pixeltracker

Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?- Page 2

Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?

rwlevin Profile Photo
rwlevin
#25re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/9/08 at 10:16pm

When I saw Wicked, Kristin Chenoweth was in a neck brace to make sure she didn't reinjure her neck. And then during the first number, the mechanical bubble didn't exit when it was supposed and Kristin almost walked into it before "magically" sending it away with her wand.

And when I saw Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck, as Bryan OByrne was sitting in his chair, one of the legs of the chair broke. Bryan covered saying it was always breaking.

Waiting for tickets to Hair August 2008

WishingOnlyWounds2
#26re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/9/08 at 10:21pm

One time when I saw Legally Blonde the mirror during "Chip on Your Shoulder" broke in LBB's hand.

Another time in Legally Blonde the second curtain (one behind the pink one) didn't go up at the beginning, then at the end of the show it didn't go down, only the pink one did. Same night there was no black out after "So Much Better".

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#27re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/9/08 at 11:56pm

When I saw Avenue Q in Chicago the woman playing Kate Monster got a bloody nose right as she began to sing "The Mix Tape" song. When Princeton went to the bathroom she said something (I don't exactly remember what) but she covered pretty well, I'd never seen the show before and it seemed like a large portion of the audience did not realize anything was wrong until the house lights were brought up. She got lots of cheers when she came back and re-started the song :)

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#28re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 7:33am

When I saw the Legally Blonde tour last week, somebody's jump rope got tangled during Whipped Into Shape.

Another time when I saw the Aida tour, the tomb which is used in the opening scene got stuck and wouldn't move offstage. It sat there in the middle of the stage and the cast just worked around it. Finally 2 or 3 stagehands ran out and managed to push it off.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

jayclay
#29re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 7:46am

During Spring Awakening when John Gallagher Jr was leaving the stage quickly he said "I've got to go" and knocked over a chair. It landed an inch or two from Lea Michele's head. He picked up the chair, said "sorry" and ran off.

DefyGravity777
#30re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 7:55am

"When I saw the Legally Blonde tour last week, somebody's jump rope got tangled during Whipped Into Shape."

When Autumn was still in this scene on Broadway she had the rope wrapped around her head at one point. I thought she was gonna strangle herself.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

duffny1
#31re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/10/08 at 11:42pm

I am totally dating myself here...but--I remember a huge snowstorm on the Wednesday before Easter in 1983. I was visiting NJ on my Easter break (from College) and the snow was so heavy that I thought it would be a great time to go to TKTS and get a 1/2 price ticket for the rear mezzanine knowing full well I would be able to move closer to the stage. The city basically CLOSED down and I don't think outside city traffic was allowed to enter the island so I knew the house would be empty. I took a train into the city and was so excited to enter the theater for a matinee and there couldnt have been more than 75 people in the audience. There were about 20 of us in the mezzanine and we all moved down to the Orchestra section.

At the end of A New Argentina (I think that was the song) the full chorus was carrying banners. They had to all march backward so the set could change (or curtain close) Well, one cast member fell and since no one knew (because they were walking backwards), each and everyone fell. There were about 15 people just in a mound of bodies. The cast was laughing so hard and knew that there was no way they could keep a straight face. seriously line by line, they all fell. The audience almost started to scream to warn the actors. Not one actor could stop laughing and no one cared. They were having a blast and the audience LOVED IT!!! I will never forget that day--I think the show closed about two months later.

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#32re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/11/08 at 3:12am

Oh wow, that is hilarious!!!

CONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
#33re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/11/08 at 3:25am

I saw Wicked in London a few months ago, Kerry Ellis was starting to go up in Defying Gravity, but he wasn't in securely, so she started screaming, Dianne Pilkington (Glinda) started screaming then as well as she thought Kerry had hurt her self, the lights the curtain then came down and you could still hear kerry screaming "Get me down, get me down" The show was stopped for 5 minutes, she came back out and performed the end of DG on ground level, apparently next day she did it properly and went up, very brave if you ask me after what happened when i saw it!

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#34re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/11/08 at 11:29am

Shoshana Bean managed to get her heel/ankle caught between the trap door/stage during the No Good Deed entrance. She said the shoe prevented it extremely hurting, which is lucky because that could have messed her foot up a fair bit.

The Kerry Ellis lift mishap was pretty scary, she must have been petrified being hauled up into the air without being securely held in place.

Scott Briefer
#35re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 1:20am

Over the many years and hundreds of shows I've either seen or done, I could tell countless stories of mishaps. The one that sticks out most in my mind was a performance many years ago of Song and Dance. Bernadette Peters - who I adore and is brilliant - was very sick. She should never have been on stage, but I suspect that when the show opened she felt in good enough health to do the performance. Within a few minutes it was apparent that Ms. Peters was very sick and had lost her voice. They should have stopped the show. (For those who don't know, Song, is a one woman sung musical.) Ms. Peters was amazing. She stuck it out even though she could barely speak let alone sing a note. Everyone in that audience felt horrible for her. Immediately following that performance Ms. Peters was out for quite some time.

outdamnwench
#36re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 1:50am

There's an audio of the Kerry Ellis lift incident, it's some pretty scary sh*t. Apparently, she's really scared of heights in the first place, I'm sure the lift malfunctioninig didn't help.

Also, I've heard a story about Shoshana falling off the stage into the net covering the orch, but it wasn't confirmed.

LadyRosecoe
#37re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 2:37am

What net covers the orchestra? I recall hearing that and once checked to see and found no net in which to catch her.

monkeybutt Profile Photo
monkeybutt
#38re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:38pm

When I was at the lion king, the Giraffe fell on it's face, the stage manager came and dragged it off stage!

FRIENDSHIP IS LIKE PEEING ON YOURSELF, EVERYONE CAN IT BUT ONLY YOU HAVE THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING

ejgirls89
#39re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:49pm

I went to see Legally Blonde (9/20) and first Cara Massey (who plays the mom) got her foot stuck and fell on her butt (she played it off liek the was drunk) but then i was there for the infamous golf cart incident!!

--jen--

Charlie No-One
#40re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:15pm

Which is?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#41re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:59pm

Ms. Peters was amazing. She stuck it out even though she could barely speak let alone sing a note.
so...how did that work exactly?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#42re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:16pm

My friend saw a Angel fall during "Today 4 U"
And of course the usual voice cracking, studdering, and OH! when I saw Legally Blonde with LBB they had mic problems and so they started late and had problems throughout the show which SUCKED!!!!!!!

CONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
#43re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:20pm

One time when i was watching the extremly well recieved Rent Remixed in London, all the speakers shut down in the middle of seasons of love, as it was the finally they did not bother re-setting and just didnt peform it,

some people were annoyed by this, though most thought it was a gift from god!

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#44re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:37pm

O O O! you reminded me something!
I saw a high school RENT production a couple months ago to laugh at them and Mark cracked singing "December 24th, 9 PM, est"
COME ON!!!!!!! If your voice cracks just talking don't perform that night as the LEAD in a ROCK OPERA!!!

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#45re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 7:02pm

Today at SPEED THE PLOW, the door handle fell off when Raul slammed the door shut. It was so funny and caused a lot of laughter from the audience & some good improv lines from Raul in response. ("If she could get back in here she'd tell you!" "They don't build studios like they used to!")

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

CarolynaGirl Profile Photo
CarolynaGirl
#46re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 7:34pm

I don't know if it's happened more than once, and I know it's been talked about in threads before, but I was there the day one of the plates Boyd Gaines threw during the Together Wherever We Go scene in Gypsy flew into the audience shattering light bulbs on it's way. The crowd ate it up; it was hilarious!

dashb10ard
#47re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 7:52pm

Today at SPEED THE PLOW, the door handle fell off when Raul slammed the door shut. It was so funny and caused a lot of laughter from the audience & some good improv lines from Raul in response. ("If she could get back in here she'd tell you!" "They don't build studios like they used to!")

I was at the show today, too. That incident alone was worth my $26.50. Absolutely hysterical.

Scott Briefer
#48re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/13/08 at 12:00am

Regarding Ms. Peters... it didn't work. They should have stopped the show. She hung in there and croaked out the songs. She was smart and didn't try to reach any of the harder notes and tried to stay mostly in her middle range, but it was an awful experience for everyone concerned. I can't imagine that a single soul in the audience didn't hope that the act would end, or that they'd stop the performance. At the same time, I think we were all in awe with her determination.

Bwayidiot
#49re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
Posted: 10/14/08 at 12:28am

When I saw the original production of West Side Story, at the end of the "rumble" that closed the first act, one of the "dead" gang members was yelling to get him off stage as he had broken his leg. Something definitely had happened as he was not in the rest of the show.

Videos