News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans- Page 9

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans

Pootie2
#200BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 12:13pm

LightsOut90 said: "im super curious what the anticipated attendance is suppose to be, 5k a day, 10k people perhaps?"

"Thousands" would be accurate according to Playbill.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

WaltG2
#201BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/25/15 at 12:40am

Pootie2 said: "LightsOut90 said: "im super curious what the anticipated attendance is suppose to be, 5k a day, 10k people perhaps?"

'Thousands' would be accurate according to Playbill."

Which does absolutely nothing to answer that question. They clearly know it's not "hundreds" or less, as their guesses are both in the thousands. All your post does is tell them what they already know--if they wanted that, they could've reread their own post.

Pootie2
#202BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/25/15 at 12:48pm

WaltG2 said: "Pootie2 said: "LightsOut90 said: "im super curious what the anticipated attendance is suppose to be, 5k a day, 10k people perhaps?"

'Thousands' would be accurate according to Playbill."

Which does absolutely nothing to answer that question. They clearly know it's not "hundreds" or less, as their guesses are both in the thousands. All your post does is tell them what they already know--if they wanted that, they could've reread their own post."

Which is why it's a pointless question and your post just as pointless. The BroadwayCon producers know the exact number of tickets they are selling and at least two tiers have a maximum cap. This won't be as popular as a ComicCon, and the only "anticipated" numbers would be in relation to previous years, but obviously there is no data for that.

WaltG2
#203BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/26/15 at 9:53am

Pootie2 said: "Which is why it's a pointless question and your post just as pointless. The BroadwayCon producers know the exact number of tickets they are selling and at least two tiers have a maximum cap. This won't be as popular as a ComicCon, and the only "anticipated" numbers would be in relation to previous years, but obviously there is no data for that."

I love how you have the ability to decide what is and isn't pointless to other people. You must be all powerful, like a god, as surely no Earthly mortal has that power! Clearly it has a point and they have a reason for asking.

For some reason, you've taken it upon yourself to answer every question in this thread, even when you don't actually know the answer--and that's all this post of yours is saying: "I don't know, so I'm going to decide that the question is pointless".

But, ya know, you don't have to answer questions when you don't know the answer. You can just let it go without commenting on it. (Of course, that "can" is purely theoretical about what's possible, rather than a comment on your capabilities, as you clearly can't actually do it, seeing as how you responded with a non-answer and justified it with a long-winded "I don't know the answer".)

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#204BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/31/15 at 11:51am

I just found out that I'm not going to be able to make it to Broadway Con and I seem to be out of luck (and $250) in terms of a refund.

I can't find it anywhere so it must have been on Facebook but I saw a post where someone was selling their weekend pass after being told by Broadway Con officials that they could transfer it. I was told today that passes were non-transferable. 

I'm just curious - did anyone else see this post? 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#205BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/31/15 at 12:00pm

Nevermind. I just heard back from Broadway Con that they saw that post and informed the person that the ticket was non-transferable so it's been taken down. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#206BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/31/15 at 12:00pm

Nevermind. I just heard back from Broadway Con that they saw that post and informed the person that the ticket was non-transferable so it's been taken down. 

Pootie2
#207BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/31/15 at 11:16pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I just found out that I'm not going to be able to make it to Broadway Con and I seem to be out of luck (and $250) in terms of a refund."

That's really too bad. It looks like you missed the refund date by a relative smidge (December 22). I suppose the nontransferability is to prevent scalping, though I wonder if they'll really check ID at the door, or perhaps only for the autographs/meet-and-greets.

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#208BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/1/16 at 3:05am

Yeah - I emailed back and forth with customer service today and even asked if it was possible to at least downgrade my ticket and they said no. I might be able to make it on Sunday. They were very firm tho n

I understand and policies are in place and well published. But that doesn't mean I'm not still frustrated - bought the ticket in March and I'm basically throwing the money away. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#209BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/1/16 at 3:05am

Yeah - I emailed back and forth with customer service today and even asked if it was possible to at least downgrade my ticket and they said no. I might be able to make it on Sunday. They were very firm tho n

I understand and policies are in place and well published. But that doesn't mean I'm not still frustrated - bought the ticket in March and I'm basically throwing the money away. 

Pootie2
#210BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/4/16 at 1:06pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Yeah - I emailed back and forth with customer service today and even asked if it was possible to at least downgrade my ticket and they said no. I might be able to make it on Sunday. They were very firm tho n

I understand and policies are in place and well published. But that doesn't mean I'm not still frustrated - bought the ticket in March and I'm basically throwing the money away. "

I hope you can make it on Sunday and get some time in as well as autographs to at least make it sting less; good luck!

Meanwhile, the schedule has been updated. There are a couple new dance workshops and Spring Awakening has a panel.

