News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello- Page 4

Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#75Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/27/23 at 7:20pm

Yeah I wouldn't say any of that is because people with disabilities are scary... 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#76Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/29/23 at 10:57am

Can someone who saw the Chicago production comment on the nudity and grossness, without spoiling? Trying to decide if this is a good one to bring along our 12 year old daughter.

perfectpenguin
#77Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:02am

Piparoo said: "Can someone who saw the Chicago production comment on the nudity and grossness, without spoiling? Trying to decide if this is a good one to bring along our 12 year old daughter."

Did not see in Chicago but I did read a review that mentioned male nudity. It didn’t provide any more details though. 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#78Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:02am

It's not something to bring a 12 year old to unless she's mature and used to a little bit of grossness. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

perfectpenguin
#79Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/29/23 at 5:17pm

KJisgroovy said: "It's not something to bring a 12 year old to unless she's mature and used to a little bit of grossness."

Hopefully parents aren’t thinking this is a play for kids since there’s a handful of children in the company. 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#80Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 3/29/23 at 7:39pm

perfectpenguin said: "KJisgroovy said: "It's not something to bring a 12 year old to unless she's mature and used to a little bit of grossness."

Hopefully parents aren’t thinking this is a play for kids since there’s a handful of children in the company.
"

I suspected it wasn’t a good fit for us and our daughter but just wanted to confirm. We like the concept and want to support new plays but will look at other options for plays on our upcoming trip in June.

perfectpenguin
#81Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/4/23 at 3:25am

Grey House had its press event last night. I can’t find anything about it other than Jonathan Groff was there. 

perfectpenguin
ardiem
#84Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/14/23 at 2:53pm

Can anyone offer any hints as to what the horror elements entail? Jump scares? Gore? Psychological?

Updated On: 4/14/23 at 02:53 PM

perfectpenguin
#85Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/14/23 at 3:00pm

ardiem said: "Can anyone offer any hints as to what the horror elements entail? Jump scares? Gore? Psychological?"

Best to know nothing going in. But look up Chicago reviews and they’ll give you some info. Not much though 

EAPEAPMO
#86Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/14/23 at 8:29pm

ardiem said: "Can anyone offer any hints as to what the horror elements entail? Jump scares? Gore? Psychological?"

I haven't seen, but the reviews in Chicago seemed to indicate psychological thriller as a cornerstone. The way everyone talks about it in the Groff video posted above seem to indicate the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSekshEDzo&t=1009s&ab_channel=GreyHouseBroadway

ardiem
#87Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/14/23 at 10:28pm

EAPEAPMO - I was hoping to avoid reading the reviews to go into it as cold as possible and your reply was helpful - thank you! I booked for 5/1.

perfectpenguin
#88Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/16/23 at 10:33am

Grey House is on TodayTix so there has to be a discount code floating around somewhere. That said, right now you can save up to $12 in the balcony for some spots if you buy through TodayTix and not Telecharge. Mezz and Orch only a few dollars difference between the two. 

yyys
#89Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 1:54pm

any seats to avoid at the Lyceum? 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#90Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 1:56pm

yyys said: "any seats to avoid at the Lyceum?"

Balcony, if you can avoid it, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind sitting in balconies.

Updated On: 4/17/23 at 01:56 PM

njguy2
#91Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 2:06pm

This just showed up on TDF for multiple dates. Very excited to see this.

Updated On: 4/17/23 at 02:06 PM

BMcGregor
#92Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 2:21pm

yyys said: "any seats to avoid at the Lyceum?"

Balcony for sure, but I'd also say the extreme sides of the first few rows of orchestra. Close to the aisle isn't too bad but the outermost seats have pretty bad sightlines for most shows there. 

yyys
#93Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 2:27pm

is the April 29th show there?

njguy2 said: "This just showed up on TDF for multiple dates. Very excited to see this."

chrishuyen
#94Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 2:31pm

The stage is also pretty high so I'd avoid the first row, but I think they usually use those for rush/lottery.

April 29 is not on TDF, it starts from May 1

perfectpenguin
#95Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 6:56pm

TaffyDavenport said: "yyys said: "any seats to avoid at the Lyceum?"

Balcony, if you can avoid it, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind sitting in balconies.
"

Yikes. I’ll be calling Telecharge tomorrow to try and grt my seat changed. I have a balcony seat for May. How’s the mezz at the Lyceum? 

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#96Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 6:58pm

njguy2 said: "This just showed up on TDF for multiple dates. Very excited to see this."

And yet they won’t put out a discount code.

Updated On: 4/17/23 at 06:58 PM

perfectpenguin
#97Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 7:02pm

Matt Rogers said: "njguy2 said: "This just showed up on TDF for multiple dates. Very excited to see this."

"

There’s got to be one floating around since Today Tix uses discount codes and they have like $10-$12 off for some balcony seats at select shows. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#98Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 7:13pm

perfectpenguin said: "TaffyDavenport said: "yyys said: "any seats to avoid at the Lyceum?"

"

Yikes. I’ll be calling Telecharge tomorrow to try and grt my seat changed. I have a balcony seat for May. How’s the mezz at the Lyceum?
"

Mezzanine is great, even the last row, with very little visible balcony overhang, because it was built so high up.

This is a pic from mezzanine G 2, second to last row on the side, and it looks as if there isn't even a balcony:

Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#99Grey House on Broadway, Spring 2023, directed by Joe Mantello
Posted: 4/17/23 at 7:13pm

perfectpenguin said: "Matt Rogers said: "njguy2 said: "This just showed up on TDF for multiple dates. Very excited to see this."

"

There’s got to be one floating around since Today Tix uses discount codes and they have like $10-$12 off for some balcony seats at select shows.
"

There is not one floating around anywhere yet. I’ve already blown my wad on overpriced Sweeney tickets and a few others. I really want to be see this but not at the prices they are currently charging for any halfway good seat in the theater. 

Videos