News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 64

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Platypus
#1575SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:07pm

I agree with the others here that the ever-changing time slot is contributing (though of course not the only cause) to the downward spiral of ratings. I watch the show religiously (don't worry, I fully realize that it's terrible - it's 100% guilty pleasure) and I always watch it either live or on DVR. Yet it didn't record last night due to the time slot change AGAIN and as a result, I ended up downloading it, and consequently contributing nothing to the ratings. If it happened to me, I am sure it happened to many of the other regular viewers.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1576SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:10pm

Hopefully season three will be more stable. I hear they are going to put in in the middle of an episode of The Voice next year so that people are tricked into watching it.

FindingNamo
#1577SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:23pm

Does anybody think it might have something to do with time slots?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

trixigold
#1578SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:32pm

I doubt Megan Hilty will get an Emmy nomination, and it has nothing to do with the quality of her performance. That would require NBC putting money in trade paper ads and investing in getting her a nomination. If it were a successful show it would make sense, but since it's not, they're not going to try. No one watches the show and this is her first major role on TV, so I'd have to think there are many actresses in a better position to get a nomination. Besides, which nominating category would she fit into?

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1579SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:34pm

I think they might, much like ABC did with Chenoweth after the show got cancelled.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1580SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:40pm

I think they'll do her one better and give her her own series!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1581SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:47pm

The interiors were shot @the old 175 th St but the lobby was the Lyceum.Total disconnect there.

Poster Emeritus

hermisicoso Profile Photo
hermisicoso
#1582SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:51pm

My vote is to put her in a sitcom, Hilty is great at that stuff. McPhee is too bland, she's gotta kick it up a notch. A movie career would be best for her, that is, if the movies want her.

FindingNamo
#1583SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:03pm

Karen's role as a mom in a Nicholas Sparks adaptation is hers for the auditioning.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1584SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:20pm

Any word whats on the fronts for Hilty after SMASH?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1585SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:27pm

I think she's competing on The Voice.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1586SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:30pm

I hope that they make a movie of Bombshell after this so that Hilty can win a EGOT!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1587SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:39pm

Let Julie Taymor direct Bombshell for Broadway. Marilyn flies in on a wire.

Poster Emeritus

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1588SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:43pm

My favorite Shukert excerpt:

"And then Karen tells him he’s a jealous old man, and he’s only giving Midriff Karen’s songs because Karen wouldn’t sleep with him, and Midriff, is like, “Excuse me, bitch? Because all that time I was working my ass off in conservatory I was dreaming of the day I could play the slutty, wisecracking maidservant to animate glob of moisturizer?” Midriff, congratulations, you have become my favorite character. And that’s that!"

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1589SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:45pm

Who do you think should direct Bombshell if it were to come to Broadway? Who's the real life Derek?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1590SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 3:52pm

Another episode of " As The World Turns" has been aired.

Poster Emeritus

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#1591SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 4:09pm

McPhee is not a pop star either, no matter how little clothes she wears to events and performances. So I'm not sure where her market is, adult contemporary music I guess. I'm not sure this show sold her as a leading lady either, so I don't see her getting interesting Broadway offers. Unlike Megan.

Still hoping Megan gets the movie role of Glinda, if they ever cast it. With Samantha Barks as Elphie.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1592SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 4:28pm

Who do you think should direct Bombshell if it were to come to Broadway? Who's the real life Derek?

The late Joe Brooks.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#1593SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 4:49pm

When Jesse was trying to get the guys to calm down all that was in my head were his lyrics in "Goodbye, Love".

all that jazz
#1594SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:00pm

"The late Joe Brooks."

Who's the living one?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1595SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:04pm

The early Joe Brooks.

all that jazz
#1596SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:36pm

^ Jordan, that truly made me laugh. SMASH

SporkGoddess
#1597SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:39pm

Since we're sharing our favorite part of the Vulture recap for the latest episode, mine is:

What does Kyle Goblinweed think? Kyle Goblinweed? Kyle Goblinweed thinks…Derek is right! Master has presented Kyle with clothes!!! Kyle is a free elf! (At least, until Jimmy strips him in the night, douses him with kerosene, and sets him on fire.) “YOU FAGGOT!!!!” Jimmy screams. “YOU INCREDIBLE TREACHOROUS F*CKFROG!!!! You’re just jealous of what Karen and I have, even though I won’t tell her my real name, or why I don’t have a social security number!!!”

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

all that jazz
#1598SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:46pm

That's so mean! Poor Kyle.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1599SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 6:06pm

I wonder if Rachel reads Broadwayworld. I only skim her at this point because for every one word she devotes to the show, she devotes five to not talking about the show, but that "Does Bernadette Peters exist in the world of Smash" happened here just this week.
Updated On: 4/14/13 at 06:06 PM

Videos