Attendees: Don't forget to sign up for workshops if you actually want to participate. http://www.broadwaycon.com/workshops

Pootie2
#211BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/7/16 at 7:03pm

I think the last guest announcement is Fiddler's lyricist Sheldon Harnick (and the revival cast). At least their Twitter account said "one more exciting special guest announcement to make before we can set the autograph and photobooth raffle system live," so the next announcement must be this raffle system.

Raffle? Only the VIP level guarantees 3 special guest autographs, so I wonder if this raffle applies only to the $250 general pass or what.

Pootie2
#212BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/8/16 at 2:56pm

The autograph raffle is now open: http://www.broadwaycon.com/autographs

(Deadline: January 13th at 11:59 p.m. Eastern)

Updated On: 1/8/16 at 02:56 PM

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#213BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/8/16 at 3:18pm

Pootie2 said: "I think the last guest announcement is Fiddler's lyricist Sheldon Harnick (and the revival cast). At least their Twitter account said "one more exciting special guest announcement to make before we can set the autograph and photobooth raffle system live," so the next announcement must be this raffle system.

Raffle? Only the VIP level guarantees 3 special guest autographs, so I wonder if this raffle applies only to the $250 general pass or what."

VIP gets 3 guaranteed autographs/photo booth sessions and can enter the raffle for more.

Pootie2
#214BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/8/16 at 3:38pm

ChildofEarth said: VIP gets 3 guaranteed autographs/photo booth sessions and can enter the raffle for more.
"

Well, now that it's apparent since the page is up a day after the initial announcement. cheeky It looks very controlled judging by the rules, and it seems anyone with a convention ticket confirmation number can enter (the non-transferable bit makes even more sense with this).

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#215BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/8/16 at 5:48pm

Just want to say that I'm excited as hell for this. I don't care about photobooths or autographs at all, but the performances and panels should be fantastic.  Looking forward to it.

I think I asked this a while ago, but is anyone interested in maybe doing a meetup Thursday night before the conference?

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#216BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/8/16 at 7:30pm

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away.  I feel like it wasn't coming at all. I guess the plans in place make it even more exciting than it already was to just go.

I would be open to meeting up with people at any point.  Unfortunately on Thursday night I am going to see Noises Off. Unless We do it before or after.  

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#217BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/9/16 at 4:09pm

We could probably do anything - we're not going to a show Friday night - just hanging out in the hotel.  If people want to meet up, we're happy to.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Pootie2
#218BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/12/16 at 7:03pm

Playbill's guide to packing for BroadwayCon:  http://www.playbill.com/news/article/im-grabbin-my-hat-n-coat-your-essential-guide-to-packing-for-broadwaycon-378864

Pretty standard basics. Another tip is to bring some cash in case some tables can't do credit card transactions.

Pootie2
#219BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/14/16 at 5:56pm

Added to the guest list:

Darren Criss
Wilson Jermaine Heredia
Alex Lacamoire

Others were taken off over time as well, but I wasn't paying attention. I'm surprised they're still adding people, but maybe that's the nature of scheduling with theater performers, unlike guests for other conventions.

"Glee" and Hedwig star Darren Criss, along with Tony-winning original Rent star Wilson Jermaine Heredia and Hamilton's Alex Lacamoire, are the latest participants bound for BroadwayCon. - See more at: http://playbill.com/news/article/darren-criss-wilson-jermaine-heredia-and-alex-lacamoire-join-broadwaycon-379764#sthash.3IrPKNnv.dpuf

rentrocks27 Profile Photo
rentrocks27
#220BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/17/16 at 9:46pm

Has anyone received their confirmation email stating what, if any, photo booth and autograph booth selections you got from the online raffle?

Mohawk Profile Photo
Mohawk
#221BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/17/16 at 9:54pm

I haven't received anything.  I can't tell if that means I didn't win or they haven't sent the emails yet. 

delongpre
#222BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/17/16 at 9:55pm

Bummed for myself and my daughter, whose 16th birthday present the Con tickets are. I did not know we had to sign up for autograph sessions ahead of time. I knew about the workshops and the form for those but never heard about the autograph thing until I read about it this morning. I thought you  could just get in line and wait like most Cons.

We have whole weekend passes and I feel like we are being squeezed out of most of what we wanted to do because of the sign ups. Why can't workshops be for kids who never had performing experience but want to learn about acting or singing? We paid the same amount as those who meet the "requirements" for workshops. I don't see that as fair.

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#223BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/17/16 at 11:26pm

I just double checked my email and I didn't get any notification that there was a raffle with a deadline for autographs. But I did get a bull**** "what to pack" email, so they clearly had to ability to inform people about the raffle. Poor management.

Pootie2
#224BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/17/16 at 11:50pm

I'm surprised they didn't send out announcements for these deadlines (checked spam box?). I would try contacting them; I'd also recommend Twitter for some public visibility. At the very least, loopholes and dropped balls should be identified for improvement for next year.

Videos