News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 61

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#1500SMASH
Posted: 4/10/13 at 6:49pm

NBC seriously has nothing good going for them other than The Voice.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#1501SMASH
Posted: 4/11/13 at 11:55pm

OH NO YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

I'm going away this weekend, so set my DVR for SMash on Sat, and it's not there... The Voice rerun is. The SNL rerun. I did a search and the week after (Opening Night) is, but not this weekend...

And I get two NBCs--the Detroit one and the Seattle one--not on either. WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!

*cry* Seriously, anyone else notice it not showing up?

EricMontreal22
#1502SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 12:06am

*exciting update*

The Seattle NBC says it has paid programming at 8pm. But the Detroit one lists the same repeat of the Voice at 8 and again at 9 so maybe this is a screw up due to the schedule change. (I believe SMash's ratings last were below the point where an affiliate is allowed to show what they want in that timeslot instead...)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1503SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 12:15am

Mine's like that, too. I'm just gonna set it to record at 7 (I'm central time).

EricMontreal22
#1504SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 12:21am

I'll say a prayer that it works for you, and for me.

*crosses toes*

bobs3
#1505SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 3:21am

I didn't see BONNIE & CLYDE (because I refuse to see any show Frank Wildhorn is involved with) but I did see NEWSIES and I thought Jeremy Jordan was terrific but something happened on the way to SMASH, his acting is cringe-worthy on the show and I am embarrassed for him while watching him struggle through those HIT LIST songs. He had a good gig with NEWSIES and he should have stayed with that show.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1506SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 5:22am

I agree, bobs3.

If an actor has a good gig with a show he should never leave it. He should stay in that show forever and never accept an opportunity to be in a television show or movies that might further his career.

He should never do other projects that might seem exciting or fresh. He should stay in the same show forever.

I mean who cares that he's young and talented and has a ton of opportunities to do things that you average musical theatre actor has to fight and claw for. Every promising actor should become the new Carol Rigby-Neely!

If for no other reason than I say so.

EricMontreal22
#1507SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 11:16am

Aside from Phyllis and I, nobody else has the DVR scare of missing their Smash fix this Sat? I'm curious how the other affiliates are (I know Phyllis has said his NBC has dropped low rated shows, like COmmunity, before.)

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1508SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 11:50am

If my DVR doesn't pick it up correctly, I'll just watch it on NBC OnDemand. No big fear.

kieranbec Profile Photo
kieranbec
#1509SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 11:52am

The episodes are always up on NBC's website the next day.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1510SMASH
Posted: 4/12/13 at 3:02pm

Eric, my dvr is updated now and show's Smash on Saturday at its proper time.

alxscrz2 Profile Photo
alxscrz2
#1511SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 8:01pm

New episode of Smash is on right now. Sigh how many times are they going to change the time slot..... first 9 and now 8. Make up your mind nbc

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#1512SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 8:10pm

Oh lord. Poor Ivy. Has this sort of thing ever actually happened onstage before?

broadwayfever
#1513SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 8:57pm

That was a great show tonight.

I'm falling more and more in love with Megan Hilty every week.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1514SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 9:18pm

SMASH

Arghhh!!!!!!!! I missed it!! According to my guide it was supposed to air at 9:00.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow thanks to DirecTV.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1515SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 9:22pm

You didn't miss much.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fire and Music
#1516SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 9:48pm

I actually thought this was the best episode in a while. I still can't stand the whole Hit List story line, though. Megan Hilty is the only presence that still holds my interest. But I was happy that Ann Harada actually got a few lines tonight!

Ham3
#1517SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 9:53pm

^Totally agree.

broadwayfever
#1518SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 10:00pm

^I agree. It was the best episode that I've seen in a while and Megan Hilty has really taken over as the star of the show.

Although, I still can't get that Krysta Rodriguez number (Reach for Me) from 2 weeks ago out of my mind...it was amazing. She is so sexy and talented. I only wish they gave Krysta Rodriguez more time to shine.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1519SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 11:11pm

They've put Bombshell into The Lyceum?? Now it will flop for sure!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

WhizzerMarvin
#1520SMASH
Posted: 4/13/13 at 11:55pm

Ok, it's the morning of the first preview of Julia's show and she has time to go down to NYTW to sit in on a Hit List rehearsal!?!? Especially after the invited dress was such a mess and Eileen just told her and Tom that it was a troubled production?

Kyle Goblinweed just betrayed Jimmy!!! I hope Shukert has some fun with this fight scene tomorrow morning. "I'm good at this now!"

All anyone is talking about is Sam's penis! You google Sam Strickland and what do you find?? PENIS! (Phyllis, Stop googling Sam Strickland)

Jimmy doesn't have a social security number!/You're a jealous old man Derek!

Loved Hilty's nudity choice.

Why aren't Tom and Julia sitting in the back of the orchestra taking notes?

The stagedoor is in the back of The Lyceum, not on 45th St (although I guess she could exit that way).

Plot description, plot description! (Funny, I do the same things when I read reviews aloud with friends, but in this case we actually could use a Hit List plot description!)

Did the Times article say Bombshell was playing at the Lily Hayes?

Ivy turning the alarm off! I liked that scene between her and Derek, but damn this show is one long iPhone commercial.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

FindingNamo
#1521SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:12am

Promotional consideration provided by APPLE.

So glad Leslie Odious Junior Mint is gone gone gone. Dragging the cast to church last season was one thing, demanding Ivy stay clothed is quite another.

I liked the way every wire of the various characters working on the two shows has now crossed disastrously but cooking up something between Wednesday Addams and Adam P(ascal)CP Pusher is exactly the kind of bad plot decision making that has brought us to Saturday night with no previews for the following week.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin
#1522SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:19am

"I liked the way every wire of the various characters working on the two shows has now crossed disastrously but cooking up something between Wednesday Addams and Adam P(ascal)CP Pusher is exactly the kind of bad plot decision making that has brought us to Saturday night with no previews for the following week."

Namo, that not only hit the nail on the head, but truly made me laugh out loud.

I don't understand why Sam didn't sing So Long Dearie to Tom in front of The Lyceum. It would have been brilliant. Of course I would have staged it just like the movie and had a horse and bug pull up to carry him out of frame belting the final note!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#1523SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 12:56am

Yes, Whizzer, it's the "Lily Hayes Theatre," but they filmed at the Lyceum. They changed the marquee and all the posters for Bombshell outside the theatre said Lily Hayes.

My DVR messed it up as well. Glad I caught it.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1524SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 2:00am

Anyone know if or when Montego Glover shows up as Hit List's stage manager?

Videos