Playbill yearbook (with tote bag) - $20
box set of 4 Playbill glasses(with tote bag) - $10
Wedding Singer programs for Broadway and tour - $1
Wicked and Passing Strange T-shirts - $5
3 Grey Gardens T-shirts - $5
5 sippee cups - Beauty and the Beast, Times They Are A'Changi', and Tarzan - $1
Jersey Boys Metrocard holder - $.25
Chorus Line cup - free
and a 6-foot Taylor Hicks door sign for $50 which made for the most awesomest subway ride ever! :)

"I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet. The world is a big scary place." - Avenue Q

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#51re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:34pm

- An adorable little Asian boy (son of Phantom conductor?), yelling on the top of his lungs, selling A Chorus Line headbands for 25-cents

Wasn't he just so cute!? Yes, he's David's son. I was working at the PHANTOM table and we all just loved him. We should have had him promoting our raffle!

I only bought one item this year - a GREY GARDENS t-shirt for 2 bucks that they were selling across from our table. I was hoping to find some kind of merchandise related to SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, but was unsuccessful.

and a 6-foot Taylor Hicks door sign for $50 which made for the most awesomest subway ride ever! :)

I saw you guys carrying that and I was thinking what an interesting subway ride home that would be!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
Updated On: 9/21/08 at 09:34 PM

coolkid11776
#52re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:38pm

I won
Title of show closing night tix
Forbidden Bway tix
and Awesome 80's prom tix (Which I know NOTHING about IDK if it's worth going).

I brought
1. Chicago Poster (for my siser0
2. 2 Lion King Sweatshirts
3. A Movin out Poster
4. A Grease X-mas Orinament (for my sister)
5. A Grease Signed Playbill (Free)
6. A cry baby Magnet (Won it thru spinning the wheel)
7. A Bronx Tale Magnet (Won it thru spinning the wheel)
8. Cirus Dreams Program Won it thru spinning the wheel)

All in all it was a good day spent $55 but got I think close to $400 worth of stuff.
This was my first year at the flea Market and I know I'm going back next year (and bringing more money)

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#53re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:38pm

I thought it was much more crowded this year than last year. I'm sure there was some spill over from the street fair on 8th. And why do people insist on bringing their dogs to this every year?! Do they want them to get trampled on? Not to mention people tripping over the dang leashes!

Feathah! Great pics of MEK (Tad)! I wasn't quick enough with my camera. He looks great on AMC, but fab in person!!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:39pm

I bought mostly window cards for my dorm.

Spelling Bee- $1
Butley w/ Nathan Lane (never saw it, but love Lane and I like the design) - $1
Cyrano de Bergerac- $2
The Homecoming - $1

Also, Color Purple OBC (since $2 is, in my eyes, good as free), and the Gone Missing OOBC for $5.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#55re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:45pm

Thank you for the kind emails and comments on my blog! I love the Flea Market! This was my 8th year in a row and I always have a great time! And it benefits Broadway Cares which has been near and dear to my heart for well over a decade.

The In The Heights table was mobbed as early as 9:30am. They also had Rent stuff - mostly autographed posters, playbills and other things from various casts. They got cleaned out early! Some stuff I managed to grab was a coffee cup prop, piragua prop, and an autographed candle prop. They had signed scripts and photos too.

The Spring Awakening table was cleaned out quick as well. I forget the stuff they had early in the day.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#56re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:45pm

Ditto on the Playbill Yearbook...a bargain at $20 with no tax!

Bought the lovely cookie so sweetly decorated by one Ms. Beth Leavel. And it was delicious too!!!

The Tony Playbill from the year she won.
A Lion King messenger bag...really nice.
A few pins from a few diff shows.

Wasn't looking to spend alot, but very happy with what I got.

I have to echo the sentiment stated earlier by someone in that this years flea market seemed a tad lackluster. The celeb table was pretty lame(no offense to my lady Beth), but yeah..don't they usually peddle alot more soap stars???

On the downside, I've never seen so many used Playbills and clothing that seemed like a few cast members out there saw this as a common flea market as opposed to a show one.

Still a lovely day all in all.

BTW....Is it now common for 8th avenue to be shut down as well as 44th for this fair? I had no idea they'd be doing that. Was a nice surprise to see all the food they had to offer.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

viola13
#57re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:47pm

WAY too much. This was my first time, so I went a little crazy.

