SHREK Album now live on iTunes

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#1SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 10:27am

For those who are out of the loop or haven't been following, SHREK'S cast album is now up on iTunes!

It sounds wonderful.

Just wondering who Chris Hoch is and why he's the only name on "Story of my Life" ? Seems odd. They could have just put Various Artists.

Regardless, it really is great!

pli1018
#2re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 10:38am

Chris Hoch is the Wolf, I believe.

PiraguaGuy2
#2re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:57pm

That "artist" labeling really grinds my gears. It's easy enough to change on your own, but I'd like to see iTunes label tracks the way I do - all the actors who have solos on the track, in order of singing, with "and company" added on to the end if it's an ensemble number. I make the "album artist" Cast of _______ to make it alphabetical in Cover Flow.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#3re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 1:56pm

That's how it usually is on iTunes, I've found. So why is SHREK an exception?

It is the distributor (the label) that is responsible for the correct artist descriptions.

KirbyCat
#4re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 3:51pm

Yeah, pretty shotty artist labeling on their part... And yes, Chris Hoch IS the wolf.
I also find it funny how Chris Seiber's name is last in What's Up Duloc. And for Freak Flag they have it as various artists. Hmm...

I go through my obsessions with shows every month or so. This past month, it's been a mix between Billy Elliot and Cabaret. Now of course this month will be Shrek. I know everybody hates the score, but I personally think it sounds quite beautiful. I actually got choked up listening to Who I'd Be. Well, I also did in the theater too... haha re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Updated On: 3/24/09 at 03:51 PM

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#5re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 4:12pm

Is it me or did they splice Sutton's part in "I Know Its Today" from the demo in?

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 4:17pm

It's not the same.

Sounds like it but I'm pretty sure it's not from the demo. Listen closely.

It's an okay recording...WHO I'D BE is the best song in the show and it sounds great though. The best numbers on the recording are the ensemble songs.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 4:36pm

I enjoy the score much more listening to it than I did in the theatre. I still feel Act 2 is a whole lot stronger than Act 1. I'm a tad disappointed they didn't include Christopher Sieber's Elphaba riff and the full dance break for Morning Person (I love the sax part in that, and I was looking forward to that)- but it's a fairly strong cast recording.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 3/24/09 at 04:36 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#8re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 6:19pm

I love the CD!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#9re: SHREK Album now live on iTunes
Posted: 3/24/09 at 9:27pm

Just bought it, and I am LOVING this cast recording! Sure, the score isn't perfect, but the songs are catchy and fun to sing along with!

I love Chris Seiber's voice....so manly! Haha.

Videos