News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2- Page 4

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

Alexander Lamar
#75HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 6:26pm

Andre DeShields posted the re-opening announcement on his IG.

bway0
#76HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 6:58pm

Because I have nothing better to do with my free time, I checked the current Hadestown cast to their Instagram accounts for posts about September reopening. Posting about it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re coming back. This is what I found:

Posted about Sept. return:

Afra Hines
Andre De Shields
Eva Noblezada
Khaila Wilcoxen
Patrick Page
Kimberly Marable
Timothy Hughes
John Krause
T Oliver Reid
Yvette Gonzalez Nacer
Jewelle Blackman
Reeve Carney
Malcolm Armwood

Did not post about the Sept. return:
Kim Steele
Adam Hyndman
Damani Van Rensalier
Kay Trinidad Kerns
Amber Grey - she doesn’t use social media
Jessie Shelton - seems like her IG is no longer there? Couldn’t find it.

New to Hadestown
Taylor Colleton - Worker #1 & Worker #2 Vacation Swing - posted about Sept. return

Yael Reich - announced March 2020 joining Hadestown but did not say in what capacity

Known departures:
Anthony Chapman - leaving as of April 2020

Updated On: 5/24/21 at 06:58 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#77HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 12:21am

The8re phan said: "
Pre COVID it was rumored that Amber was leaving and Kimberly Marable was to take over as Persephone. I’m interested in who’s returning and who’s coming in new."
May just be wishful thinking on my part, but i'd imagine Amber will return, at least for a few months, in order to give her proper 'goodbye' to the show
"

Patrick's Instagram vid show major leads at rehearsal, e.g., Amber, Patrick, Eva, et al. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#78HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 12:22am

The8re phan said: "
Pre COVID it was rumored that Amber was leaving and Kimberly Marable was to take over as Persephone. I’m interested in who’s returning and who’s coming in new."
May just be wishful thinking on my part, but i'd imagine Amber will return, at least for a few months, in order to give her proper 'goodbye' to the show
"

Patrick's Instagram vid show major leads at rehearsal, e.g., Amber, Patrick, Eva, et al. 

Rob120 Profile Photo
Rob120
#79HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 12:33am

That was a #tbt (throw back Thursday) pic from the first Broadway rehearsal 2 years ago. I wouldn’t take that as having anything to do with today’s news.

bear88
#80HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 4:59am

Aside from my concern about proof of vaccination requirements, or the lack thereof, I will concede this is the first announcement of a returning show that has me tempted to return to Broadway in the fall.

That doesn't mean I will come, but the idea of watching Andre De Shields come walking out at the beginning of the show gives me the goose bumps that other people get from hearing and seeing Glinda's "It's good to see me, isn't it?" line at the start of Wicked.

Hadestown was the last show I saw on Broadway on my last trip in New York City before the pandemic, so there would be some symmetry to seeing it first on my next one.

Plus, my daughter texted me with the news and was quite pleased to hear that Eva Noblezada is returning to the show.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#81HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:10am

Hades ticket sale up on Seat Geek but need access code. Anyone know?

Updated On: 5/25/21 at 10:10 AM

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#82HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:14am

Could their earlier return have to do with the theater's capacity? They're below 1,000.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#83HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:28am

Tix don't go onsale until 6/1 for AmEx holders; 6/8 for 'fans'; 6/11 for everyone else.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#84HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:41am

bear88 said: "Aside from my concern about proof of vaccination requirements, or the lack thereof, I will concede this is the first announcement of a returning show that has me tempted to return to Broadway in the fall.

NY Times article stating no show announced vax requirement for patrons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/theater/hadestown-broadway-reopening.html?smid=url-share

"Broadway producers are planning to open their shows at full capacity, meaning no social distancing, and with mandatory masks, although it is unclear how changing conditions in the country might affect that. Thus far no shows are planning to require patrons to show proof of vaccination, but “Hamilton” has said it expects to mandate vaccinations for cast and crew."

Updated On: 5/25/21 at 10:41 AM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#85HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:48am

JayElle said:  (quoting the Times)"Broadway producers are planning to open their shows at full capacity, meaning no social distancing, and with mandatory masks, although it is unclear how changing conditions in the country might affect that. Thus far no shows are planning to require patrons to show proof of vaccination, but “Hamilton” has said it expects to mandate vaccinations for cast and crew.""

As I said elsewhere, individual producers will not get to decide what the rules are. The state and the unions will have to be satisfied. Of course, that does not mean that a producer cannot impose additional requirements.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#86HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:56am

Could someone be so kind to DM how Amex presale works? Or reply here? Thank you!

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#87HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 11:30am

"bear88 said: "Aside from my concern about proof of vaccination requirements, or the lack thereof, I will concede this is the first announcement of a returning show that has me tempted to return to Broadway in the fall.

Bear88, lead producer recognizes potential adjustments.  If you want to see show, take a chance.  Shows have sold out first night without vax requirement because folks want to get back. I share the same reluctance about sitting next to an unknown vaxxed person, but having been vaxxed, I'm moving on.

I bought tkts to many shows.  There is the refund tab next to the orders I have so far. They work because I tried it already. Signed into account and clicked refund. $ back in 2 days. I also refunded extra Music Man tickets via Telecharge rep. No questions asked.  

