News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 114

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2825Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/1/23 at 10:26pm

ACL2006 said: "hearing Emma Pittman will relaunch the equity national tour when it goes back out in September. No clue about their Velma."   This means that I'll have to travel some distance to see the Cellblock Tour, as the current non Equity Chicago has already stopped in Austin, Houston and later San Antonio.  I would say that Bianca Marroquin stands a good chance at playing Velma.  She could show Emma the ropes with regards to touring....which Bianca has done extensively.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2826Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/4/23 at 12:52pm

At today's 2:30 p.m. performance, Mary Claire King will play the role of Velma Kelly.  On Monday, March 20th, Jeff Gorti  will play Billy Flynn.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

broadwayben3
#2827Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/5/23 at 10:22pm

Any idea who is replacing Charlotte when she leaves on the 12th?

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2828Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/5/23 at 11:06pm

There are many who would love a return by Pamela Anderson.  Brandy hasn't done the show in a while.  Emma Pittman is another possibility.  I am curious as to will be the next Velma Kelly, after Bianca's upcoming run.  There are shockingly few ladies who have had  (recent) Velma experience.  Aside from AFW and Lana Gordon, the only other one I can think of is Leigh Zimmerman (my first Velma in 2011 and again in 2017).  It's unfortunate that Terra C is no longer available to play Velma.  Did I forget any other Velmas?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2829Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/7/23 at 10:05am

Olivia Holt will join the cast as Roxie on April 10, for 8 weeks only. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2830Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/7/23 at 2:58pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Olivia Holt will join the cast as Roxie on April 10, for 8 weeks only."

Really scrapping bottom for a "name". I'm guessing Charlotte has extended through April 9.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2831Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/23 at 6:28am

The wonderful Haley Swindal returns to the Ambassador for a brief stint as Matron Mama Morton, from March 27 -- April 6.  

Phantom4ever
#2832Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/9/23 at 11:44am

Hello all, 

Random question, but does anyone know an easy way to listen to or even watch the "tap dance" number? The one where Roxie talks to Amos stage right and three chorus guys dance with cigarettes stage left? It's not on the cast recording and I'd love to listen to it. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2833Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/10/23 at 12:16am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "The wonderful Haley Swindal returns to the Ambassador for a brief stint as Matron Mama Morton, from March 27 -- April 6."

Um, who?  cheeky

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2834Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/10/23 at 1:53pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "The wonderful Haley Swindal returns to the Ambassador for a brief stint as Matron Mama Morton, from March 27 -- April 6."

Um, who? cheeky

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2835Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/11/23 at 12:59pm

https://www.broadwaybox.com/daily-scoop/introduce-yourselfie-chicago-star-haley-swindal/

Updated On: 3/11/23 at 12:59 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2836Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/11/23 at 1:03pm

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Haley Swindal

Updated On: 3/11/23 at 01:03 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2837Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/11/23 at 1:13pm

https://youtu.be/vNPP7c-8ig4  An interview with Richard Ridge.  At 30:00, she starts discussing "Chicago".

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2838Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/12/23 at 1:41pm

Bring back Leigh Zimmerman as Velma Kelly!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2839Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/13/23 at 7:21pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/CHICAGO-Has-Best-Non-Holiday-Performance-Week-In-the-Shows-26-Year-History-20230313   Awesome!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2840Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/13/23 at 7:41pm

That’s really impressive, considering the stars they’ve had in the show over the years. Jinkx is truly fantastic as Mama Morton and really rejuvenates the production- and obviously seems very happy to do press and promote the show. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2841Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/13/23 at 7:59pm

Celina Nightengale is Mama tonight & tomorrow.

Their grosses will plummet after Jinkx leaves.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#2842Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/13/23 at 10:20pm

Just wanted to pop in with my rush experience Sunday. We arrived at 10:15 for a noon open. Next people arrived 10:30ish. They let us know around 11;15 there would be no rush, but they had discounted seats and would also be selling standing room immediately even thought they weren’t quite sold out. We opted for 99 dollar each K13 and K15 in the orch. 

full cast. Everyone was wonderful. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2843Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/15/23 at 9:10am

Kad said: "That’s really impressive, considering the stars they’ve had in the show over the years. Jinkx is truly fantastic as Mama Morton and really rejuvenates the production- and obviously seems very happy to do press and promote the show."

Now, if the show's producers and casting would make the same effort to cultivate/develop a new Velma Kelly, the show would benefit from that for sure.

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#2844Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/17/23 at 10:44am

Any idea how likely tickets for Sunday night performance are to be on TKTS? I've never seen the show and would like to squeeze it in next Sunday night if possible, but full price tickets are more than we can do.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2845Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/17/23 at 12:46pm

Today marks the 12th anniversary of me seeing "Chicago" For the first time.  My first show was on March 17, 2011.  I had a chance to see Ryan Lowe, Jason Patrick Sands (his birthday on March 17) and Leigh Zimmerman.  I saw Dylis Croman perform as Roxie.  She was filling in for Bianca Marroquin (who I think was auditioning for a role in "Evita".).  32 shows and counting!  Roman in Austin, Texas

Updated On: 3/17/23 at 12:46 PM

It's me again
#2846Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/20/23 at 9:40am

Jason Patrick Sands is so gorgeous 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2847Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/20/23 at 9:36pm

It's me again said: "Jason Patrick Sands is so gorgeous"   Yes, indeed.  Maybe I'll mention it to him.  

BroadwayFan6
#2848Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/20/23 at 11:21pm

This might already be circulating but for anyone trying to grab tickets for Jinkx's last couple of shows I got a flyer with the promo code "GOODTOMAMA". The deals depend on the show but I was able to get center orchestra tickets for Sunday's matinee at the box office (so no fees) for $99 each.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2849Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/21/23 at 7:25pm

Rachel Chase will be Roxie Hart from March 27th -- April 2nd.

Videos