pixeltracker

Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery- Page 3

Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:18pm

It definitely was the highpoint of the opening, and possibly of the whole show.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

kate2
#51re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:04pm

I read on Yahoo news that he fractured his nose!

FindingNamo
#52re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:08pm

People says nothing was fractured, and though he'd hoped to hit after-parties, he was instead getting x-rays!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Man in Chair
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#55re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 8:05pm

His rep says his nose is broken.

It could have been a lot worse.

Personally, I don't think anyone breaking or bruising anything is humorous.
Bret fractures nose

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

Chrysanthemum62001
#56re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:26pm

I thought it was hysterical. He shoulda been at the rehearsal!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#57re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:44pm

It's hilarious.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#58re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:59pm

Oh I simply love MeMeMee's comment that people getting hurt isn't funny and they don't laugh at it.

I will bet my left testicle that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ON THE FACE OF PLANET EARTH has not laughed one time when their best friend hit their head on a ceiling fan or while getting out of a car or walked into a wall or pole.

People getting hurt can be funny! In fact physical comedy, an entire genre of comedy that's based on people getting hurt or being bumbling fools, is one of the oldest and most popular forms of comedy.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

defyingravity07
#59re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:00am

re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery

LOL

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#60re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:03am

The truly sad part about all of this is that we've been denied the reactions of the Rock of Ages cast. The looks on their faces as this happened right in front of them had to be priceless.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

FindingNamo
#61re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:08am

And poor Stockard!

I'm still waiting to hear if Tag and MeMeMeee have registered their displeasure with Neil Patrick Harris for making a joke about it heard by millions of viewers mere seconds after the incident? I mean, why yell at a few posters in a thread read by hundreds of people when millions heard him mock something that could have but wasn't but could have but wasn't very bad but could have but didn't but could have but didn't seriously injure Brett Michaels?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

defyingravity07
#62re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:11am

How funny is it that I put in "Bret Michaels" on google & the first suggestion was "Bret Michaels tony awards"

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#63re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:31am

Stockard seemed to have no idea what had happened. If she did she didn't miss a beat - professional.

And Jimmy Fallon is talking about this now

"He lost his balance when he looked out into the audience and realized he was at the Tonys"

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#64re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:39am

Jimmy did a skit where he was telling jokes (and bombing) at the revealing of the new iPhone. At the end of the skit he put on a cowboy hat and walked into a giant iPhone that had been lowered behind him.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#65re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:45am

Try to watch even 30 seconds of his reality show,
than watch him walk into that flat,
and fall on his ass.
It's classic whether sad or funny.

Chrysanthemum62001
#66re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:51am

The sad thing is, I am totally obsessed with Rock of Love.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#67re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:26am

Thank you, gravity07!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:41am

Rock of Love was/is amazing. Obviously for all of the trashy girls. He's boring.

J'aime GG Profile Photo
J'aime GG
#69re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 7:09am

I just hope they were able to clean all the chlamydia off the stage before Hair's number.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#70re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 10:13am

From a PEOPLE magazine article:

"He told me, 'All I remember is Shrek and the donkey helping me up, and Liza giving me a towel,'" says his rep, Joann Mignano. "And Bret was laughing when he heard Neil Patrick Harris said he gave new meaning to 'headbanging.' "

Despite his injuries, she says, "Bret did not walk off the stage angry or in a hissy fit. He was honored to be asked to participate and be amongst Broadway royalty, like Liza and Sir Elton. He did the red carpet, and he was taking pictures with Angela Lansbury backstage. He was so happy to be there."

Bret Michaels's Tonys Mishap: Shrek and Donkey Helped Me Up

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

jagfkb
#71re: Brett Michaels vs. Tony awards scenery
Posted: 6/9/09 at 10:47am

The way the scenery came down next to how he was positioned next to it, I almost though his head had been chopped off, and the cowboy hat sitting on the stage did nothing but assist the picture. If that had happened, I guess tale of two cities would have made an appearance on the show afterall...

Videos