News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022- Page 4

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#75COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 5/31/21 at 12:20am

Theatrefanboy1 said: "So honestly. I can’t see Kyle Dean stay with the show too long. With a baby on the way. Taylor at Harvard. And having relocated to Nevada. It seems New York would almost be out of life’s way "

His part is so small too, I even forget he's in it.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

SamG88
#76COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/1/21 at 4:18pm

I had tickets booked and a trip from Europe planned for March 2020. That trip has been rescheduled 3 times now but I had my first dose of vaccine today so I just need the borders to open sometime this year! I have gone ahead and moved my flight and hotel again and bought tickets, 3rd row center, for the last week of Feb. Fingers crossed for 4th time lucky. Will be my first time seeing Patti in NYC. Cannot wait.

JSquared2
#77COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/1/21 at 5:13pm

blaxx said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "So honestly. I can’t see Kyle Dean stay with the show too long. With a baby on the way. Taylor at Harvard. And having relocated to Nevada. It seems New York would almost be out of life’s way "

"

That's what she said.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#78COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/2/21 at 11:38pm

JSquared2 said: "blaxx said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "So honestly. I can’t see Kyle Dean stay with the show too long. With a baby on the way. Taylor at Harvard. And having relocated to Nevada. It seems New York would almost be out of life’s way "

"

That's what she said.
"

Yeah, much prefer Claybourne Elder's huge part.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#79COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/3/21 at 10:25pm

Jokes aside, I was initially surprised that Claybourne Elder was cast as Andy over Kyle Dean, but once I saw the show, it felt like the right decision because Elder is absolutely fantastic in the role. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle Dean leaves behind this small part.

Updated On: 6/3/21 at 10:25 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#80COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/4/21 at 2:51am

ljay889 said: "Jokes aside, I was initially surprised that Claybourne Elder was cast as Andy over KyleDean, but once I saw the show, it felt like the right decision because Elder is absolutely fantastic in the role. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle Dean leaves behind this small part."

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I think Elder steals the whole show. 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#81COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/4/21 at 12:28pm

Does anyone have any seating advice?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#82COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/4/21 at 12:31pm

Cant go wrong with first row center mezz or 4th row center orchestra. I have tickets in both locations. Some people want to be close to the actors, some would rather have a wonderful bird's eye view. Depends on the person and their preferences. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#83COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 1:48pm

Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

Curious who they will get to replace him.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 6/18/21 at 01:48 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#84COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 1:58pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

"

As my major gripe about the show is that the principals are majority white (and brunette, but that aside) I'm hopeful they can fill his part with an East or South Asian, or a Latino actor.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

JSquared2
#85COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:01pm

"

Maybe they'll move up John Arthur Greene from his u/s track?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#86COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:04pm

everythingtaboo said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

"

As my major gripe about the show is that the principals are majority white (and brunette, but that aside)I'm hopeful they can fill his part with an East or South Asian, or a Latino actor.
"

I thought it was commentary that Bobbie's friends were all mostly white.

Massey was a bit too accomplished of a performer for that tiny part, anyhow.

JSquared2
#87COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:16pm

blaxx said: "
As my major gripe about the show is that the principals are majority white (and brunette, but that aside)I'm hopeful they can fill his part with an East or South Asian, or a Latino actor."

Would you like to tell Terrence Archie, Etai Benson, Rashidra Scott and Nikki Renee Daniels that they are white?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#88COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:22pm

You clearly lack reading comprehension.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#89COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:31pm

blaxx said: "everythingtaboo said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

"

As my major gripe about the show is that the principals are majority white (and brunette, but that aside)I'm hopeful they can fill his part with an East or South Asian, or a Latino actor.
"

"

Yeah… I offer my congratulations to him, but Theo was a thankless role for a talented person like him… besides the group numbers and “You Could Drive a Person Crazy,” he had little to do. 

Oh look, a bibu!

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#90COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:33pm

blaxx said: "everythingtaboo said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

"

"

"

A bit too accomplished? How? What has he done? Is he a house hold name?  

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#91COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:33pm

JSquared2 said: "blaxx said: "
As my major gripe about the show is that the principals are majority white (and brunette, but that aside)I'm hopeful they can fill his part with an East or South Asian, or a Latino actor."

Would you like to tell Terrence Archie, Etai Benson, Rashidra Scott and Nikki Renee Daniels that they are white?

I did say majority white, not one hundred percent. And unless any of those actors are East or South Asian, or Latino, then my request still stands.
"

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#92COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 2:57pm

unclevictor said: "blaxx said: "everythingtaboo said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Kyle Dean Massey will not be returning!

"

"

"

A bit too accomplished? How? What has he done? Is he a house hold name?
"

He has played substantial leading roles on Broadway.  You can also look at his list of credits on IBDB if you'd want to be better acquainted with his career.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#93COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 3:07pm

Yes he's accomplished, but, and pardon my pun, look at the company he is in. It's def. a prestige project. And he was probably getting a healthy weekly paycheck. And working along side some of Broadway's finest. Anyone would say yes to that. 

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#94COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 8:02pm

"

I can't tell by the exclamation point at the end of the sentence if you're excited or surprised by the news he's not returning. I haven't gotten to see this production yet, but I've always enjoyed Kyle Dean in everything I've seen him in. 

Darreyl with an L!

BCfitasafiddle
#95COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 8:35pm

Kyle Dean Massey is a wonderful performer. He and Taylor are a lovely couple, I'm so happy for them!

Best wishes to them both. 

Here's hoping for an exciting casting choice!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#96COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 8:50pm

I’m not surprised, Kyle Dean was wasted in this role. I assume if he was playing Andy, a role that could snag a Tony nomination, he would’ve stayed.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#97COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 10:03pm

ljay889 said: "I’m not surprised, Kyle Dean was wasted in this role. I assume if he was playing Andy, a role that could snag a Tony nomination, he would’ve stayed."

So you think he would rather have a Tony than being present with his husband for the birth and first months of their newborn's life. <shakes head>

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#98COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 10:48pm

I saw his full statement after I posted that! My bad. 

Updated On: 6/18/21 at 10:48 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#99COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022
Posted: 6/18/21 at 11:40pm

You've restored my faith in humanity. Thanks for the mea culpa. It's a rare art form around here. So many dig in when they are wrong. 

Videos