Into the Woods Question

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#1Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 2:28am

Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there who has been involved with a production of Into the Woods would share how they did Rapunzel's hair. What did you use? Where did you get it? Thanks!

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#2re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 2:50am

We had a detachable wig...

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 3:01am

Ours was fabricated using two or three rapunzel wigs from a Halloween shop as one alone was not long enough and then the pieces were braided around an actual rope that the witch used to climb during "Our Little World". The end of the rope was longer than the visible hair and securely attached to the inside of the tower.

husk_charmer
#3re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 9:02am

^ With the exception of "Our Little World" that's basically how we did it (we cut the song). We also didn't have it attached to Rapunzel's head, so there was a seperate long wig that drapped over the front of it, and since our Witch never had to phyiscally climb into the tower (it rolled off before it happened), it wasn't an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 9:18am

Gotta love admitting to violating the terms of their rights and royalties!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

husk_charmer
#5re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 9:23am

Unless something has changed, Our Little World is optional, since it wasn't in the original production (which is what is liscenced).

Also, most companies, especially with High School productions, are fine with cutting songs, it's the addition of new songs that causes problems.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 10:55am

Yeah, you're allowed to cut Our Little World. I've seen it both with and without it, and can't decide which I like better.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#7re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 11:42am

When I did the show in high school (though that was a few years ago), Our Little World was noted as "optional" in the script. We did the song (I was the Witch - so much fun!), mainly to give our Rapunzel more to sing (she had a lovely voice). I found the harmonies a b****, though.

There were alternate pages if you wanted to not use Our Little World that, of course, flowed like the Broadway production book.

gypsy4
#8re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 1:06pm

Our little world is noted as optional most productions cut because of time it's already a 3hr show. but I love the song
it really give rapunzel more stage time.

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#9re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 1:13pm

I once saw a production that used 3 yellow towels braided together. No joke.

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#10re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 2:12pm

When we did it we cut out the role of Rapunzel.

PiraguaGuy2
#11re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 2:15pm

It's marked as optional in the MTI edition. There are two versions of the surrounding script pages, ones that account for the song and ones that do not.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

DavidPatrickS82
#12re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 6:11pm

Velcro

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#13re: Into the Woods Question
Posted: 6/13/09 at 11:58pm

I think my school just had a huge wig, but I'm not sure where they got it.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

Videos