So if you're only interested in this show, you do have an out.  Unlike many naysayers in these chats, I actually buy tickets and put alot of my money where my mouth is.  Things will get better.

Excerpt:    "The show’s producers said they had consulted with the office of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo as well as the Broadway League on their plan....

The “Hadestown” announcement advises that “protocols may include mask enforcement, increased cleaning and ventilation/filtration enhancements, vaccination or negative test verification.” Isaacs said it was too soon to be more specific.

“If there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that things will likely change between now and when we reopen, so it’s not smart to make a decision today about what protocols will be required in September,” she said. “We will do whatever science and public health officials tell us is appropriate.”

“... She said that “Hadestown” wanted to open in early September for logistical reasons — the creative team is juggling the Broadway reopening with a new production in Korea and a North American tour — but also because “we felt we had a responsibility to get people back to work as quickly as possible.”

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#88HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 12:27pm

VotePeron said: "Could someone be so kind to DM how Amex presale works? Or reply here? Thank you!"

You need to enter the customer service phone number on the back of your AMEX to unlock the tickets, and pay at checkout with said AMEX.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#89HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 1:38pm

We had tickets to Hadestown in May 2020, and I just got an e-mail today saying that there would be a pre-sale from 5/27 to 5/31 for people whose original tickets were canceled.

Not gonna lie, Hadestown is the one show that I would buy opening night tickets for. The catch is I'm located in California and if I made a trip, Hadestown would be the only thing I'd get to see. We'll likely stick to our previous October/November timeline, when more shows are open.

Since there's discussion of who is returning, Kay Trinidad Karns recently posted that she's 31 weeks pregnant, for what it's worth. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#90HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 2:06pm

VotePeron said: "Could someone be so kind to DM how Amex presale works? Or reply here? Thank you!"

Check your PM, VotePeron.  I did accidentally send the same one 2 times, but it has a list of the actual cards that are accepted.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#91HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 2:09pm

Kitsune said: "We had tickets to Hadestown in May 2020, and I just got an e-mail today saying that there would be a pre-sale from 5/27 to 5/31 for people whose original tickets were canceled.

Gladly got the same email.  Had Hades tickets for 2020 and 2021.  

Longest tickets held & still have: Music Man since Aug/Sept 2019.

•  

BwayMan3
#92HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 2:17pm

Hello, if anyone received the email regarding early ticket sales on 5/27 and you're not planning on purchasing tickets, I'd be so grateful if you'd allow me to use your link.

Please PM me if you can. Thanks!

UWOtorontoboy Profile Photo
UWOtorontoboy
#93HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 3:41pm

BwayMan3 said: "Hello, if anyone received the email regarding early ticket sales on 5/27 and you're not planning on purchasing tickets, I'd be so grateful if you'd allow me to use your link.

"

I would be super grateful if someone would share their presale code/link for May 27 with me as well (if they're not planning to purchase tickets for Hadestown). This show was the last one I saw on Broadway before everything shut down, so I would love to see it again as my first.

Updated On: 5/25/21 at 03:41 PM

DrewJoseph
#94HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 3:44pm

Does anyone know if tickets will be refundable? I am from overseas and have a trip planned for november. Strong chance at that time I still wont be able to travel though. I just dont want to miss my shot at seeing the original cast (most of them).

AllThatJazz2
#95HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 3:46pm

UWOtorontoboy said: "BwayMan3 said: "Hello, if anyone received the email regarding early ticket sales on 5/27 and you're not planning on purchasing tickets, I'd be so grateful if you'd allow me to use your link.

"

I would be super grateful if someone would share their presale code/link for May 27with me as well (if they're not planning to purchase tickets for Hadestown. This show was the last one I saw on Broadway before everything shut down, so I would love to see it again as my first.
"

Those presale links for folks who had previously bought/cancelled tickets require you to link your Seat Geek account to the email sent by Jujamcyn, so I don't think they can be shared with others. 

AllThatJazz2
#96HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 3:47pm

DrewJoseph said: "Does anyone know if tickets will be refundable? I am from overseas and have a trip planned for november. Strong chance at that time I still wont be able to travel though. I just dont want to miss my shot at seeing the original cast (most of them)."

Per Jujamcyn's website, tickets will be refundable/exchangable through February 28th: https://www.jujamcyn.com/refunds-exchanges/

UWOtorontoboy Profile Photo
UWOtorontoboy
#97HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 3:48pm

Thank you for the heads up! I'll try my luck with the AMEX presale on June 1st.

DrewJoseph
#98HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 4:11pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "DrewJoseph said: "Does anyone know if tickets will be refundable? I am from overseas and have a trip planned for november. Strong chance at that time I still wont be able to travel though. I just dont want to miss my shot at seeing the original cast (most of them)."

Per Jujamcyn's website, tickets will be refundable/exchangable through February 28th:https://www.jujamcyn.com/refunds-exchanges/
"

Oh thats great! Thanks for sharing.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#99HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 4:26pm

I do wonder if “Hadestown” will set some more dominoes in motion in terms of earlier reopenings... for instance, i don’t think it’s too irrational that “Come From Away” could move up their reopening ten days, to 9/11.

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos