News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans- Page 8

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#175BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/11/15 at 12:42pm

The schedule actually looks amazing as far as what I expected. Very smart to put Hamilton up against nothing.

Im curious about Saturday night, however.

That Groovy Guy Profile Photo
That Groovy Guy
#176BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/13/15 at 10:39am

The Broadwaycon site is very unclear.  What ticket level gets you autographs?  $50? $125? $250? 

The site doesn't give any clear indication.  Based on their very vague verbiage I'm guessing $125.  Is that right?

"Oh some like it hot, but I like it *really* hot." - Heat Miser

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#177BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/13/15 at 10:47am

I'm going and bought the pass for Saturday. Also got a room at the Hilton for the night. Jimbo.

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#178BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/13/15 at 11:21am

Sounds like there may be upsells for specific signing events after you buy your ticket, no? Like, they might get some person/cast to agree to sign for 100 people, but not just let people queue up indefinitely.

Pootie2
#179BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/13/15 at 4:24pm

That Groovy Guy said: "The Broadwaycon site is very unclear.  What ticket level gets you autographs?  $50? $125? $250? 

The site doesn't give any clear indication.  Based on their very vague verbiage I'm guessing $125.  Is that right?"

From Playbill:

"The first two batches of tickets released for BroadwayCon sold-out within hours. All VIP tickets for the anticipated three-day event have sold out, with only seven percent of full-weekend general passes still available. Fans can still take advantage of a limited amount of individual day passes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Here's a breakdown of the remaining ticket options:

A $250 full-weekend general pass will provide access to all BroadwayCon programming (panels, performances, keynotes, discussions and more), as well as guaranteed spots at Grand Ballroom events, special guest autographs and more. This pass also includes the official program book (printed by Playbill!), a registration swag bag and access to the BroadwayCon Marketplace.

The $125 Day Pass provides day-only access to BroadwayCon programming (panels, performances, keynotes, discussions). This pass also includes the official program book (printed by Playbill!), a registration swag bag and access to the BroadwayCon Marketplace.

A $50 Explorer Pass will grant admission to the BroadwayCon Marketplace, allowing curious theatre lovers to browse through a host of vendors, shop for merchandise from Broadway shows and more."

The first two batches of tickets released for BroadwayCon sold-out within hours. All VIP tickets for the anticipated three-day event have sold out, with only seven percent of full-weekend general passes still available. Fans can still take advantage of a limited amount of individual day passes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

A $250 full-weekend general pass will provide access to all BroadwayCon programming (panels, performances, keynotes, discussions and more), as well as guaranteed spots at Grand Ballroom events, special guest autographs and more. This pass also includes the official program book (printed by Playbill!), a registration swag bag and access to the BroadwayCon Marketplace.

The $125 Day Pass provides day-only access to BroadwayCon programming (panels, performances, keynotes, discussions). This pass also includes the official program book (printed by Playbill!), a registration swag bag and access to the BroadwayCon Marketplace.

A $50 Explorer Pass will grant admission to the BroadwayCon Marketplace, allowing curious theatre lovers to browse through a host of vendors, shop for merchandise from Broadway shows and more.

- See more at: http://playbill.com/news/article/the-breakdown-on-broadwaycon-what-fans-need-to-know-about-the-latest-stars-special-events-and-how-to-snag-tix-375403#sthash.ppw8aRJy.dpuf

The first two batches of tickets released for BroadwayCon sold-out within hours. All VIP tickets for the anticipated three-day event have sold out, with only seven percent of full-weekend general passes still available. Fans can still take advantage of a limited amount of individual day passes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

A $50 Explorer Pass will grant admission to the BroadwayCon Marketplace, allowing curious theatre lovers to browse through a host of vendors, shop for merchandise from Broadway shows and more.

- See more at: http://playbill.com/news/article/the-breakdown-on-broadwaycon-what-fans-need-to-know-about-the-latest-stars-special-events-and-how-to-snag-tix-375403#sthash.ppw8aRJy.dpuf

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#180BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/13/15 at 7:29pm

If this is like Leakycon, the autographs are available for anyone on the 250 or above level. 

I have been getting very excited with the releases of the guests and panels.  

Maybe we can set up a Broadwayworld meetup time at some point...?  

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Pootie2
#181BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/17/15 at 5:36pm

I think the last bit of news was that the Fun Home cast is joining festivities.

http://playbill.com/news/article/a-five-six-seven-eight-broadwaycon-will-kick-off-with-original-mini-musical-376036

"The curtain will rise on the three-day event with a fully staged mini-musical featuring special material from Broadway songwriters Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner.

