News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Andrea McArdle

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#25re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/1/07 at 8:34am

She also played Eponine in the Philadelphia engagement of the 3rd national tour of Les Misérables during the late 90's.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#26re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/1/07 at 8:49am

I saw her play Evita opposite Adrian Zmed as Che a little over 10 years ago, she was quite good as I recall.
Funny side note, it was at a theater I used to work for , and she showed up once for the 3pm Sunday matinee at 2:55pm. LOL!

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#27re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/1/07 at 8:59am

"Funny side note, it was at a theater I used to work for , and she showed up once for the 3pm Sunday matinee at 2:55pm. LOL!"

OMG, what was her excuse?

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

dancinfan
#28re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:13am

I'm not sure everyone would agree that she is always a doll/dream to work with. She had an infamous feud with the music director at Beauty and the Beast over her urge to riff during A Change In Me. And more than once, she went up on her lyrics during Home, leaving the audience listening to the gorgeous orchestrations for as long as an entire verse or bridge.

But I would agree that she loves to perform. Needs to. And sounds amazing.
Updated On: 7/2/07 at 10:13 AM

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#29re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/1/07 at 5:27pm

I was just wondering what she was up to. She's a star I'd really like to see in something. I love her cameo in the TV movie ANNIE and love her on my STATE FAIR CD.
Broadway Blog: From the Mouth of Alan Jay Lerner

GHOSTLIGHT2
#30re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 5:42pm

With all due respect dancinfan, one quarel does not make for a bad attitude.
We all have worked for jerks(unless of course YOU are a jerk,in wich case You realy should be self employed)but look at the nonsense She has had to put up with.

State Fair:She tried to do it the way She does best - barefooted but the Director mandated She HAD to wear saddle shoes that hurt Her feet.
She broke Her foot in several places.

With Starlight Express She had a Choreographer insist that the dancers dance in a mannor that the human body was not desighned to on rollerskates.
In that show She fractured Her jaw.
She was one of the lucky ones.

Are You seeing a pattern here? when She Has blindly listened to others nothing good has come from it.

Shure there was not (to My knoledge)risk of life and limb in Beauty and the Beast but those experiences should have taught Her not to jump simply because She is told to.
Andrea sings in a unique way that is natural to Her and they wanted Her to do it the very opposte way She has always done it.
It is not simply a habit for Her to belt out when She sings,it is a talent that is as unique and natural as breathing is for us.
I can see it from the Music Directors point of view but only SHE can know what is natural for Her voice.
Does She sing in a compromised manner and keep the peace or give the Audience what they paid for?

Updated On: 7/3/07 at 05:42 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#31re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 7:36pm

Speaking of Andrea, her performance in the Prince Theatre's production of Annie Get Your Gun was just referenced in a question on Jeopardy.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

dancinfan
#32re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:37pm

Actually, Andrea sings straight (without blues riffs) very, very well (as she has done her whole life, starting with Annie), so no one was asking her to sing the opposite way of what she does well. She was just having a bored feud with the music director over tempos. I have no explanation of why she went up on lyrics more than once, do you?

Relax. She's a cool chick. Certain days during her long and honorable run at Beauty, she was not at her greatest, but no one is perfect every day.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#33re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:42pm

And she's not the only one I've heard who has gone up on their lyrics. Sometimes that happens to the best of people during long runs.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Flaunt It
#34re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 9:59pm

Anyone hear about her Ogunquit CABARET opening night... she left the stage midway through act 1 and refused to return. The show was stopped for a half hour for "technical difficulties." When she finally returned to the stage there was a tension between her and the cast you could feel. It was like being at a dinner party where the hosts fight in the kitchen so loud you can hear it.. and all you want is dessert do you can leave!

Luvinbroadway Profile Photo
Luvinbroadway
#35re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:19pm

"Shure there was not (to My knoledge)"

Love her, Love her CD..Loved her at Birdland last year..etc...
Some really bad spelling and English here (Ghostlight2)!

Updated On: 7/3/07 at 10:19 PM

GHOSTLIGHT2
#36re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:25pm

Actualy dancinfan if You actualy look and listen You will find that they did indeed want Her to sing softer and lower than Her unsual range.
She got the job (acording to Her) because the producers heard Her sing in 'head voice' and not Her usual style and wanted Her to do thier show.
She wanted to do it the way She knew to do it they wanted Her to do it the way they heard Her before.
Bouth sides came to an agreement in the end as civilised people do.
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 12:25 PM

Action2 Profile Photo
Action2
#37re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/6/07 at 3:17pm

I saw her and Felicia Finnley once as guests on a cabaret of Gashole (you don't know Gashole? Shame on you!). They sang a Heart duet and it was amazing.
Gashole

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#38re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/6/07 at 3:24pm

During Debbie/Deborah Gibson's run in BEAUTY & THE BEAST, she elaborated on CNN's SHOWBIZ TODAY how the producers of the show were very particular about how Belle had to be sung. She sang a verse of "Belle" in her style of singing; then sang the same verse in the style the producers wanted. It was interesting to hear the noticible difference.

TapTapTapioca
#39re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/6/07 at 3:27pm

What is she talking about that she will never get to play Sally on Broadway because she isn't a "star"? Susan Egan is about as famous as she is and she played it on Broadway. Heather Laws played it on Broadway and she isn't famous at all.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

GHOSTLIGHT2
#40re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 3:18pm

Exactly, She is a bigger name than a lot of people working today.
She IS a star who apparently doesn't realise it.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#41re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 3:27pm

Flaunt It, Theatrediva90016 was her dresser on that CABARET. She was in the right that evening as he tells the story. I won't remember it well enough to tell it, but I'm sure he'll be happy to.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#42re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 3:58pm

Her brother Michael is very cute.

BrodyFosse123
#43re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 5:09pm

Andrea's brother Mike (on the left) and Eddie Varley:

re: Andrea McArdle

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#44re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 5:54pm

Is that someone tweaking Mike McCardle's nipple?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#45re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 6:14pm

I believe that's Jamie McGonnigal's hand on Mike's tit, but what do I know?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

BrodyFosse123
#46re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 6:14pm

as luck would have it -- that's yours truly tweaking Michael's right nipple.

TheatreFan48
#47re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/7/07 at 6:24pm

I had the pleasure of seeing her in a touring production of "Oliver" a few years ago. Hearing her sing "As Long As He Needs Me" was worth the price of the ticket. What a voice!!

TapTapTapioca
#48re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/9/07 at 7:40pm

Does he also perform?

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

blueroses
#49re: Andrea McArdle
Posted: 7/9/07 at 7:50pm

I adore this woman. Her voice is still incredibly special (and she has really taken care of it). I could listen to her for hours on end.

Videos