News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022- Page 2

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:07pm

I sat front mezz one seat off the aisle, and I had a WONDERFUL view. They were the cheaper seats, so I'd recommend those. 

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this production. I just hope they've worked on Bobby's music and lowered it or something and I hope Elliot has thought about the staging of "being alive" as it felt aimless. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#26COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:11pm

They are not cheaper now, they are around 200 bux with fees, just like the front row. 

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#27COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:23pm

RippedMan said: "I sat front mezz one seat off the aisle, and I had a WONDERFUL view. They were the cheaper seats, so I'd recommend those.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this production. I just hope they've worked on Bobby's music and lowered it or something and I hope Elliot has thought about the staging of "being alive" as it felt aimless.
"

Still don't know what I think of this interpretation, but still curious about it and looking forward to a cast recording (almost wrote "album" lol).

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#28COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:46pm

Sutton Ross said: "They are not cheaper now, they are around 200 bux with fees, just like the front row."

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#29COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:50pm

In case it's not clear, that says $59, $72.25 with fees.

Sutton Ross
#30COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:56pm

I love that you actually took the time to do all that. Cute.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#31COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:02pm

Sutton Ross said: "I love that you actually took the time to do all that. Cute."

Oh, sweetie, I wouldn't miss an opportunity to correct you, it's far too satisfying. smiley

Sutton Ross
#32COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:07pm

Lolz. Remember when you begged me to block you because you blocked me and it was, like, SUPER important to you? Love to see it. 

You didn't correct me, in any way. My interpretation of "one seat off the aisle" was simply different than yours. 

bwayoutdoors
#33COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:45pm

Speaking of seating, how are the views in the first few rows of the orchestra extreme house left and house right?

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#34COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 8:02pm

Trying to decide on seats for this show. For those who have seen it, what's preferable, rear orch or front mezz? I'd be aiming for the center or just off the center aisle in either section. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 8:07pm

by far the most exciting show reopening IMO, i hope Patti will finally get her third Tony

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 5/11/21 at 08:07 PM

Peronista
#36COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:23pm

Patti was one of several celebrities that seemed to be able to elevate their presence in the pop culture ether more than ever during the pandemic.  For this, and many more reasons, a ticket will be even more of a "must have" than before.

For seating, anything CENTER to appreciate the marriage of design and Marianne's brilliant staging.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#37COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:45pm

sm33 said: "Trying to decide on seats for this show. For those who have seen it,what's preferable, rear orch or front mezz? I'd be aiming for the center or just off the center aisle in either section."

I'd go Mezz. The show is very central and all the sets are one level, so you'd probably be fine either way, but I loved my few from the Mezz. Just get as center as you can get, but even on the sides I only missed like maybe one thing. 

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#38COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/11/21 at 1:34am

RippedMan said:
I'd go Mezz. The show is very central and all the sets are one level, so you'd probably be fine either way, but I loved my few from the Mezz. Just get as center as you can get, but even on the sides I only missed like maybe one thing."

Thanks for the advice! Just bought tickets for 12/21 in the right mezz on the center aisle. Can't wait - theater is always pretty electrifying for me, but it's gonna be a whole new level after nearly two years with no live shows. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#39COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/11/21 at 7:07am

sm33 said: "RippedMan said:
I'd go Mezz. The show is very central and all the sets are one level, so you'd probably be fine either way, but I loved my few from the Mezz. Just get as center as you can get, but even on the sides I only missed like maybe one thing."

Thanks for the advice! Just bought tickets for 12/21 in the right mezz on the center aisle. Can't wait - theater is always pretty electrifying for me, but it's gonna be a whole new level after nearly two years with no live shows.
"

I sat in the left mezzanine on the center aisle, and it was the *PERFECT* view! Enjoy :)

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

er116
#40COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:11am

Does anyone know if the box office is actually open for tickets? The website says you can buy tickets there but it doesn't list hours. Thank you!

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#41COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:12am

BCfitasafiddle said: "Worth posting here:

Stephen Sondheimsaid "Company is a show about connecting, about the necessity of having other people in our lives. This past year, with its isolation, has reminded us all of that need for togetherness, so I'm happy thatMarianne Elliott's startling and exhilarating production is coming back to Broadway. See it. It will make you laugh, make you care, and lift your spirits at a time when we need such things."

Truly compelling relation to this time..  love this 
The show really does resonate with what we've faced and the joys and apprehensions of being once again social

DirectorMarianne Elliottsaid, "During the last 18 months, we have all struggled with isolation and loneliness andCompanyis the exact opposite of that. It is a musical about being happily together again, about celebrating each other with love, laughter, and deep joy. I have been reminded of the essential human need to be with other people and I can't wait to share the show with our amazing New York audiences. At last!"

ProducerChris Harperadded "Live theater is all about bringing people together and no show celebrates that more thanStephen Sondheim's andGeorge Furth's joyous musicalCompany. We can't wait to share the love and the laughter with audiences at the Jacobs Theatre from December 20th.

"It is anticipated that the cast that was in previews forCompanywill return to the production with final details to be announced in the coming weeks."
"

NameGreg Profile Photo
NameGreg
#42COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 10:28am

I have potential seats in the second row on the end of house right. Anyone who saw the previous previews, can you say if the view might be bad there?

“Somebody stop me before I sing again” - Bazzard

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#43COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 11:36am

Patti welcomes audiences back to Broadway:

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#44COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 11:52am

So glad Patti has delivered this positive message and that she is returning to “Company,” but I just don’t like her as a blonde.

Oh look, a bibu!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#45COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 12:21pm

Hahah it is so weird to see. Glad that she is excited to come back despite those comments in the news articles about whether she has the energy to return - and she is still in good voice! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#46COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 12:50pm

I love that video!!!!

SouthernCakes
#47COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 1:43pm

NameGreg said: "I have potential seats in the second row on the end of house right. Anyone who saw the previous previews, can you say if the view might be bad there?"

It’ll prob be a little partial view just given the nature of the extreme sides in those historic theaters. But most Eve thing is played in the middle so I think you’d be fine for most of it. I’d imagine the stage is pretty high though. 

fosterfan2
#48COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 6:07pm

Jordan Levinson said: "So glad Patti has delivered this positive message and that she is returning to “Company,” but I just don’t like her as a blonde."

I loved Patti's message (and her singing of course),but I don't like the blonde hair either. It looks like a wig.

Updated On: 5/12/21 at 06:07 PM

rkade21
#49COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/12/21 at 6:45pm

will be third row front center mezz for the grand te-opening 12/20…. Will be my first Patti experience, can’t wait. Excited to see Matt Doyle too.

Videos