David Alpert, associate director of Broadway's If/Then, The Trip to Bountiful and The Best Man, serves as artistic director of BroadwayCon MainStage programming, which will feature Broadway in a diverse array of events that range from a full-out mini-musical, to late-night cabarets and game show-style moments that invite the audience to join in the fun.

Fans can also expect a number of high-profile cameos from Broadway favorites during the Jan. 22 MainStage opening musical that will feature an original song from the writers of First Date and the upcoming 17 Again musical. "We're going to kick off the MainStage Programming at full throttle, in a way only a Broadway convention can do—with a fully staged mini-musical!" Alpert said. "We have an amazingly talented cast, a live band, and surprise cameos, all to welcome everyone to the convention. We've enlisted Broadway writers Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner to compose a new song for the event, and are also working with YouTube sensation Tessa Netting, who happens to write amazing parodies."

"

David Alpert, associate director of Broadway's If/Then, The Trip to Bountiful and The Best Man, serves as artistic director of BroadwayCon MainStage programming, which will feature Broadway in a diverse array of events that range from a full-out mini-musical, to late-night cabarets and game show-style moments that invite the audience to join in the fun.

Fans can also expect a number of high-profile cameos from Broadway favorites during the Jan. 22 MainStage opening musical that will feature an original song from the writers of First Date and the upcoming 17 Again musical. "We're going to kick off the MainStage Programming at full throttle, in a way only a Broadway convention can do—with a fully staged mini-musical!" Alpert said. "We have an amazingly talented cast, a live band, and surprise cameos, all to welcome everyone to the convention. We've enlisted Broadway writers Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner to compose a new song for the event, and are also working with YouTube sensation Tessa Netting, who happens to write amazing parodies."

- See more at: http://playbill.com/news/article/a-five-six-seven-eight-broadwaycon-will-kick-off-with-original-mini-musical-376036#sthash.YEYF9TgR.dpuf

UnwoundFantasies
#182BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/18/15 at 1:04pm

Does anyone know what the Broadway marketplace will be? Would it be similar to the flea market?

AngInFL79
#183BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/18/15 at 1:19pm

UnwoundFantasies said: "Does anyone know what the Broadway marketplace will be? Would it be similar to the flea market?"

I am taking a guess here but I think the marketplace will be a combination of the Flea Market and like other conventions I've been to where people have purchased vendor tables to sell their own creation or collections having to do with Broadway. :)

I really am excited for this con.

Pootie2
#184BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/18/15 at 1:30pm

There will be vendor and exhibitor tables, according to the website.

UnwoundFantasies
#185BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/18/15 at 3:23pm

Oh that sounds awesome! I'm not sure if I can attend any full days which is why I haven't bought my ticket yet but it'd be cool if you could somehow go to the marketplace without going to any of their panels etc

Pootie2
#186BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/21/15 at 5:34pm

"Original Rent Cast Members to Celebrate Musical's 20th Anniversary with BroadwayCon Reunion"

http://playbill.com/news/article/original-rent-cast-members-to-celebrate-musicals-20th-anniversary-with-broadwaycon-reunion-376411

"Original cast members of the Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning Jonathan Larson musical Rent will reunite to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the landmark show as part of BroadwayCon. Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal and Daphne Rubin-Vega are among the stars who will celebrate the ground-breaking musical that changed their lives.

The Rent reunion panel, which will take place Jan. 22, 2016, from 7:30 PM-9PM, will include Tony Award nominees Pascal and Rubin-Vega, alongside Rapp (one of BroadwayCon's co-founders), Fredi Walker and Rodney Hicks, alongside choreographer Marlies Yearby, original conductor Tim Weil, as well as the show's original casting director, Bernard Telsey, who discovered the musical's diverse cast."

Original cast members of the Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning Jonathan Larson musical Rent will reunite to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the landmark show as part of BroadwayCon. Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal and Daphne Rubin-Vega are among the stars who will celebrate the ground-breaking musical that changed their lives.

The Rent reunion panel, which will take place Jan. 22, 2016, from 7:30 PM-9PM, will include Tony Award nominees Pascal and Rubin-Vega, alongside Rapp (one of BroadwayCon's co-founders), Fredi Walker and Rodney Hicks, alongside choreographer Marlies Yearby, original conductor Tim Weil, as well as the show's original casting director, Bernard Telsey, who discovered the musical's diverse cast.

