News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 5:30pm

Sauja said: "Oh, wow. Those Back to the Future numbers are LOW. We must be expecting a closing in the near future, no?"

I see what you did there!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 5:40pm

Oh, Mary! breaking the Lyceum house record yet again.

JasonC3
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 6:41pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Oh, Mary! breaking the Lyceum house record yet again."

I thought the show was quite fun, but what do people think is the alchemy that has sustained the success of Oh Mary! and at a pretty substantial average ticket price?

Is it primarily being the lone truly funny show offering that is riding a surge of WOM buzz and pretty decent coverage on major talk TV shows? I know Cole has built up an audience over the years, but this seems to be expanding far beyond that.

It seems like one of those "lightning in a bottle" moments that easily could have gone a different way at a different time. Updated On: 10/1/24 at 06:41 PM

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 6:56pm

Back to the Future has to be next with Water For Elephants announcing its closing. Those numbers are just terrible for that show. I believe the rumors about Suffs closing in January but it's really not doing that bad right now.

Cabaret is looking like less of a long term player than I thought it might be. I'm surprised at how much of a drop it has had post Redmayne/Rankin. I guess some of that is coupled with fall.

Oh Mary. There are no words. Truly the story of the year as far as box office goes.

Romeo + Juliet will be a big fat hit. Let's hold off for now on proclaiming Sunset to be a massive hit. One night does not tell the story.

I know there were press performances & opening night for The Hills of California but those are still pretty disappointing numbers.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 10:22pm

JasonC3 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Oh, Mary! breaking the Lyceum house record yet again."

I thought the show was quite fun, but what do people think is the alchemy that has sustained the success of Oh Mary! and at a pretty substantial average ticket price?

Is it primarily being the lone truly funny show offering that is riding a surge of WOM buzz and pretty decent coverage on major talk TV shows? I know Cole has built up an audience over the years, but this seems to be expanding far beyond that.

It seems like one of those "lightning in a bottle" moments that easily could have gone a different way at a different time.
"

I know what you mean. It's all about timing and riding the momentum.  

I would presume they have already recouped or close to recouping given all the record breaking grosses.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 10:36pm

I’m curious if BTTF is looking into any sort of celebrity casting to boost sales. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/1/24 at 11:14pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m curious if BTTF is looking into any sort of celebrity casting to boost sales."

Assuming we're talking primarily about Doc Brown, I really don't think there's anyone who'd be (A) willing to do it and (B) meaningful enough at the box office to make a massive difference. Like I don't think a Jason Alexander type is going to move the needle enough.

Though if conversations between the producer and Shubert have already been had then it's a moot point.

Updated On: 10/1/24 at 11:14 PM

witchoftheeast2
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/2/24 at 10:53am

Student rush, it has now appeared on TDF, several cast members leaving, no announcement of replacements yet- 

Could Six be next to close up shop after W4E?

Updated On: 10/2/24 at 10:53 AM

Jarethan
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/24
Posted: 10/2/24 at 11:28am

Ouch.  Am I hallucinating or did the last few falls do a lot better than this??

Videos