were glad we had agreed to meet early as there was a line and they sold out of it. Then I've heard of during the week people getting there at 10 and there being no line.

I also thought I had read/heard somewhere that they only have them until a certain time and then they go to tkts.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Winston3
#9re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 2:54pm

I am trying to figure out this as well. I am craving a trip to Chicago and I would like to do the rush. I do remember over the summer trying the rush I would say around two hours prior to showtime and the box office worker told me that they were out of rush tickets. Now, that got me to wonder if it was just because it was summer and the show is a popular tourist show? Or if there is a set time for the rush. I mean, the tourists are slowly starting to die down. So I wonder if I would have a better chance of getting a rush ticket 2 hours or so prior to the show.

Goodbye Sister Disco

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#10re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 6:20pm

When I went last month, I got there like 3 hours after the box office opened and I was front row all the way to the right. The stage isn't high at all, so I enjoyed my night at that show :) Hope that helps!

RentBoy86
#11re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/5/09 at 6:33pm

Just wait till February, then all the tourists will be gone, and you'll be good to go.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#12re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 8:29pm

Anyone know how the rush has been since Melora joined the cast? What time should I get there if I tried for any show this weekend?

Any help at all is appreciated!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#13re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/17/09 at 1:11am

I attempted to rush Chicago tonight. Got to the box office around 5:20 and was told the best they could do was rear mezzanine for $47.50, whatever seats they had set aside for rush had been sold. I ended up at Speed-the-Plow.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 1/17/09 at 1:59am

Those side rush seats are too close for my comfort. The house manager moved us up to the balcony without a problem.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#15re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 3/21/09 at 7:16pm

Ba-dump-bump.

How early would I have to go to rush tomorrow's matinee? Thanks!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#16re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 3/21/09 at 7:18pm

^ There's no celebrity in the show right now, so I think you should be fine anytime. But try to get there at least an hour early.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#17re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 3/21/09 at 7:55pm

I've had problems with the Chicago rush...all the times I've went they told me didn't have a rush and they didn't understand why people ask them.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#18re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 3/21/09 at 7:56pm

They have had rush for YEARS. I do not know why they are saying that.

CSonBroadway
#19re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 3/21/09 at 7:58pm

The two times I've gone, they said they didn't have a rush.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#20re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:48pm

Anyone been recently? Any thoughts on a Monday night?

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

iflip4musicals
#21re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 6/15/09 at 11:11am

bump

or should I take no replies as a good sign that tickets aren't terribly hard to come by?

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

NYCtheater
#22re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 6/15/09 at 11:24am

Getting there an hour before the box office opens should be a good time. Enjoy the show!

iflip4musicals
#23re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 6/15/09 at 11:26am

thanks!

CSonBroadway
#24re: Best time for CHICAGO rush?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 2:06am

Bumping this. I might do it Thursday? Should I just go right when the box office opens?

Videos