- See more at: http://playbill.com/news/article/original-rent-cast-members-to-celebrate-musicals-20th-anniversary-with-broadwaycon-reunion-376411#sthash.ERkmEWKV.dpuf

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#187BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/22/15 at 2:41pm

So I had bought the weekend pass for $250 and put myself on the waiting list for VIP admission- I was notified that I can now pay the additional $350 and become a VIP.  Does anyone have a sense as to whether the not-cheap extra would be worth it- what does it really get?

Pootie2
#188BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/22/15 at 2:49pm

artifact11 said: "So I had bought the weekend pass for $250 and put myself on the waiting list for VIP admission- I was notified that I can now pay the additional $350 and become a VIP.  Does anyone have a sense as to whether the not-cheap extra would be worth it- what does it really get?"

It's laid out on their website: http://www.broadwaycon.com/tickets/

Though if you're after details like "what's in the gift bag," I don't believe they've talked about that.

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#189BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/22/15 at 3:08pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, is this taking place at The Hilton on 6th Avenue, the one that's a couple of blocks up from Radio City?

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#190BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/22/15 at 3:11pm

Yes. http://www.broadwaycon.com/hotel/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#191BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:15am

I don't know if there is a scam going on- in October I bought a $250 ticket from Tixr- I got an access code from Tixr to upgrade to a VIP ticket for an additional $350.  A couple of hours ago I received an e-mail from Tixr telling me my $250 ticket was cancelled (no explanation)-  and is not refundable.  The $350 has already been approved by my credit card company.  I just called Visa to dispute the charges and will call Tixr tomorrow (good luck getting them on Christmas Eve).  Is Tixr legitimate?  Did anyone else get their ticket cancelled without refund?  I am pretty freaked out by this, I don't know what's going on. Am I getting scammed for $600?

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#192BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:38am

Tixr seems like the official ticketing site for the convention. That is weird that your ticket was cancelled. I would recommend contacting the BroadwayCon organizers about that if you can't get in touch with Tixr.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#193BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:43am

Folks, I am going to be in the Marketplace at BroadwayCon. I believe the autograph booths are going to be across from the Marketplace, but I could be wrong. I thought I saw that on an early diagram, but might not be right. I will be sitting at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting booth. Please come visit me, I don't want to be bored. Please entertain me.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

WaltG2
#194BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:53am

I'm not sure what exactly the problem is... It sounds like what you want to have happened happened, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

You bought a $250 "General Pass". Then, when a VIP ticket became available, you upgraded to a $600 VIP ticket (paying only the additional $350).

The system then cancelled your $250 "General Pass", because you now have a VIP ticket. Of course, they didn't refund your $250, because it went toward the ticket you upgraded to.

There's only a finite number of tickets. They had to release your $250 "General Pass" to make it available to others, as you, again, no longer need it.

Like I said, unless I'm misunderstanding you, I'm not sure what you expected to happen, what you're looking for, or why you're disputing the charge for the ticket you wanted because they cancelled the ticket you're no longer buying...

Updated On: 12/24/15 at 01:53 AM

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#195BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:54am

rclocalz said: "Tixr seems like the official ticketing site for the convention. That is weird that your ticket was cancelled. I would recommend contacting the BroadwayCon organizers about that if you can't get in touch with Tixr.

Any idea who or how to contact the BroadwayCon organizers?

"

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#196BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 1:57am

Ah, yes what WaltG2 said sounds absolutely correct. Just make sure you still have the VIP ticket.

LightsOut90
#197BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 3:13am

im super curious what the anticipated attendance is suppose to be, 5k a day, 10k people perhaps?

WaltG2
#198BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 3:57am

ggersten said: "The Flea Market had a minimum of $30 per autograph."

I know this is an older post, but, since nobody else did, I have to point out that this is incredibly far from the truth.

The Flea Market minimum donation per autograph at the autograph table is $1.50 (if you take full advantage of the opportunity).

$30 at the autograph table gets you 20 autographs (2 autographs each from 10 people). 30 dollars/20 autographs is $1.50/autograph, not $30.

Of course, this is a completely different situation, since this is a for-profit endeavor & everyone involved will want to be paid for their time.

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#199BroadwayCon:
Posted: 12/24/15 at 7:04am

rclocalz said: "Ah, yes what WaltG2 said sounds absolutely correct. Just make sure you still have the VIP ticket.

WaltG2, it does make sense now after the clear way you laid it out.  I do have the VIP ticket.  Thanks for your clear analysis in the midst of my chaos.  Thank you too, rclocalz.f

Videos