Window cards of:
Gypsy City Center, Rock and Roll, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Spelling Bee, In My Life, Little Dog Laughed, High Fidelity, Godspell Papermill, Coram Boy, Playbills of 2006-2007, and the Sondheim Kennedy Center Celebration Collection (cards from every show plus one for the general celebration, 10 cards total).

Hair costume sketch for Berger
Ripped shirt from Hair
Easter Bonnet DVD from 2008 & 2007
Gypsy of the Year DVD from 2007
Nothing Like a Dame DVD from 2006
Name sliders from Rent and Legally Blonde
Joanne's scarf from Rent
Rent sign in sheets
T-shirts from Passing Strange, Spelling Bee, Wicked, and Pirate Queen
8x10s of Raul Esparza, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Laura, Patti, and Boyd.
Signed Spelling Bee karate board.
The Homecoming program.
And a free keychain from Whistle Down the Wind and free t-shirt from Papermill's Oklahoma.

I'm so broke.

And while I don't know how much the giant Company poster went for, the Is He Dead? one sitting next to it was $100 I think.

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#58re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:48pm

The In The Heights table also had the 2000 demo cd, the entire libretto for the show, and the 2008 Easter Bonnet.

Did anyone get the lebretto or the demo?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#59re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:50pm

Didn't spend a ton of money, but got some stuff I wanted:

- Legally Blonde "Bonecake" t-shirt
- Legally Blonde "CHIP" t-shirt
- Zanna, Don't windowcard
- Great American Trailer Park Musical Windowcard (only $1!! Amazing)
- NINE Playbill (Jane Krakowski<3)
- LB Tony Voters Rough Cut CD
- Andy Karl's name slider from LB
- Easter Bonnet 2008 DVD

And not at the flea market, but I picked up Orfeh's solo cd (What Do You Want From Me) at The Palace on my way home. AMAZING.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#60re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:51pm

Ok, I had so much fun walking the flea market. I got window cards for Cyrano, Altar Boyz, Passing Strange, and The History Boys for my dorm room. I also got a Passing Strange shirt and a Cyrano hat.

My favorite item from today though was a master script for Passing Strange that I bought at a table for $5.

Gotta love the flea market!!!

WickedMuzzy422 Profile Photo
WickedMuzzy422
#61re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:53pm

Quite a few t-shirts(passing strange, spelling bee, grey gardens)
spelling bee program
passing strange program
avenue q cupcake
playbill yearbook (with tote)
ny health and racquet club t shirt (from spinning the wheel)
altar boyz magnet (wheel)
one day gym pass (wheel)

I kinda wish i'd gotten a few more things. haha. i really wanted sutton's holiday cards. darn. Some good stuff, though. hope everyone had a great time!

"Labels are for cans, not for people." --anthony Rapp

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#62re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:54pm

How much were the above ITH merch?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#63re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:54pm

nyb418, I payed $50 for the RECKLESS poster.

I was going to wait until later in the day for the price to go down (though the MTC booth seemed pretty committed to the prices they set for all the signage they had,) but I just went ahead and got it as my "big ticket item" for the day.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

CarolynaGirl Profile Photo
CarolynaGirl
#64re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 10:00pm

- opening night EVITA playbill from '79 (yay, Patti!)
- FUNNY GIRL playbill from '64 (yay, Barbra!)
- a couple Helen Mirren playbills
- old Streisand HELLO, DOLLY! movie photo booklet thing
- an Odd Couple sweater
- signed Patti LuPone matters of the heart CD
- a Blue Man Group shirt (I couldn't resist the "shirts for one dollar" yells...)
- Angela Lansbury MAME playbill
- a huuuuge flower and a torch
- a bag full of shirts at the grey garden table for $5 (right before 7pm)
- a General Hospital lunchbox =D
- a snow globe

...and then I went to the Gypsy matinee. Fabulous day!

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#65re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 10:03pm

EnWashingtonHeights, the demo cd, libretto and Easter Bonnet were upwards of $100. I know some people who bought 'em, but too steep for me. They had autograph pics and cartoons and stuff that were much cheaper.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#66re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 10:09pm

-shirts- passing strange, the times they are a changing, wedding singer, wicked, cyrano
-gypsy hat
-note that June writes to momma
-passing strange script
-passing strange cd case and dvd
-some phantom notes
-a tweedle costume from broadway bares
-passing strange poster
-rent candle
and prolly some other stuff that Im forgetting

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#67re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 10:14pm

I got the signed ITH candle for ten bucks. My coffee and piragua were two bucks each. I think the autographed photos were ten?

