Daniel Radcliffe "Ask a Star"

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#1Daniel Radcliffe "Ask a Star"
Posted: 1/3/09 at 3:46pm

Daniel Radcliffe's "Ask a Star" has been posted and I have to say, it's pretty entertaining. I hope that Eqqus isn't the last we see of him on the Broadway stage.

http://www.broadway.com/Ask-a-Star-Answers-Daniel-Radcliffe/broadway_video/5018713

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#2re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 4:05pm

I love it-- he says the most adorably crazy things. I was cracking up by the time I got to the bit about the Harry Potter musical. I always think that Daniel Radcliffe always seems terribly physically awkward, though, in interviews or in film. I think he's really better suited for theatre, because his face looks kind of... half-paralyzed up close, in a John McCainish sort of way.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 4:10pm

He's so funny

but I think it wasn't too swift of him to say when he gets to the theater in an interview.. people are crazy out there

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#3re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 4:16pm

The thing about Dan Radcliffe is that he always seems utterly bewildered about having fans. Every interview of him I've seen, he always has this look of dazed awe whenever he mentions anything about fans. And he's been in the public eye since he was like eleven. Maybe things are different in England?

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#4re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 4:45pm

I've always enjoyed Dan Radcliffe in Harry Potter, and he always came across as a pretty decent guy, but I've come to really love him recently. Not only was he amazing in Equus, but it's lovely to see him so into theater and the whole Broadway community.

plus, you gotta love a guy who watches SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents before going to do Equus.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#5re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 4:50pm

I love the way he readily admits to being 'immature.' How many former child stars are willing to say that?

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#6re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 6:34pm

Incredibly charming.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

kate2
#7re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:14pm

I was never a Radcliffe/Harry Potter fan, but after seeing him in interviews and in Equus, he has totally won me over with his charm! I absolutely love that he embraces his dorky/immature side!

xbri0432x
#8re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:25pm

wow. i love him more and more each time i see his interviews. why must he be so incredibly charming? :)

"My two best friends are Liza Minelli and a tomato." - Penelope (SNL)

argon321
#9re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:50pm

Yeah, things are different in England (or at least they were when I lived there.) It's a small country - you trip over "famous" people all the time. Not such as big deal as here - although I'd think the intense tweenie-bopper attention anywhere would have him wearing chainmail.

louisamayfoster Profile Photo
louisamayfoster
#10re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:56pm

VERY sweet!

I wish I would have seen Equus this past week instead of Phantom.

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#11re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/4/09 at 12:05am

He's so adorable and has a very endearing personality. I always laugh when he does interviews.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#12re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/4/09 at 12:13am

Did he answer Hulbee's question:

"I mean I really liked him in Harry Potter, but watching him in his "Equus" and various Broadway interviews, he's so sweet and cute and smart and I'm out of nowhere wondering if he likes older, chubby men.....?"

PEACE.

Mattbrain
#13re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:40pm

I loved it!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#14re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:59pm

YES! He said when he gets to the theater!

Now I can meet him there and get him to answer my questions, and give him the newest draft of my marriage proposal!

(but don't tell him, I want to be a surprise... shhhhhh...)

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

Winston3
#15re: Daniel Radcliffe 'Ask a Star'
Posted: 1/4/09 at 4:27pm

I know someone who works off Broadway and he came up to her to ask for directions to get out of Central Park where he got himself lost in. She and her friend ended up walking him back to his house. And as a way to say thanks he offered them tickets to the show and that they should pick them out at the stage door. He was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap and they were all joking about how he was surprised that they were able to figure out who he was. When they got to the stage door one of the body guards came out and they told them who they were and what was going on. The guard was upset. Not at them because he had heard that they were coming to get tickets. He was upset at him for going off into the city and walking around without the body guards there. Later on my voice teacher ran into him when they were doing Gypsy of the Year. And he was talking about how he just doesn't get why he needs a body guard to walk around the city. And, that he feels that it is because he can't fathom the idea of having fans or having anyone who wants to do him harm.

Goodbye Sister Disco

Videos