News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews- Page 2

A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews

BoringBoredBoard40
#25A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 4:39am

Silver and Gold is the song used 

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#26A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 8:01am

The song’s actually Justice Delivers it’s Death, it just opens and closes with lyrics from Silver and Gold, the name of the album from which it originated.

Anyway, the use of the song is brilliant, as is the overall production. Jefferson Mays is exceptional as always. I’m surprised some people are upset at the darker elements, it’s not like there isn’t basis for it from the source material.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#27A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 8:25am

chrishuyen said: "Melissa25 said: "I love Jefferson Mays but this show felt toooooooo long and my ears hurt after thirty minutes. He talks non-stop so even though he is performing different characters, it felt almost like I was stuck in a non stop monologue. I was sitting in Side Orchestra C so I could see facial expressions and lighting but missed set effects. The last scene was quite beautiful but I cannot recommend this unless you love monologues."

Legitimate question and I'm not trying to be snarky, but isn't that what you expect from a one man show? Like...there's only gonna be one person on stage talking so what were you expecting?

One person shows can also have substantial moments of imagery and movement that are non-verbal. The performer doesn't need to talk non stop.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#28A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 9:54am

Has anyone had any success with the Bob Crachit free tickets? I applied earlier in the week for next week but haven't heard back either way yet.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#29A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/16/22 at 1:30pm

I watched this show and it looked like there was a school group present as I saw a lot of students of high school age. 

I watched from rear orchestra section and overall the audience was quiet and respectful. Didn't have any noise issues and since there was no intermission, a few people did stand up to leave their seats and go to the bathroom and return. 

I'm glad they brought this to Broadway. Unfortunately I think its grosses will only get better after Thanksgiving when most New Yorkers will be more in the holiday spirit. I hope it does well and I do think families can watch this but it may be better to do so with older kids than toddlers. The Jack Thorne version at the Lyceum theater back in 2019 is better for younger kids. 

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#30A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:28pm

Anyone interested in seeing this tomorrow, Friday, November 18h at 8pm? I have an extra ticket. PM if interested!

hearthemsing22
#31A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:28pm

Just a quick question...

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

When there were other people behind Jefferson onstage, those were projections, right? I feel like it should be obvious but just want to make sure. 

BETTY22
#32A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:38pm

Amazing Opening night list:

Hugh Jackman, Remy Auberjonois, Christy Altomare, Alex Boniello, Gabrielle Carrubba, Philip Boykin, Jason Robert Brown, Danny Burstein, Gino Coscullcuela, Emma Crow, Matt Doyle, Claybourne Elder, Andrew Barth Feldman, Sean Grandillo, Lena Hall, Shuler Hensley, Jayne Houdyshell, Daniel K. Isaac, Nikki M. James, Hailey Kilgore,Sky Lakota-Lynch, L. Morgan Lee, Adriane Lenox, Mark Linn-Baker, Douglas Lyons, Camryn Manheim, AnneMarie Milazzo, Bonnie Milligan, Benjamin Pajak, Shereen Pimentel, Bryce Pinkham, John Rapson, T. Oliver Reid, Conrad Ricamora, Jason Veasey, Jessica Vosk, Chris Wheeldon, Doug Wright, Alex Wyse and more will be on hand to celebrate the opening of A Christmas Carol at the Nederlander Theatre.

hearthemsing22
#33A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:01pm

BETTY22 said: "Amazing Opening night list:

Hugh Jackman,Remy Auberjonois,Christy Altomare,Alex Boniello,Gabrielle Carrubba,Philip Boykin,Jason Robert Brown,Danny Burstein,GinoCoscullcuela,Emma Crow,Matt Doyle,Claybourne Elder,Andrew Barth Feldman,Sean Grandillo,Lena Hall,Shuler Hensley,Jayne Houdyshell,Daniel K. Isaac,Nikki M. James,Hailey Kilgore,Sky Lakota-Lynch,L. Morgan Lee,Adriane Lenox,Mark Linn-Baker,Douglas Lyons,Camryn Manheim,AnneMarie Milazzo,Bonnie Milligan,Benjamin Pajak,Shereen Pimentel,Bryce Pinkham,John Rapson,T. Oliver Reid,Conrad Ricamora,Jason Veasey,Jessica Vosk,Chris Wheeldon,Doug Wright,Alex Wyseand more will be on hand to celebrate the opening ofA Christmas Carolat the Nederlander Theatre.
"

WOW. I know someone will be there trying to get pictures and things signed...I feel like they're one step behind stalker behavior. 

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#34A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:46pm

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 11/17/22 at 04:46 PM

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#35A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 11/18/22 at 10:53pm

Fabulous production. Jefferson Mays is a gem. Staging, lighting, sound - everything built to enhance his performance. Probably the best show I’ve seen all year. Don’t miss this!!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#36A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 12/21/22 at 1:35am

I thought this was quite charming and did get me in the holiday spirit. I would be lying if I said I didn’t shed a tear or two. The physical production is quite grand and atmospheric, which was fabulous.

The audience was horrific, many people getting up and leaving, changing seats, talking, unwrapping candy. So unbelievably irritating.

Unfortunately, it was rather hard to understand Mays at times, especially as Marley.

Definitely recommend. :)

willep
#37A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 12/21/22 at 6:59am

I’ve seen this twice now and was enthralled both times. Mays is a fantastic storyteller. My biggest complaint is how rushed the climactic graveyard scene is. If I wasn’t familiar with the story I would have no idea that it was Scrooge’s grave. They’ve had this elaborate set with lights and turntables for the past hour and a half and they couldn’t take ten seconds to light up the tombstone and spin it around to make it clear/have a bigger impact?

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#38A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 12/21/22 at 9:36am

TotallyEffed said: "I thought this was quite charming and did get me in the holiday spirit. I would be lying if I said I didn’t shed a tear or two. The physical production is quite grand and atmospheric, which was fabulous.

The audience was horrific, many people getting up and leaving, changing seats, talking, unwrapping candy. So unbelievably irritating.

Unfortunately, it was rather hard to understand Mays at times, especially as Marley.

Definitely recommend. :)
"

Fascinating about the audience, as I saw an early preview with a heavily paper house and it was the same. Easily the worst audience I've ever been in, You'd think it was a baseball game on a quiet tuesday with a losing team.

I wonder what is about...is that just the Times Square crowd it attracts?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#39A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
Posted: 12/21/22 at 9:46am

I got the impression that many people were surprised this is a one man show.

Videos