News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2- Page 2

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

Alexander Lamar
#25HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:26am

WHEW. I was literally going to pull the trigger on stub hub for Hamilton this week which I really didn’t want to see. I’m ready for this presale!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#26HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:31am

ACL2006 said: "It's still a little bizarre that nothing has been released in regards to them starting before the September 14 date. I figured that this date was agreed upon by the Broadway League and possibly all the unions."

I am not sure what you are referring to. They have consulted with the state and if my guess is correct about vaccinations, the unions will be fine with it. (I do wonder if they were politic about that aspect but we shall see.) The League's agreement is not necessary as it doesn't really have a dog in this race.

rkade21
#27HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:43am

Jordan Catalano said: "But...how? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled and will have Amex in hand to use the presale but I’m confused and the press release doesn’t mention why they’re allowed to do this. "

How does the AmEx presale work? I have an Amex Corp Card but assume you have to charge the tickets on that Amex card as opposed to just using it to get some access code and then can buy it with any card?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:46am

No, I know how the amex presale works. My original statement was wondering how the show was able to start earlier than what I took as the official start date for shows.

rkade21
#29HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:50am

Jordan Catalano said: "No, I know how the amex presale works. My original statement was wondering how the show was able to start earlier than what I took as the official start date for shows. "

Haha I know, I’m asking you HOW the presale works :)

Jordan Catalano
#30HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:52am

Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)

rkade21
#31HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:21am

Damn HADESTOWN will return on September 2

herewegoabc
#32HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:32am

I'm another one coming from out of state for the "return of Broadway" on September 14th... This bums me out because I've already bought tickets, booked flights and hotel, and taken off from work. I assumed even with the technical go- ahead for everything to open full force that there was some kind of agreement in the Broadway community that September 14th would be the official start date for shows to start reopening.

rkade21
#33HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:46am

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

Solution - get a no fee AmEx card before June 1 :)

is it limited to certain cards? (eg Gold, Platinum, etc??)

ijest22
#34HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:55am

rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

"

Gold and up

rkade21
#35HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:13pm

ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

"

Gold and up
"

Seriously? I can’t find any info or terms and conditions stating this. Ugh 

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#36HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:34pm

troynow said: "Very bizarre....

I have heard that Hadestown is NOT cleared by the Actor's Union to even begin rehearsals. 

Well...I can promise you they already have rehearsals scheduled. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#37HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:51pm

rkade21 said: "ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

"

Gold and up
"

"

I don't know if that's actually true - it would state it on the website.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rkade21
#38HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:59pm

dramamama611 said: "rkade21 said: "ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

"

Gold and up
"

"

I don't know if that's actually true - it would state it on the website."

I’ve found a site that lists wifi all cards for “American Express preferred seating” and it is indeed some higher level cards (those with annual fees) but that doesn’t automatically sound the same as Ticket Access. On the phone woth amex as I type this and they don’t even seem to know.

Jordan Catalano
#39HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:06pm

Ken Davenport posted on Facebook -
“After anticipation from the show's fans, Hadestown just announced the earliest reopening date from the other Broadway shows. The September 2nd opening was coordinated with Jujamcyn Theaters, Broadway League, and Cuomo's office. Do you think other shows will try the same now?”

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#40HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:06pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "troynow said: "Very bizarre....

I have heard that Hadestown is NOT cleared by the Actor's Union to even begin rehearsals.

Well...I can promise you they already have rehearsals scheduled.
"

These two things are not mutually exclusive. Equity has not "cleared" anything for Broadway yet because both research and negotiations are ongoing. But that does not mean that rehearsals have not been scheduled. People have to be engaged, and for a date certain. It's a fool's errand to get too far ahead of the evolving situation, but these things clearly will be worked out. (Claffey said essentially the same thing today, for the stagehands.)

AllThatJazz2
#41HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:10pm

rkade21 said: "dramamama611 said: "rkade21 said: "ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

"

Gold and up
"

"

I don't know if that's actually true - it would state it on the website."

I’ve found a site that lists wifi all cards for “American Express preferred seating” and it is indeed some higher level cards (those with annual fees) but that doesn’t automatically sound the same as Ticket Access. On the phone woth amex as I type this and they don’t even seem to know."

My understanding is that for Amex presales, any Amex card gets you ticket access, but for "preferred seating" access, you need a certain level of card. I have the most basic Amex available, solely for the purpose of Amex presales, and have never had an issue accessing tickets, but don't have the access to the "preferred seating" Gold cards, etc., enjoy.

bwayoutdoors
#42HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:13pm

rkade21 said: "dramamama611 said: "rkade21 said: "ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

I’ve found a site that lists wifi all cards for “American Express preferred seating” and it is indeed some higher level cards (those with annual fees) but that doesn’t automatically sound the same as Ticket Access. On the phone woth amex as I type this and they don’t even seem to know."

If it's how these things typically work, all AMEX cardholders will have access to the presale, but sometimes Gold cardholders and up get access to "preferred" seats - so not all seats are open to all cardholders.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#43HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:20pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Ken Davenport posted on Facebook -
“After anticipation from the show's fans, Hadestown just announced the earliest reopening date from the other Broadway shows. The September 2nd opening was coordinated with Jujamcyn Theaters, Broadway League, and Cuomo's office. Do you think other shows will try the same now?”
"

Who is KD asking? LOL (I thought he had all the answers.) I think it is not likely because it means rejuggling a lot of people's calendars, and that's just chaos looking for a place to happen. I also think that the TV three (LK, Wicked, and Hamilton) are planning to make a splash and still will. (As I more or less said earlier, big splashes and Labor Day weekend do not mix well.) Could someone else shift? Sure, but I don't think it will be a wholesale thing. 

Jordan Catalano
#44HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:22pm

I don’t think a lot will but I can see at least one. Especially since Ticketmaster is offering refunds and exchanges on all tickets purchased.

rkade21
#45HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:34pm

bwayoutdoors said: "rkade21 said: "dramamama611 said: "rkade21 said: "ijest22 said: "rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh lol. Yeah you need to pay with the Amex. :)"

If it's how these things typically work, all AMEX cardholders will have access to the presale, but sometimes Gold cardholders and up get access to "preferred" seats - so not all seats are open to all cardholders.

"

This is the conclusion I’ve drawn as well. Presale for all, preferred for some. I’m applying for the lowest fee option with preferred eligibility, just in case!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#46HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:39pm

Very cool, shows can open now they just refuse to because they would lose money. Understandable. But, it's very cool that Hadestown will have limited capacity, making it pretty special and SPACIOUS for their audience. 

Or, Gov might move up the date anytime, who knows. 

Theatrefanboy1
#47HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:44pm

I’m curious about casting. Whether amber and Patrick will be back. I would also love a to hear brendon urie take over for reeve. At least for a bit.

Jordan Catalano
#48HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:44pm

Did it say that it was limited capacity? I looked for that but didn’t see it anywhere.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#49HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:46pm

Well, Broadway can open for 100% capacity on September 14th. So, I just did the math. It's very much an assumption on my part though. 

Videos