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#68re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:00pm

HAIR costume sketch for Berger and Woof.
Name sliders from RENT.
Passing Strange script.
Little High Fidelity postcard thing.
RENT sign in sheets (found the week when I first saw the show nearly 7 years ago).

I think that's it but it was still a lot of money for me. Also I'm jealous of whoever got that cute Boeing Boeing key chain but 20 bucks is a lot for a key chain.

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#69re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:08pm

-2 [tos] tickets for closing night! what! (anyone want to buy 2 balcony tickets off me? reasonable pricing...)
-2 Forbidden Broadway tickets
-[tos] caricature
-CHEDDAR BUNNIES! (i need more. really. who has the recipe?)
-half of Berger's shirt from HAIR
-shirts from Wicked, the Wedding Singer, Billy Elliot, Spelling Bee, and Grey Gardens
-Seth's Chatterbox with Celia Keeenan-Bolger and Passing Strange
-Scripts for the Homecoming and the Pillowman
-Sutton Foster's christmas cards
-a book entitled "Taxi Driver Wisedom" from the [tos] booth
-Playbill glasses
-Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies dish
-a Pillowman playbill from the [tos] booth that says "Got Tu Go Disco" on a post-it on the back...anyone care to explain?

and...*drumroll*

-Hunter's green shirt! It was only $5...and some guy tried to buy it a second later for more...sorry dude, it's all mine. Mmm, it smells nice. And there's a raccoon on it!

Oh, did anyone happen to see Allison Case's HAIR costume sketch? I got there in time to see the last Berger one go at around 11, and I really wanted to know if she had one so I can kick myself for not setting the alarm.

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

chickfila
#70re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:11pm

I didn't spend much -

Within 5 minutes of walking onto 44th, I found a Frost/Nixon window card which I've been trying to find forever. Also bought an opening night give sweatshirt given to the cast of Grey Gardens which is beautiful! Can't wait for it to get cold.

Got two TOS posters signed by the entire cast and director. Had a great day!

Worst part of the day was seeing The Seagull - I thought I was going to die from boredom!

sundaymorning6am
#71re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:18pm

Where were the Rent sign-in sheets being sold??

Broadway Baby 2
#72re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:20pm

Playbills-
Evita (obc)
Patti Lupone on Broadway
Gypsy (Ethal Merman)

Coram Boy novel

Alison Frasier signed cd- A New York Romance

Program of Damn Yankees with Gwen Verdon

Signed Gypsy 2008 reveval props-
Pie plate
Junes letter to Momma
2 of the farm boys bus tickets
a letter given to Rose by one of the Toreadorables
and one of uncle Jocos cards

Sweeney reveval opening night gift pie plate

I gladly spent about $150.

viola13
#73re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:32pm

They didn't have Allison Case's sketch, the only girl's sketch I saw was Allison Guinn, and I was looking at them around 10. They did sell Alison Case's bag from the show, though.

The Rent sign-in sheets were at the silent auction table, as were a couple of rehearsal costumes and the name sliders.

ashley0139
#74re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:42pm

nyb418, I payed $50 for the RECKLESS poster.

I was going to wait until later in the day for the price to go down (though the MTC booth seemed pretty committed to the prices they set for all the signage they had,) but I just went ahead and got it as my "big ticket item" for the day.

I had been eying the Receptionist one all day for $50. When I went back at the end of the day, it still hadn't been sold. The guy said he would bring it down to $15. I debated hard, but ultimately I couldn't justify having that huge thing in a dorm room. Just no room. Would have loved it though.

I got:
- A TON of t-shirts from the Araca and Grey Gardens tables. Probably a total of 15 shirts.
- A Pirate Queen program
- A caricature of myself at the [tos] table signed by the whole cast
- Lots of sippy cups
- A Gwen Stewart name slider from RENT (if the girl who got the Eden Espinosa one reads BWW - I looked for you for a while but couldn't find you again!)
- Some other random little stuff
- And my favorite purchase was a CHESS Actor's Fund benefit window card. I've been looking for one of those for years.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife