News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 62

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1525SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:14am

This. Show.

Kyle gets around and I like that about him. There's always some new boy up in his grill.

Leslie Odious Junior Mint! Could I be any less invested?

Like every other episode as of late, it just sets up things in the first ten minutes to be only resolved forty minutes later. Until next week when we're back at square one again.

Updated On: 4/14/13 at 02:14 AM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1526SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 4:14am

This season on Smush!...

The older lady that told Tom that Bombless was excellent after the first preview is also producing a musical. There is still time for Karen to leave a 2nd Broadway bound project to star in this 3rd show so that Ivy can leave Bombcasing and take Karen's role in Hit List just after Opening Night. This will set up Ivy getting nominated for 3 Tony Awards (Liasons, SH*T List & SureBomb) only to lose to her mother who despite being a larger than life personality isn't seen at any tech rehearsal.

This of course will be the secondary plot to Derek winning the Best Director Tony for Bomb-omb via write in vote spearheaded by a campaign from Jimmy who is convinced that Derek is sabotaging Hit Lust (and subsequently his own career) simply because he asked for yellow mustard on a sandwich but someone had the audacity to give him Grey Poupon instead.

And that's what you missed on Glee! Er...Smash...er what's the ****ing difference...commercial!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1527SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 6:42am

"Ok, it's the morning of the first preview of Julia's show and she has time to go down to NYTW to sit in on a Hit List rehearsal!?!? Especially after the invited dress was such a mess and Eileen just told her and Tom that it was a troubled production? "

Because SMASH is basically a saop opera with a Broadway backdrop and not going to be always realistic. Plus, Tom told Julia he did not need her so they explained the reason she left even if it is not totally believable.

"Loved Hilty's nudity choice"
I agree and it fit the show (Bombshell) perfectly.

"Why aren't Tom and Julia sitting in the back of the orchestra taking notes? "

Maybe they have a great memory - lol

"Ivy turning the alarm off! I liked that scene between her and Derek, but damn this show is one long iPhone commercial. "

Most of the best scenes in both seasons of SMASH have been between Ivy and Derek, they have good chemistry IMO.

SamIAm2
#1528SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 9:56am

I loved the plot lines focusing on Ivy and how brilliant a performer Megan Hilty manages to be while surrounded by dreck. Hilty's performance on Smash parallels Ivy's performance in her last show, maintaining artistic integrity in a ludicrous production.

I think about how the actors' participation in Smash will impact their careers. Established pros like Christian Borle and Brian D'arcy James should not be set back, I would think. Megan Hilty is so good here that this role should advance her career. Will Katherine McPhee ever get another acting job, perhaps restricted now to a career as a singer? Your thoughts?

FindMe12
#1529SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:25am

No one mentioned Ellis' brief cameo in bed with Tom in the beginning of the show!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1530SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:29am

I couldn't tell who it was.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ham3
#1531SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:32am

That was still part of his dreaming, wasn't it?

FindMe12
#1532SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:33am

Yes, he dreamed he was on stage naked, then woke up screaming only to find Ellis next to him only to actually wake up screaming, as anyone who would be sleeping with Ellis would do.

Ham3
#1533SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:45am

They said we would see Ellis again this season, guess that was it.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1534SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:05am

SamIAM2 - Don't think being on SMASH will really hurt anyone even McPhee. Personally, I think it is fairly obvious that Hilty will benefit the most and I truly expect Emmy nomination for her. I think Borle has done a good job with his role and the times he has sung and danced it has been excellent. D'arcy James was ok and never sang at all to my recollection. I think Messing has shown she is better suited for comedy than "Drama". As for McPhee, I believe she will be mainly a singer. If she wants to pursue acting she needs to go take some acting classes and hopefully get another chance.

FindingNamo
#1535SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:14am

The only one it will damage is McPhee. Hilty will be the gorgeous rose who blooms from this experience. The rest will all be fine.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1536SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:14am

I truly expect Emmy nomination for her.

The only thing that has less of a shot of happening is Smash getting renewed for a 3rd season.

Hilty isn't beating out in the drama field:
Claire Danes, Michelle Dockery, Julianna Marguiles, Elisabeth Moss, Kerry Washington, Connie Britton

Hilty isn't beating out in the Comedy field:
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Lena Dunham, Melissa McCarthy, Zooey Deschanel, Edie Falco or Amy Poehler

So, unless there is a horrific accident in Hollywood or 4-5 front runners in either category refuse a nomination I wouldn't hold my breath for Smash getting anything at the Emmys other than a spot in the "In Memoriam" section.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1537SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:23am

I loved the episode, it was just perfect. There truly wasn't anything I didn't like about the episode.

Bombshell is looking great, Ivy NEEDS to win the Tony, she's simply spectacular.

I'm really happy for Kyle, he's finally standing up for himself.

Really hoping that Hit List doesn't turn out to be the Once of the season and wins every award.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1538SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:24am

Patronus, Hilty is a lock to win for the fourth season of SMASH, don't you know?
In all seriousness though, or at least as much seriousness as this show commands, Hilty continues to walk away with every episode in which she's not asked to pretend that it makes sense for Liza to sing her a song. McPhee continues to show what a great future she has in any career that doesn't involve acting.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1539SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:31am

"Bombshell is looking great, Ivy NEEDS to win the Tony, she's simply spectacular.

Really hoping that Hit List doesn't turn out to be the Once of the season and wins every award. "

You.....do know that SMASH isn't a documentary, right?

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1540SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:40am

I'm well aware.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1541SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:42am

Ok, cool. Just checking.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1542SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:49am

"YOU WERE IN TECH!"

That episode actually wasn't horrible and mostly made sense. It's kind of weird to me that it was the episode with the least amount of music in it.

I'm not sure why everyone was so flummoxed about Ivy's accidental nudity. It's not like the audience knew there shouldn't have been any nor would it have caused so many gasps. I loved her choice about the nudity because she definitely made it more impactful placing it where she did. Not really sure an actress could just make a change like that herself.

Thank god Sam is off the show again. He added absolutely nothing but asinine sub sub plots. Ana trying to get it with Jimmy's drug dealer should make for a really fascinating storyline. And don't even get me started on that Karen thing. Her whining and high opinion of herself is just laughable.

Do anyone think the number that was staged in the audience could actually happen? It seems like that's a lot of seats that would remain unsold.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
Updated On: 4/14/13 at 11:49 AM

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1543SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 11:50am

But Hilty would not be up for Lead come Emmy time, they would put her in supporting.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Ham3
#1544SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:34pm

The number about studying Method acting, with the cast out in the audience; that wasn't on the CD I believe.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1545SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:38pm

Yes it is, it is called "Dig Deep".

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

SporkGoddess
#1546SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:41pm

Everyone turning on Karen and Kyle finally standing up to Jimmy made me SO HAPPY.

Although Tom being mad at Julia made very little sense to me. She always asked if he needed her and he said no!

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1547SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:44pm

I think it had more to do with the Derek situation.

hermisicoso Profile Photo
hermisicoso
#1548SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:44pm

I "heard" one of the characters will die by season's end...is that something we can discuss here?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1549SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:47pm

Why couldn't you discuss it?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos