Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#1

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 10/04/2026 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section. Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity)

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity)


Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

#2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

Numbers are up this week pretty much because of OTHER DESERT CITIES alone.

Happy trails to Michael Ivan Carrier, original Broadway cast member of & JULIET who left the show over the weekend.


“I am furious, but I am sailing.”
#4

Re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

I didn’t necessarily think so at first, but OTHER DESERT CITIES is looking like the bank heist of the season. Glad I got my tickets early.

That STRANGER THINGS number is an embarrassment, especially now that we’re in spooky season.

OH, MARY also held up well even with Bowen’s preplanned 4 show absence. I think it’s clear at this point that the show is pretty much impervious to pretty much any obstacle. The only time they ever show anything remotely close to weakness for them (which even then would be a gross of about 1.5-2x their regular running cost) is if they have a Mary who is in the role for too long and/or more of a cult favorite. But all the $$$ they get when big stars are on board subsidizes those “lesser” weeks when they can experiment with casting more.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#7

Re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

Nettik said: "Anyone know why Lion King only played seven shows this week?"

The Saturday matinee was cancelled due to technical difficulties.


“I am furious, but I am sailing.”
#8

Re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/26

I have begun to think that Chicago may outlast Phantom, something I never thought was conceivable. If it can continue to have the success it has recently had with stunt casting of people I have never even heard of, thanks to Reality TV, who knows how long it can last. The fact that it made more than this year's Tony winner for Best Musical, which has not even been open for six months, and only made $50K less than The Lost Boys, which has also not yet run for 6 months, is staggering. I may be wrong, but I am thinking that it may just have its highest grossing year ever in 2026.

We may also be in territory that we have not been in for decades with non-musicals, thanks to Harry Potter and Oh, Mary. However they count their performances (given several years of two performances being required to see one play)...BW says they have completed their 1,996th performance post opening; but given their opening date -- and taking 18 months of Covid out of the equation -- at 8 performances a week, they have probably 'gone on' for close to 3,000 times since opening. You have to go back to the 1930s to have a non-musical have that many performances. Re Oh! Mary, BW says that it has already run 931 performances since opening, and it shows no signs of slowing down. Given its success with stunt casting, and what I assume is a low weekly breakeven with lesser names in the title role, I can also see this running for years into the future. wen is the last time a comedy ran for a thousand performances, let alone a couple of thousand, which I believe is likely to happen, at the very least.

On other fronts, I am really surprised that Billy Crystal did not sell out, particularly when ODC sold out with an average ticket price of $275 (vs. Crystal's $159).

I find it very interesting that MJ grossed considerably more last week (hundreds of thousands of dollars more) than comparable weeks the past two years, and very close to the same week 3 years ago. I am thinking for the first time that this one is going to be around 5 years from now, which would represent over 4,000 performances.

Yet, despite this being a good week, it sure seems that an awful lot of musicals that have not announced closing dates -- BVSC, Gatsby (Vanity producer), Outsiders, MHE, Rocky Horror and maybe BOM -- are losing money every week. I wonder if the theatre owners have given them deals rather than have a bunch of empty theatres.

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59