News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- Page 4

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Ed_Mottershead
#75re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 1:57pm

I've said this on another site already, but the LB segment reminded me of how awful the show is. The lack of so-called costumes didn't bother me one bit - I don't think anything can be done to fix that piece of you-know-what (IM0). On the other hand, the Xanadu segment did not do justice to that show. It was great to salivate over Cheyenne once again, but, much though I absolutly adore him, he's not the entire show - one of the joys of the piece is the total ensemble. But at least I have another momento of a show to which I'm particulary partial. The segment from YF, on the other hand, did total justice to the show and, after this, anyone who'd spend $450 a pop to see this garbage deserves to sit though that monstrosity both matinee and evening for the rest of their life.

BroadwayEd

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#76re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:03pm

the best thing about the legally blonde performance? Matthew Risch and his oh so tight jeans!

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#77re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:03pm

double post
Updated On: 11/22/07 at 02:03 PM

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#78re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:18pm

Jaystarr - It looked like Cheyenne's tattoo said 'Daddy Uber' lol. Must be an inside joke (as in ... "I don't get that joke!") And no - you are not alone... I liked seeing his armpit hair too - haha.

I thought they sounded amazing and I loved the correography & camerawork. Maybe I'm prejudiced but I was so proud of them I literally cried for joy while watching. Can't wait till Saturday when I'll be back on-stage re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#79re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:20pm

Is there any gay man here who DIDN'T like seeing Cheyenne's armpit hair? re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#80re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:46pm

I don't think they should have performed the LB Remix. Ppl would be like "WTF?" when the irish dancing part came. But maybe if they would have cut out the Irish dance it might have worked.

I also just read (on witches of oz) that the "ELLE & WARNER" banner that was used today in the parade, has been used before in LB when an understudy goes on for Elle or Warner. Because the original banner has Laura and Richards picture on it. It still doesn't make much sense why they used that one today. But thats just what I've heard... Updated On: 11/22/07 at 02:46 PM

neddyfrank2
#81re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 2:53pm

Jeffery- His tattoo had somebody's name on it. I am pretty sure one was Maddy or something and the other was Amber.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#82re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:42pm

Matthew Risch=Hott!

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#83re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 4:29pm

What tattoo?? Does he actually have one or is it fake for the character?

Dammit, I missed it.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#84re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 5:05pm

The best/worst part was that even though the strike was mentioned, it was not mentioned that THAT was the reason LB looked so shabby and the other shows were still open so that's why they had theirs. It made the LB group look really unprofessional. I know if I didn't live here and was planning a trip, that would have made me say "Um, watch them in track pants or mini skirts and obvious merchandise t-shirts? NO THANKS." I think it would have been better for them to pull out of performing.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#85re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 5:19pm

The banner should have said "Watch Legally Blonde today on MTV. Check local listings."

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#86re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 5:43pm

any clips floating out there in cyberland?

jeffrey1dog
#87re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:13pm

BroomstickBoy - No - not a real tattoo, but in the show he normally draws on colored chalk lines (he's an artist - lol) but I'd swear neddyfrank2 it said Daddy Uber (it was hand written on w/ like a magic marker or something like that)
We'll find out, if not before then, I'll ask him myself on Saturday re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

neddyfrank2
#88re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:34pm

I just re-watched it and the first word definitely said MADDY, I couldn't make out the second but it looked like _aber.

??
#89re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:49pm

Kerry Butler is extremely annoying. I understand this is lip synching but she couldn't even do it right. She stumbled around on those skates looking like she was h*gh. Apparently, opening your eyes wide and rolling your head around is acting.

As for the pre-recorded music, I think Kerry Butlers talent is that she can imitate people decently. She didn't make any of the songs her own, rather just copied Olivia Newton-John. When I saw her in Little Shop, all she did was do a bad Ellen Green impersonation. I'm sorry, I just don't see the big deal about her.

As for the parade itself, it's a shame it gets schlockier every year. The lip synching becomes worse and worse.

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#90re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:36pm

Did anyone else see Spamalot on the CBS broadcast? They sang Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life. They were in full costume and props.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

jeffrey1dog
#91re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 8:52pm

Neddyfrank2 - You were right. A little birdy told me the tattoos were for Cheyenne's neices, Amber & Maddy.
That was so nice. I'm sure they really appreciated it.
He's such a good guy re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

And to ?? (whoever you are) Kerry Butler is doing a send-up (tribute) to ONJ. It's a parody. The accent is exagerated on purpose (like when she calls him Sonny Malowennnnne)
The whole show is a wink, wink kind of thing, get it? And she was mugging for the camera. I thought it was so funny on the close-up. They all do stuff like that in the show. That's why it floors me every time.

Updated On: 11/22/07 at 08:52 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#92re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:17pm

Boy ~ Do you KNOW it was the current cast? They seem to have done that number the past couple of years. It's highly possible it was prerecorded a couple of years ago. I didn't see it, but I know they did it at least last year.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

missyrose87
#93re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:26pm

does anybody have any clips or pictures? I am interested to see what the M+Ms float looked like.

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#94re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:27pm

Jordangirl, I have no ideal if it was the current cast. It was not the original cast. It may have been a re-broadcast. I thought it strange that they did the song again, but if they were re-running why did they only do Spamalot and not the other show they had last year?

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#95re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:33pm

I don't watch CBS so I don't know what they did last year. Could be licensing issues? Who knows. NBC has the REAL and OFFICIAL broadcast, why bother with the cheap imitation? :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

trinaaron Profile Photo
trinaaron
#96re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:39pm

As commercials for these shows, Mary Poppins and Young Frankenstein came off well, Legally Blonde suffered from the lack of costumes and such, while Xanadu.....was not good at all. Anyone unfamiliar with the show must have thought that this is Broadway at its most camp, and not as satire.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#97re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 10:42pm

I love how every musical performed was a musical version of a movie.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Mattbrain
#98re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:05pm

Am I the only one who DIDN'T see a rock rearrangement of Give My Regards to Broadway coming?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#99re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:11pm

I love how every musical performed was a musical version of a movie.

I did not notice that.

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

Videos