News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 63

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

hermisicoso Profile Photo
hermisicoso
#1550SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:48pm

I am not sure what the spoilers policy is here...just don't want to offend.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1551SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:50pm

There is no policy. However, it is appreciated that you label any possible spoilers like this:

*******Spoiler*******
Blah, blah, blah
***End of Spoiler***

So people can avoid it if they choose to.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

hermisicoso
#1552SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:54pm

************SPOILER DISCUSSION************
Ok, you have been warned.....

I heard an interview with Jeremy Jordan. Apparently a major character dies by season's end...my guess it will be Krysta Rodriguez (Ana Vargas / The Diva)...especially seeing how last night's episode ended. Jeremy would be the obvious choice but hey, it would be more tragic if it were her, no?

Discussion welcomed.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1553SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:54pm

Well the ratings are out and Smash has hit a series low: 0.4

I'm a little surprised; didn't think it would slip below a 0.5 before the end, but I guess it's now a question of how low can it go?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/14/tv-ratings-saturday-smash-sinks-even-lower-bet-on-your-baby-premires-weak/177699/

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dramamama611
#1554SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:00pm

Ouch. I would guess that some of the blame for the low ratings can be placed on the ever changing time slot.

To be honest, I'm not sure if anyone would care who dies (assuming it's true), after all, the series is almost over anyway. How many episodes are left?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AEA AGMA SM
#1555SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:03pm

I agree with dramamama, there just seemed to be a whole lot of confusion as to what time it was airing last night. Not that I ever expected to see even halfway decent numbers with the move to Saturday, but that could explain why it hit its lowest yet. It could also hurt DVR adjustments, since it sounded like people were saying their DVR menus weren't even giving accurate times so not everyone may have even been able to get it recorded properly.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1556SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:06pm

Worse than Bet on Your Baby? Yikes!

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

dramamama611
#1557SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:10pm

LOL....I just had a conversation at b'fast about Bet on Your Baby! My favorite waitress thought it was a hoot.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1558SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:17pm

That Derek alarm thing was so dumb. But since they invented the "you can't stay overnight" trait for Ivy for this episode, one knew it would be solved by episode's end.

I felt bad for the people who weren't in the orchestra during "Dig Deep" last night. It must be pretty dull if everything is happening in the middle of the orchestra aisle if you're sitting in the mezzanine.

I want to see Ellis in Kyle's bed.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#1559SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:19pm

Not to wish it in real life, but the death of the writers would be welcomed at this point.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

trixigold
#1560SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:20pm

TV Guide(published a couple of weeks before) gave the start time as 9:00; the online site Zap2It (checked later in the week) gave an 8:00 start time, which it wound up being. Add to that some markets were pre-empting it for infomercials, and it's no wonder it wound up so low in the ratings.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1561SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:25pm

SPOILER*******

Yes one character dies and another gets pregnant.

END SPOILER*********

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

hermisicoso
#1562SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:28pm

******* SPOILER Discussion *******
My prediction:
Vargas dies / Hilty gets pregnant.

******* End Spoiler *******

Mind you, I agree with most on here, they really went the wrong way with this show. I would have preferred something grounded in a bit more reality. Spielberg said the series was "to be an absolutely authentic depiction of an arcane world".....oh well, they went in the totally wrong direction.

Updated On: 4/14/13 at 01:28 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1563SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:29pm

I hope it's not Kyle! A baby would just tie him down!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1564SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:36pm

E. Davis - Exactly. That was my thought when I said I think Hilty will get Emmy nomination. Every article about SMASH always mentions how good she is and sure that will help even with a low watched show.

ClydeBarrow
#1565SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:41pm

It's kind of funny that on Bet on Your Baby they chant "Smash that pig" during the final round.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1566SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:43pm

"Ouch. I would guess that some of the blame for the low ratings can be placed on the ever changing time slot."

I enjoy the show and want to watch it every week. I was not sure what time it was going to be on this week. If a regular viewer does not know that how can they expect to add viewers. SMASH has gone from two hour premiere on Monday starting at 9pm and then missed a week due to SOTU. It then was switched to 10pm on Monday night. After weeks at that time, it was switched to Saturday at 9pm for one week and opposite the NCAA basketball final four game. It was then moved to 8pm yesterday and even TV guides had the time wrong. Really, what does NBC expect when they do this to a show.

AEA AGMA SM
#1567SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:45pm

"I hope it's not Kyle! A baby would just tie him down!"

Awww, I think he and Blake the lighting designer would pop out a couple of adorable butt babies.

"That was my thought when I said I think Hilty will get Emmy nomination. Every article about SMASH always mentions how good she is and sure that will help even with a low watched show."

She's comparatively good to those she's surrounded with, but just average when added to the short lists of actual potential Emmy nominees.

FindingNamo
#1568SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:48pm

The only recap that matters is up and Rachel made me laugh hard here:

"Also, with as much coffee as Karen appears to drink, I am beginning to worry that she actually has some sort of auto-immune disorder that effects her energy levels. I mean, if that’s what she’s like with coffee, what the hell is she like without it? Is she actually dead?"
A nude deal

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1569SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:50pm

What is Megan going to wear to the Emmys, I wonder?

ClydeBarrow
#1570SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:53pm

What is Ivy going to wear to the Tonys? I hope it's the same thing as Karen and there is some backstage dress ripping. And also a sassy gay black designer.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#1571SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 1:57pm

I'm no expert in TV time slots, but NBC just got it all wrong this season. I don't know how much of the performing Broadway community contributes to Smash's total viewers, but putting it on Monday nights last year when most Broadway shows are dark, gave more performers a chance to watch the show. I think the show would've done much better had it been on Sunday or Monday nights this season. The switch to Tuesday just seemed all off and then the midseason switch to Saturdays at 9 came at a horrible time, during the NCAA tournament, like yankeefan said. Now they moved it up to 8pm on Saturdays??? It just seems like NBC is doing everything they can to boost this program. They obviously want it to succeed because if they didn't, I think they should have just let it ride out it's Tuesday time slot and then cancel the show.

dramamama611
#1572SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:01pm

They are certainly NOT worried about getting any kind of audience. The show isn't returning, so they really don't care.

FindingNamo
#1573SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:02pm

I think you're right. Monday nights would mean an automatic 2 million viewers around the country whose shows are dark that night.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1574SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:04pm

I'm sorry to hear that no one on Broadway has a tv recording apparatus.

Videos