pixeltracker

Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush

Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush

bwayj102 Profile Photo
bwayj102
#1Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/30/08 at 10:53pm

Sorry if this has been posted already, but do you guys know if there is going to be student rush available for Gypsy's closing performance? Telecharge shows that all regular seats are sold out for the final show right now, and I couldn't get a straight answer out of the live operator on whether there would be student rush. So...do you know if there will be? If so, is it just the 10 front row seats? Thanks a lot!!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/30/08 at 11:03pm

I just went online and found a number of seats still available. There IS no evening show...the final show is a matinee. (As far as I can tell.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#2re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/30/08 at 11:11pm

Sometimes tickets pop up and sometimes there seems to be nothing left. Maybe it has to do with how many tickets they're holding and keep releasing some if they don't need them?

But anyway, I would keep checking telecharge online or call them to see what's available.

bwayj102 Profile Photo
bwayj102
#3re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 4:49pm

Bump

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#4re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 4:49pm

The BO guy said that there would be rush.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#5re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 4:53pm

What time are people lining up? I am tempted to make the final show my 7th time, but I don't want to line up insanely early.

Broadway Baby 2
#6re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 5:03pm

Id say 5 or 6 am.

#7re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 5:25pm

the last show is a 3 pm matinee. I just got great tix in FM center today at the box office with a coupon from broadway box $ 59.50!!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 5:31pm

I know a couple of people who plan to camp out the night before.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#9re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 5:38pm

I'm out then. I love the show, but don't love it enough to sit outside for that many hours. Maybe I'll just catch the stage door after the show.

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#10re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 12/31/08 at 6:04pm

I'll probably be camping out. I've never done it before. I'm so nervous about not getting tickets . . . what time do people usually show up?

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#11re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/1/09 at 12:16am

I wish I could be there for the final performance, rush or no rush.

I also wish they were filming. What a loss.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#12re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/1/09 at 1:13am

what time do people usually show up?

Well, the earliest you could really assemble out there would be after the evening show on Saturday got out, and the crowd dispersed. So, my guess would be sometime after 11.

bwayj102 Profile Photo
bwayj102
#13re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:00am

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it in today =(. Is anyone there right now? What's the crowd like?

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#14re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:15am

People starting lining up before yesterday's performance and camping out over night.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#15re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:35am

So I got here at midnight and the people in front of me got here at 430 yesterday! It's a fun line though...minus the people asking what we are waiting for while we sit under the Gypsy marquee LOL

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#16re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 10:03am

Lining up at 4:30 pm is crazy, last performance or not. Hopefully they slept and won't be dozing off in the front row...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#17re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 10:23am

"Hopefully they slept and won't be dozing off in the front row..."

I wonder what the LuPone would say to that.

RyToast1
#18re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 10:42am

I can't speak for everyone, but I've been here with Glory and the rest of our gang since midnight. We slept for a little bit. Either way, there's no chance of us falling asleep at the show!!

Soooo excited!

bwayj102 Profile Photo
bwayj102
#19re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:19am

How many people have lined up by now?

RyToast1
#20re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:48am

The line is all the way down to the Helen Hayes. There are about 100 people in line...we're close to the front though!!!

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#21re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 1:10pm

I was there! It was a fun/cold night. Absolutely worth it, but I don't know if I'd do it again.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#22re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 1:16pm

I've done the overnight thing for Rent in downtown Boston like four/five years ago and it was a lot of fun, so if I was in NYC, I'd have been tempted.

Btw, how have many student tickets did they release? Anyone know?

Londonskyguy
#23re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 1:25pm

Rytoast1, I hope we get a full report from you later this evening. It would be appreaciated!

RyToast1
#24re: Gypsy Closing Night Student Rush
Posted: 1/11/09 at 1:42pm

A full report indeed! It's sure to be an emotional afternoon.

Videos