News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- Page 3

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#50re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:12pm

From C, thry never mentione ea and John in the oening creadits. No shows have started yet.

SNL where did you get the Hairspray logo?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Yankeefan007
#51re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:17pm

What did Xanadu perform?

Up In Lost
#52re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:19pm

A medley.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Brave Sir Robin2
#53re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:20pm

LB just aired and it was WEAK. Overall, it seeed lacking and thesong was shortened.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Brave Sir Robin2
#54re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:22pm

YF did AMAZING, but they performed this on the Today show

Updated On: 11/22/07 at 12:22 PM

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#55re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:27pm

Well, what do you expect? Acting is about assuming a character and costumes are so much a part of that. So without the costumes, performing to 50 million people has to be intensely offputting.

Actually, as I was watching the cast of LB, my heart was breaking for them. This is a big event and they were forced to perform in.... Macy's mufti. Now there's a new souvenir.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#56re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:29pm

Xanadu was great, but you could tell it all seemed a little awkward .

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#57re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:35pm

My Tivo cut the XANADU number into two parts-- I only saw "All Over The World" & the finale number "Xanadu".

Its nice to see Curtis Holbrook, Marty Thomas & the rest of the cast on TV. I love it !

Cheyenne Jackson is looking good as usual ..Alright for wearing tank top and lookin' hot on TV !! and what's his tattoo?

I love Xanadu soo much (everyone knows that) and Kerry Butler (she's my girl) but her wig seems horrendous on TV ! is it just me? but in the theater -she has this beautiful- somehow curly blonde wig... the wig she had today was a bit dry & not the best in shape...sorry to say that ! I love Xanadu and i wont say anything bad about the show, but in all honestly - I somehow dont like her wig! but her performance was always grrreat re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

J*

Updated On: 11/22/07 at 12:35 PM

DidYouReallyHearMe
#58re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:50pm

Anyone have any online clips of the performances?
I missed them all this morning!

Thanks!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#59re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:56pm

I was disappointed that SA was not the "Totally ******" number

Poster Emeritus

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#60re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 12:58pm

It sounds great, I'll catch it later in broadcasts. I am proud of LB for doing their best in a tough situation. I am sure the original costumes are great. If anything now people will be curious to see what they missed. I hope the Stagehands share their donuts with them for not crossing the picket line or pitching a fit for not having their costumes. I bet some wardrobe people still helped out because that is just what they live for.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#61re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:05pm

Is Kerry Butler always that nasally when she sings?

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#62re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:06pm

Anakela, they made that Elle/Warner banner, at least that's what people were saying at the theatre yesterday. I was there when they walked up with it.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Brave Sir Robin2
#63re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:06pm

Xanadu makes me want to see it, but it wasn't amazing. My favorite was Mary Poppins because of the high energy that every other shows, save Xanadu, lacked.

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#64re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:09pm

How was legally blonde? I missed it. And when did they perform?

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#65re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:12pm

Anakela, they made that Elle/Warner banner, at least that's what people were saying at the theatre yesterday. I was there when they walked up with it.

Did Jerry Mitchell make it? :) Lol, I just totally have this mental image in my head of Jerry Mitchell now taking over making props, as well as directing and choreographing. Thanks for that info- it was really great, looked like the regular u/s banner that they use in the show.

Legally Blonde on MTV right now, the extra special singalong version- What You Want (with the costumes) up next!!

Updated On: 11/22/07 at 01:12 PM

neddyfrank2
#66re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:12pm

Legally Blonde showcased Laura Bell's very visible pit stains.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#67re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:13pm

^^^ soo funny ! re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Legally Blonde performed "What You Want" they started with the line .... she did not bother to send a personal essay... So how's this for personal essay!

Most of them are just wearing LB's t-shirt except for the Harvard Admission Committee. ( I dont know why theyre in costume?-if costume dept is in solidarity with the strike)

J*

Updated On: 11/22/07 at 01:13 PM

Brave Sir Robin2
#68re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:18pm

I loved the Build-A-Bear and Barbie floats.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#69re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:23pm

I concur that Legally Blonde should've done the Remix, for all the reasons listed above... plus, I was a little sad that there was no Kate Shindle.

YF was great, and Sutton's arm flailing and expressions totally made my day.

Also, seeing Cheyenne in those shorts... yum.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#70re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:29pm

^^yup.. in short , tank top , big biceps and his hairy armpit ! wow !

Am I the only one that gets turn on with the sight of Cheyenne's hairy armpit?
too much ! whoa!!! re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

J*
Updated On: 11/22/07 at 01:29 PM

gottadance2 Profile Photo
gottadance2
#71re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:43pm

I LOVED the arrangement of "Give My Regards To Broadway" with that rock feel. Lea Michele and Jon Groff sounded great on that recording. They're cute as pie.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#72re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:45pm

NIKKI LOOKED SOOO CUTE!!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#73re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:48pm

I thought Legally Blonde did well under the circumstances. They win since their show is being rebroadcast on MTV today. Someone should have mentioned that. The worst part about their performance was the camera work, but it got better with each performance. Young Frankenstein and Mary Poppins came off well, but Xanadu wasn't working for me. I guess they were lip-syncing, right? Kerry seemed to be a word behind the entire time and her wig did look pretty horrendous. The saving grace was Cheyenne though he's looking a little scrawny to me. And if TV really adds ten pounds then he needs a sandwich really bad.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#74re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:53pm

OMG, I am loving this New Menudo!

*goes to itunes*

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Videos