News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 33

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

ozjust4 Profile Photo
ozjust4
#800Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 11:37am

I'm getting SUPER anxious, can't they just spill it already?

JIMG3
#801Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:08pm

Valentina3 said: "Does anyone have seating recommendations?"

Orchestra: rows H-M, 201-401

Loge: row A - 201-401

While the VB doesn’t officially have partial view seats, avoid the far sides — 100 and 500. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#802Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:19pm

Hey just thought I'd bump this thread so more people can waste their time like I repeatedly have by opening it and discovering that once again, no actual news is being discussed.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#803Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:21pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Hey just thought I'd bump this thread so more people can waste their time like I repeatedly have by opening it and discovering that once again, no actual news is being discussed."

This!

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#804Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:29pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Hey just thought I'd bump this thread so more people can waste their time like I repeatedly have by opening it and discovering that once again, no actual news is being discussed."

Honestly, if there was a casting announcement, you probably would have already seen a new, dedicated thread with the actors' names on the title and a BWW article written about it already. I know when I come in here, it's for sheer WTF-ery.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#805Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:32pm

Well at least we will get a nice surprise at the first preview, at this rate.

JIMG3
#806Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:44pm

ChildofEarth said: "Well at least we will get a nice surprise at the first preview, at this rate.

It would seem so at this point, but no, we will get the news this week.  

henrikegerman
#807Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:55pm

JIMG, since you seem to be in the loop, are you by any chance able to give us even some general explanation for the persistent suspense?  If the casting has for some time been complete, what could possibly be prompting this prolonged delay?

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#808Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:01pm

henrikegerman said: "JIMG, since you seem to be in the loop, are you by any chance able to give us even some general explanation for the persistent suspense? If the casting has for some time beencomplete, what could possibly be prompting this prolonged delay?"

I thought maybe the Vegas tragedy pushed back the announcement? 

JIMG3
#809Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:06pm

henrikegerman said: "JIMG, since you seem to be in the loop, are you by any chance able to give us even some general explanation for the persistent suspense? If the casting has for some time beencomplete, what could possibly be prompting this prolonged delay?"

It hasn’t been complete for some time. The issue was the role of Henry Higgins. Now that it’s been “resolved”, all will be released this week.  

henrikegerman
#810Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:07pm

Possibly, but if they are waiting for a more respectful time for an announcement, an occasion free of any pressing political or social crisis (and also any climactic one), it may be a very long time.  How many shatteringly tragic events have occurred in the last two weeks alone?  Given the never-ending-state-of-horrors we've endured since November, I'm even tempted to suggest they may want to defer opening until Trump leaves office. 

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 03:07 PM

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#811Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:07pm

kade.ivy said: "henrikegerman said: "JIMG, since you seem to be in the loop, are you by any chance able to give us even some general explanation for the persistent suspense? If the casting has for some time beencomplete, what could possibly be prompting this prolonged delay?"

I thought maybe the Vegas tragedy pushed back the announcement?
"

Just out of curiosity, has this happened before? I guess not every show is set to announce cast right after a national tragedy, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened. (I second the question as well)

JIMG3
#812Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/4/17 at 3:56pm

henrikegerman said: "Possibly, but if they are waiting for a more respectful time for an announcement, an occasion free of any pressing political or social crisis (and alsoany climactic one),it may be a very long time. How many shatteringly tragic events have occurred in the last two weeks alone?Given the never-ending-state-of-horrors we've endured since November, I'm even tempted to suggest they may want to defer opening until Trump leaves office."

Dear God! Please don’t make this about TRUMP! Ugh

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#813Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:00pm

Um, guys...

This just dropped on LCT's website...

"Lauren Ambrose  as Eliza and Harry Hadden-Paton as Higgins lead the cast. You may have seen Lauren’s heart-rending performance as Henny in our Tony® award-winning revival of Awake and Sing!  or as Claire Fisher in “Six Feet Under.” The compelling and dashing Harry is most familiar to American audiences as Bertie (who married Lady Edith) from “Downton Abbey” and as the Queen’s Private Secretary in “The Crown.” The talented and funny two-time Tony® winner Norbert Leo Butz will take on Eliza’s father, Alfred P. Doolittle, and we are honored to have Dame Diana Rigg, the conscience of Higgins’ house, as his mother."

http://www.lct.org/shows/my-fair-lady/

ETA: It's gone now, but it was up 5 minutes ago. Did I luck out? 

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 03:00 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#814Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:03pm

I don't see that on the site...

But I found this... https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/theater/lauren-ambrose-my-fair-lady-broadway.html

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 03:03 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#815Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:04pm

YASSSSSSSS to Dame Diana Rigg, but WTF about everyone else. Even though we knew it would be Ambrose, kinda disappointed still.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#817Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:06pm

raddersons said: "Here's a more legit source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/theater/lauren-ambrose-my-fair-lady-broadway.html
"

Thanks...it was removed from the LCT site. There was also a longer description of the show that was taken down. Glad I wasn't crying wolf for long! 

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#818Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:08pm

It seems worth noting that the Higgins is younger than the Eliza...?

10086sunset
#819Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:08pm

I'm happy to see Butz and Rigg.

That said, I find the announcement of the two leads rather deflating. 

henrikegerman
#820Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:09pm

OMG - and Norbert Leo Butz as Alfred and - beat still my heart! - Diana Rigg as Mrs. Higgins!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/theater/lauren-ambrose-my-fair-lady-broadway.html

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#821Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:10pm

Where's my man Danny Burstein??

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#822Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:11pm

I think Harry Hadden-Paton is wonderful but I feel like Ambrose is more mature looking than he is. But I think they'll both be terrific. 

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#823Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:12pm

Was really hoping for at least Danny. Disappointing all the way around for me. I’ll still see it of course.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#824Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/5/17 at 3:12pm

McMullan artwork revealed:

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Videos