ljay889
#2re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 1:25am

Love it.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 1:27am

You can also see the TV Commercial here.
http://www.guysanddollsbroadway.com/media.html

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 1:55am

... much easier this way. re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic

re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:04am

Here, I'll post the picture so that you guys can see it!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:17am

She looks absolutely stunning. I know the blonde wig has been criticized on here, many feel Adelaide should be a redhead, but I don't think it matters either way.

I'm greatly looking forward to her performance. I imagine she's going to surprise a lot of people. Her work on Gilmore Girls, for which she, at the very least, deserved many Emmy nominations, was remarkable.

A lot of people seem to be gunning for this production. Many feel the London revival should have transferred. While that would have been nice, I find some of these casting choices to be riskier with great potential to pay off. Platt is a magnificent comedian. Kate Jennings Grant has the acting chops to play Sarah Brown with the layers she deserves. And Bierko screams Sky. I still feel his Robert Preston heavy performance is Music Man was a directorial decision. Or lack of direction. I've been impressed with much of his film and television work, loved his work on Sex and the City, and look forward to his Sky.

The only casting I'm not sold on his Titus Burgess.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#6re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:22am

I have to agree with you on Titus....

Lauren is absolutely radiant in that wig and if you read her article she said don't judge my singing ability by the episode in which she sang drunk...hahahaha

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:25am

He could surprise us. I have it mapped out in my head as to how he'll sing "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat". I hope he proves me wrong.

RentBoy86
#8re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:26am

And lest we forget Testa!

Hahabimbi Profile Photo
Hahabimbi
#9re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:28am

Lauren is the pretties Adelaide so far for me . I hope her performance will be as pretty:))

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:29am

Lauren Graham (Miss Adelaide) is thrilled to be making her Broadway debut in Guys & Dolls. For her performance as Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls", Graham was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, two SAG Awards and two Television Critics Association Awards. Feature films include Flash of Genius, Evan Almighty, Because I Said So, Bad Santa, The Pacifier, The Amateurs, Birds of America, Nightwatch and One True Thing. Graham last appeared onstage in Once in a Lifetime at the Williamstown Theatre Festival. Graham next stars opposite Jeff Daniels in Arlen Faber, premiering at this year's Sundance Film Festival.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#11re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:29am

Isn't Testa's role pretty much a throw away part and dosent appear till the very end?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#12re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:33am

Basically. But, oh, Lauren looks wonderful in that wig. I couldn't be more excited for her performance. If you watch that interview video though, when they're interviewing Des McAnuff, you can see a little glimpse of the set. The little I saw kinda made me uneasy, since I saw some metal outlines ala Jersey Boys. Oh well, I'm still hopeful.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

RentBoy86
#13re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:39am

Ugh, the Jersey Boys set was awfully boring. What was with the rotating drummer player? I thought that whole show was a waste of time, but to each his own.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:41am

Graham is a talented girl but man, looking at her resume, she's been in some awful, awful movies.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#15re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:46am

Maybe this is her time to really shine and move onto a new career.

DryMartini Profile Photo
DryMartini
#16re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 8:49am

The current TV commercial is actually kind of great. I was hoping the London version would transfer, but the new ad has got me excited for this production.

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#17re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 9:28am

Does anyone know where you can find the list for the full cast? Other than the four leads and Mary and Titus being mentioned in the Broadway.com video, I can't find a cast list. I'm curious who Mary will be playing. As well as the who is in the rest of the cast. Thanks.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#18re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 9:38am

I'm gonna post it down here in case you guys don't want to have to scroll back up to see the other ones!

You're welcome.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 9:46am

The picture is nice, but that television ad is absolutely dreadful.

dapperchapper
#20re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 10:28am

I think THAT photo is beautiful.

However, on the front page of the website, there is a photo of all four of them, and that wig looks awful. So, I'm not sure yet...

Here is the photo

SingingCats Profile Photo
SingingCats
#21re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 10:39am

That photo IS beautiful. Can't wait to see the show!

Jon
#22re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 11:44am

I think it's fair to assume mary Testa is General Cartwright, seeing how it's the only other female speaking role in the show.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#23re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 1:49pm

Testa is Gen. Cartwright, and while it is technically a throwaway role, it can be incredibly hilarious in capable hands.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

ashley0139
#24re: Lauren Graham - Guys and Dolls Promo Pic
Posted: 1/16/09 at 3:48pm

Graham is a talented girl but man, looking at her resume, she's been in some awful, awful movies.

Throughout the years I have made it a point to see every movie of hers I can - and boy is this statement the truth! Lucky 13 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but in all the movies she manages to stand out. I have yet to see Birds of America and am looking forward to seeing her with Matthew Perry.

Back on topic, I am so excited to see this!!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos