pixeltracker

Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!- Page 4

Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#75re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 9:34pm

Saw it for the second time last night and once again loved it so much!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#76re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 9:37pm

"Change It" and "Always A Woman" were still in on Saturday, so assuming they're in for good.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

ClumsyDude15
#77re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 9:56pm

They were in yesterday, as well. I actually liked "Always A Woman" better the second time around. I really always enjoyed "Change It" from first preview and even more so the second time around, of course, I wasn't familiar with the songs they replaced.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
ClumsyDude15
#79re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 10:04pm

I couldn't agree more, Rocks!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#80re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 10:05pm

I love that clip too, it really shows how fun the show is.

The 'I Just Might' clip is great as well, it shows that the show has some emotion to it.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 4/28/09 at 10:05 PM

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#81re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 10:10pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that they have released some opening night tickets! I grabbed mine and am SO excited!

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#82re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/28/09 at 10:21pm

I am going to see this again at the end of August. I got row B in the orchestra, center. Is this the first or 2nd row? I remember sitting in the front row off to the side for "Millie" a few years ago. How's the view, if anyone has sat this close?

Loved it the 1st time, and can't wait to see it again!

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#83re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 1:34pm

The final (and best, in my opinion) preview video. For those asking for Megan, here she is...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#84re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 3:25pm

I love all those videos. re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
PiraguaGuy2
#86re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:05pm

She DOES NOT. And she totally deserves it. Kathy is a revelation.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Yankeefan007
#87re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:13pm

I like the cast and Megan Hilty's hot, but, even having been offered free tickets TWICE already, I still have no interest in seeing this show.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#88re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:17pm

If I was offered tickets to any show I would take them and see the show, you never know if you might like it. You could be missing out.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

PiraguaGuy2
#89re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:20pm

I don't know why you wouldn't take free tickets to any Broadway show. I'd be happy to accept them.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#90re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:33pm

Great last video and I agree it is the best one. I really loved Kathy Fitzgerald kissing all the men. I was lucky enough to have that happen to me twice in L.A. So happy that Kathy gets to shine on Broadway after all the years she worked in local community theatre groups. Attagirl Kathy!

colorandlight2
#91re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:35pm

That "Heart to Hart" number was really fantastic. Kathy is hilarious and oh what a voice!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#92re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:40pm

Yankee, if you're getting offered comps, TAKE THEM.

It's nothing groundbreaking or incredible but for free?! You can't beat that. I doubt once the summer rolls around comps will be as available. Take the free tickets while you can and go see it...it's a ton of fun. Even if you're not chomping at the bit to see it, GO with comps! It's totally worth it.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#93re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:46pm

I saw this last night and really enjoyed myself. We needed a good new musical comedy this season, and this show fits the bill.

It's not perfect, but I laughed plenty, and left with a smile on my face, so that was good enough for me, especially given the level of disappointment I have had with this season's batch of new musicals.

Megan Hilty had the audience in the palm of her hands from start to finish. Stephanie J. Block developed a fully realized character, and she blew the roof off the house with her voice. Allison Janney had the comedy down perfectly, but the fact that she cannot sing is made so glaringly obvious by the fact that Megan and Stephanie are such powerhouse singers. But still, they make for a great trio.

Marc Kudisch had less stage time than I would have hoped, but he was a perfect fit for his role, and Kathy Fitzgerald was hilarious in her role.

I enjoyed Andy Blankenbuehler's choreography, and the scenic and costume design.

I did feel as though Andy Karl was a bit wasted, but he did a great job with what he was given, and I'm just glad to see that such a talented guy is working period.

The show is filling the theatre quite well, and awards or no awards, I have a feeling this show is going to be a big hit come summer time. I hope all three leading ladies are nominated for Tonys.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#94re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:00am

Saw it tonight.
Loved it.

Wouldn't be surprised if 9-to-5 pulls an upset on Billy Elliot for the top Tony (Billy had its spotlight in London, I feel this is more of a feel-good American musical to take a trophy)

Laughed REALLY hard at the very end when we learn what each character goes on to do in life... when Alison Janney says her character "later went on to" (don't want to spoil the surprise) but laughed SO HARD

Megan Hilty OWNED it. What a transformation from ditzy blonde good-witch to WOMAN!

Stephanie can SANG! Loved the power belt at the end of her Act 2 number. Totally laughed out-loud (with a smattering of other people in the mezz) when she sang the lyric "No good deed goes unpunished"

Dancer/ensemble member Neil Haskell is TOTALLY cute.

Just great staging and incredible production value. Fab sets and dancing and lights and continuity. VERY FUN

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#95re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:29am

Saw it tonight as well. Loved the show. So much fun

The dancers that I noticed the most in the ensemble were Timothy George Anderson, Jeremy Davis and Ioana Alfonso. Otherwise known as the black male dancer, bald male dancer and female hispanic dancer.

Always nice to see a little diversity/non-traditional casting! Emphasis on little. :p

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#96re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:31am

And Barbara Walters was in the audience tonight. She had a good laugh during a certain reference in the show.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

ClumsyDude15
#97re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:34am

So excited for opening to happen! :]

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#98re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:58am

is Allison wearing a wig as Violet now or did she grow her hair out? Either way it looks nice a little longer than her usual

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#99re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
Posted: 4/30/09 at 6:38pm

How's center orch row B? I already have my ticket, but I'm just wondering. Last time I was in center mezz row A.