CUTEST THING EVER.

FindingNamo
#100WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:16pm

Corine, darling, looks like you painted yourself into a corner with unlikely details yet again. Mass transit companies that send out private "black cars." Yes, yes, that sounds very realistic.

So you switch to pictures of Jeremy Piven. You do realize he's wearing a wig right? Looks like you really do have a thing for animals who lose their feathers.

Once again, many of us appear to be curious about the details of your fanciful tale and are just waiting and waiting to hear who forbade you from taking the subway? Did you just daydream that word up thinking about your favorite parody show?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#101WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:20pm

Hell, I can't even get my patients to clinic appointments via Access a Ride sometimes.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#102WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:22pm

iflit - can't they just order a black car?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#103WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:29pm

I don't think this is the cutest thing ever, but it is a baby Cockatoo..

WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#104WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:33pm

Boobw, wtf-that is so sickeningly grotesque. What's wrong there?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#105WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:35pm

Awww Janey..it's a baby....it will grow up to be a very beautiful bird. You know the story of the ugly duckling right?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#106WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:11am

I've seen baby parrots cuter than that. That one looks more like the Eraserhead baby!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#107WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:15am

3 days down, approximately 32,850 to go.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#108WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:24am

If ACCESS A RIDE can't make an appointment they get you a black town car. I have been offered two but it does not help if it never shows up or shows up and hour late.

No stories here. And rug or not HE IS VERY SEXY.

Q
#109WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:27am

I actually think that baby Cockatoo has an adorable facial expression.

And he reminds me of Dr. Seuss, which is always a good thing in my book.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#110WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:32am

Shut up you witches.
It was hardly just a party. It is a business event and they never showed up so I missed out. In addition there was a shooting on my street today and it was a zoo so I just went home.
I was not going to make it in the traffic to pine street in a cab and it would have taken too long and would have been way too expensive.
WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Access a ride is a great service but you need to make appointments three hours in advance in order for it to work. A 5 pm for a six pm event did not work. You have to have the patience of an angel and it is only good if you can make appointments three hours ahead.
Updated On: 12/18/08 at 01:32 AM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#111WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 8:05am

All dressed up an nowhere to go? Slava's Snow Show has a lottery that is super easy to win. First two rows! Just don't forget your ID.

PEACE.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#112WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 9:08am

I guess you don't have the patience of an angel.

And the shooting on your street is a brand new detail. Maybe the car couldn't get into your hood because of the shooting? Were streets blocked off?

I'd hate to think you were so pissed off at the car company because someone was fatally wounded and you couldn't get to your party.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

blueroses
#113WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 9:08am

"I was not going to make it in the traffic to pine street in a cab and it would have taken too long and would have been way too expensive."

If it was a genuine work-related function you should have just sprung for private car service and written it off as a business expense. And time or traffic would not have been an issue if you were ready early enough and booked the car.

You seem like a good-hearted person, Corine, but really...these threads are never a surprise anymore. Something always seems to be someone else's fault. Things don't always have to be so hopeless--be resourceful.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#114WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 9:26am

I'm still pissed off that Access A Ride, which I think is a great thing for people who NEED IT, hires private car services for people to get to parties - business or otherwise.

Talk about wasteful spending.

Corine, I really think you've gone too far with this.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#115WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 9:47am

Let's be fair. Access a Ride apparently *does* have a contract with car companies for unusual destinations or off hours. The intent is to extend mobility to the disabled who are unable to travel by subway or bus. Corine broke her ankle a few months ago, and was found by her physician to qualify for this service.

This is where the system breaks down. Corine, though still struggling with said ankle, has come to view this as an entitlement. She also clearly views herself as disabled which stands in the way of her recovery. Personally, I understand the reluctance to take the subway. But a bus? C'mon.

That being said, this is a systems problem. At some point in time, Corine will have to be reevaluated, will no longer qualify, and will have to make do like the rest of us. Unless she sweet talks her new doctor into signing a form that declares her permanently disabled. Which happens. (And at which time someone will have to call the paramedics because I will be having a stroke....) But technically, she is within her rights to make use of the "service".

The flip side, is that we also have the right to let the extent to which she has embraced her "disabledness" rankle us, especially when we think about who is picking up the tab for that black car to take her to theater events for which she likes to make known she has comp tickets.

I understand that this is the biggest thing that has happened to Corine. And trust me when I tell you, I *do* understand how difficult a broken ankle can be. But it's also irritating that she seems not to be aware that there are many others, including those who post here, who have some incredibly serious physical issues that they are dealing with, too.

Speaking of which, has there been an AbbaRabbit sighting recently? There's a kid who has handled her lot in life with an incredible amount of grace and charity toward others.

Corine, it's not that no one is sympathetic about your plight, but you've exhausted your audience's good will. It's time to move on and start seeing yourself as someone who is well into the recovery phase.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#116WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:31pm

Maybe she should think about donating those Bad Idea Bears to a worthy cause...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#117WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/29/08 at 11:48pm

Corine, have you been to visit your little sort of feathered friend yet? Did he remember you?

PEACE.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#118WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/29/08 at 11:57pm

You guys are awful. I am no longer posting here.
BYE.

FindingNamo
#119WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 12:56am

Wow, Iflit obviously made an effort and spent time to craft a well-written post about issues she is personally and professionally familiar with and gave an opinion in a much gentler way than I would have and it brings about NO response from Corine for 11 days.

And when she does respond, it's to announce YET AGAIN that she's no longer posting here. Good-bye and good luck, Corine, as you limp off into the sunset. Well, limp off for a few steps and then sit down.

TheatreDiva90016
#120WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 1:17am

Who's taking bets on how long she'll be gone?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Manny2
#121WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 1:26am

These past five pages were comedic genius.
Powder and "events of the year" are my new mascots.

TheatreDiva90016
#122WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 1:35am

BYE CORINE!

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#123WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 2:05am

This thread reads like one of those cut-up, opiate-induced literary works of William S. Burroughs

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#124WATCH CORINE MELT!!!!!
Posted: 12/30/08 at 7:29am

How did I ever miss this thread when it was first posted??? SO F-ing FUNNY!!!

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"
Updated On: 12/30/08 at 07:29 AM